Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Tophers Tenacious Tacoma 2013

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #141
Future Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really nice
Marines:
Name: Jeff
Future Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Rear bare bumper $799.99

Recessed light buckets $75.00

Wings $200.00

SMR Defused Lamp $199.99

Powder coat, paint, or Line X ?

Delivery $125.00

Probably kind of overkill for my application, but I like how heavy duty it looks and I hope it lasts for a long time and protects the pickup.

I hope to get motivated soon and start my build thread, but I have been traveling a lot for business.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #142
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
I would have it Line x or industrial powder coated. That's not a bad deal at all. The bumper that i realy want is quite expenceve Kaymar bumpers.

Below is the what the company emailed me.

K3930 - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ twin pivots and Lights in bar - $1,725.00
USA-TAC - Rear Bar W/ LHS tyre carrier - $2,421.00
KITTAC - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ LHS & RHS tyre carriers - $3,045.00
KitTAC-L-JCD - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ LHS tyre carrier and RHS double jerry can holder - $3,146.00
KitTAC-R-JCD - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ RHS tyre carrier and LHS double jerry can holder - $3,146.00
K0500 Mounted telescopic work light - $241.00

Now the fine print...Prices are for a credit card sale and can be slightly lower for cash or check, Orders from Australia include shipping from Australia, but not from our Las Vegas warehouse.

As for the specs below is a picture of the Tacoma rear bar on the OP work truck. It has a built in two hitch that accommodates the Toyota tow package and is rates at or above vehicle ability. It comes with the tow hitch, however not with the tow ball.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #143
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
I would have it Line x or industrial powder coated. That's not a bad deal at all. The bumper that i realy want is quite expenceve Kaymar bumpers.

Below is the what the company emailed me.

K3930 - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ twin pivots and Lights in bar - $1,725.00
USA-TAC - Rear Bar W/ LHS tyre carrier - $2,421.00
KITTAC - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ LHS & RHS tyre carriers - $3,045.00
KitTAC-L-JCD - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ LHS tyre carrier and RHS double jerry can holder - $3,146.00
KitTAC-R-JCD - Kaymar Rear Bar W/ RHS tyre carrier and LHS double jerry can holder - $3,146.00
K0500 Mounted telescopic work light - $241.00

Now the fine print...Prices are for a credit card sale and can be slightly lower for cash or check, Orders from Australia include shipping from Australia, but not from our Las Vegas warehouse.

As for the specs below is a picture of the Tacoma rear bar on the OP work truck. It has a built in two hitch that accommodates the Toyota tow package and is rates at or above vehicle ability. It comes with the tow hitch, however not with the tow ball.

Twin pivot tire gate is sweet!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #144
Future Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really nice
Marines:
I agree. I really like the look and the functionality of the Kaymar bumper. I found it right away when I got on this forum.

That is also the bumper I wanted, but when I contact them they told me shipping from Australia and then I started measuring our garage.

It won't fit.

So what do you do.

I decided against it.

That is by far the best bumper I have seen.

I think the CBI is hopefully the second best.

I really want the swing away tire, etc., but we live in a patio home and the garages are smaller.

Get it you won't regret it.

Best wishes.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #145
Marines:
Good Day Topher.

Any decision on a rear bumper?

I keep looking at the Kaymar. That is definitely the best looking and probably the most functional rear bumper I have seen.

Best wishes for a great day.

Jeff
Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #146
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
I have not made much headway in the rear bumper department. I am debating on waiting until I get to the main land next year to keep shipping cost down. That and hopping that ARB releases there own rear bumper for the Tacoma.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #147
Marines:
I understand. I called someone at ARB I think they were in Seattle, WA. a few weeks back and I believe they said that a rear bumper was under consideration, but it was off the table at this point and time.

However since I work for a manufacturer I know things are under consideration and off the table and all of a sudden we have it for sale.

Maybe by the end of August or early September I will have all of my modifications installed and some pictures posted.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #148

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Played hooky from the office and went kayak surfing today.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #149
Marines:
Talking

What a great way to spend the day.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #150

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
More Awesome photos by Nate!

Old 08-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #151
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
looks like it belongs in a magazine!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #152
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
w00t! Just wait until you get the full-res files
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #153

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Matt but all the credit goes to the Awesome photographer Nate!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #154

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Got my 20 foot Hobie Tandem Island Loaded up for North Shore sailing trip last weekend.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #156
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
^ Nice!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #157

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsblaine View Post

Chris, I was going through my phone and found this pic! not as high quality as Nate
Great pic flexing! Thank you
Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #158
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking good Chris
Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #159

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you! Yours is quite the beast! Caint wait to see it when your parts come in.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #160

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Well I should be finally getting the tire size I originally wanted for my truck this weekend. Getting a set of BFG MUDs in a 255/85 16r, can't wait!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread