RedLantern is on a distinguished road

RedLantern's Tacoma Gallery

Bought Oil pan spacer from coupe that came in today! Install will
Be next oil change.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #25
Weou09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Larry
Weou09's Tacoma Gallery
That's is a big turbo with a huge AR for a 4.0 V6. My turbo on my mustang is a ceramic BB 67mm with a .81AR and it makes 8# at 3-3200rpm. Should be fun but I wouldn't be surprised if lag was bad.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #27
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you got the right idea.. but please tell me these aren't chinese knockoff turbo parts?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #29
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing. I love forced induction.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
wow pretty mean!
Thanks braddah man! cant wait to get this installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That right there is a piece that any one with the shallow oil pan should get!
Yes! appreciate for directing me where to purchase it too! If anyone else is interested, Coupe has a few available for purchase! get at him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Subbed for future awesomeness...
I seem to go onto Urd's site daily looking at the chargers...I think one day my hand will independently click "buy".
DO IT! once you go FI, you wont regret it. Plus if you fly torspd to do the install im positive you wont have any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weou09 View Post
That's is a big turbo with a huge AR for a 4.0 V6. My turbo on my mustang is a ceramic BB 67mm with a .81AR and it makes 8# at 3-3200rpm. Should be fun but I wouldn't be surprised if lag was bad.
Yea i do expect lag with this. im most likely gonna change the turbo later down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Looks like you got the right idea.. but please tell me these aren't chinese knockoff turbo parts?
PM sent on info about the turbo. Dont worry, this turbo is reliable. Brother has it on his Daily driven silverado with 10k+ miles on it with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Subbing. I love forced induction.
Thanks man.. FI is the best addiction ever
Old 03-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #32
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
That's a pretty big turbo. How much boost you plan on running? How much boost can these engines handle?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #33
payrow is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
payrow's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #34

Plans for the upcoming week....

1. Thanks to the influence of Torspd , I will be looking/purchasing a spare motor to build on the side.... Yes forged built motor. Just spoked with the seller today and im scheduled to look at it on wednesday. Based off of what he said....

"Would have to add water every couple of weeks. It was a slow leak. Did a chemical test and showed no leak but leakdown showed blown headgasket."

His friend had a 1gr laying around from a salvaged taco and gave it to him to swap into his tacoma. hes asking $300 for the complete engine (minus headers but includes the heads) so hopefully i find no cracks.

2. Will be calling Powerfab to order my hot tubes/headers. Woot!

Quote:
Need moar pictures!
Yea i know...i will try to get more. Pictures will start flowing once i start the install. Just trying to get everything i need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
That's a pretty big turbo. How much boost you plan on running? How much boost can these engines handle?

With TRD reflash i plan to go 4-6psi till i get the aem ems installed.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #36

So I picked up the engine today. Seems to turn just fine but will start the tear down maybe later this month since I got some stuff lined up. Here's a sneak peek.

As for the hot tubes setup from powerfab, Jeremy (the owner) will be calling me to set up the order and take down some info.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #38

Quote:
This is getting exciting!
It sure is! Just picked up my engine stand too. Been a long day so ill try to get more pics up later
Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #39

So I had the motor sitting in my truck and tried mounting it to the stand today. I put the stand together fine up until i mounted the brackets onto it. The damn bolts were too long and it was missing hardware. Anyways that was an Easy fix.

Now the mounting...Didn't have a engine hoist so my buddy and i ended up going to home depot, picked up a ratcheting tow strap And had it hanging over a 4x6 beam. Talk about Brokanic build 101 right there. We then had it suspended ready to bolt on to the stand but realized that I forgot to buy the mounting bolts. Damnit another set back. So now it's jus sitting on a dolly waiting to be worked on. Gonna pick some up tomorrow and hopefully start the tear down this week.

To be continued..
Old 05-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #40

Scored some hand me down goodies this weekend....

Woot! My brother changed his exhaust setup so i scored an aero turbine and magnaflow with 3.5 inlet. Used for Less than a month.