Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

RedLantern's "Brokanic" build

Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #41
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
That combo will sound very nice. Once you have those on, you will definitely need to get an exhaust video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK X View Post
Thank you Redlantern for the purchase of Powerfab's turbo kit. It is now our 5th tacoma turbo kit we have built. We will have it shipped out in the next day or 2, so I cant wait to see it all on your truck. :top: Whos next?

Do those belong to you???
Old 05-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #42
RedLantern is on a distinguished road

RedLantern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That combo will sound very nice. Once you have those on, you will definitely need to get an exhaust video.

Do those belong to you???

Haha! it will....soon enough. in transit i believe. Hoping sometime this week it'll get here and be in my hands. Ill get closer photos up once they arrive.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Aarg!
Just put on my headers, intake, y pipe n maf cal...I love the feeling. ..but I want mooore!
Go turbo
Old 05-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #45
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
me want turbo for 2.7l make me drift action
haha then everyone would just bitch at me wh i never just get a Xrunner
i rather be different
I can't wait to see this bad boy rolling and spinning them tires all day long
Old 05-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
me want turbo for 2.7l make me drift action
haha then everyone would just bitch at me wh i never just get a Xrunner
i rather be different
I can't wait to see this bad boy rolling and spinning them tires all day long
I'm sure it's doable. Urd got their sc kit so that's one option. Other is custom front mount. I say do it.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #47
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i saw that on URD i love the simple bolt on kits less problems plus warranty always seems the best way i mean more fun power would be great i aint looking for a full built race motor haha no where to go on this island plus I'm pretty sure id bus my tire tryna hang turns since I'm so low

it is definitely in the basket of things I want but prolly won't be a while till id be able to do so
right now I'm just focused on the suspension and lil things here and there

i love my 24-27 MPG hehe these 4 banger with 5 speed can't go wrong
Old 05-14-2013, 03:24 AM   #48

Haha. Man the more so should get one. Good mpg with FI ftw! I always get comments from people asking "why would you turbo your truck? You live on an island."

And My answer is always the same....cause I can. Lol
Old 05-14-2013, 03:30 AM   #49

shit why not haha can get down with a turbo off road or when you like just pass a 350z thas tryna ack bad ass

yeah man S/C for me is gonna have to wait but would be real nice to have
Old 05-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #50

After a long night at work....(had a jumper at the hotel next to us)...

Came home to this!

I wonder what it could be?? Ill find out tomorrow. Dead tired and Switching back to day shift so I need some shut eye.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #53

Quote:
Makes me proud to see them making turbo kit components for Tacomas. Very excited for you.
I agree! Thanks for paving the way brotha! Can't wait to go home and open it.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #54

Thank you Jeremy at Powerfab! Especially Alex with his awesome fab skills. Photos look great but looks even BETTER in person.

You get the idea...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #55

Forgot to mention I decided to go with a 46mm Precision Turbo Wastegate. Includes 5 color coated springs. Blue 18 psi, Green 9psi, red 6 psi(not shown. Inside wastegate), yellow 3psi, and a natural colored at 1.5psi.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #56

Got my inter-fooler mounted today. Man was it hotttt.
Used some L brackets and mounted behind the bumper.

Tada....had to trim behind the grill so it could fit.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #58

Quote:
That looks really good. The thing I like about it most is that your setup leaves plenty of the radiator unblocked.
Thanks bro I like it too. I had it set at that height due to where my piping would route to. Where its at now, I have a lot of clearance.

Also did an oil change today. Was gonna install my oil pan spacer but seems like I won't need one. My truck has the deep pan so the spacer is not needed. I will post it for sale 300 shipped. Looking to get what I paid for it.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #59

Today I did a test fitment with the setup I got from power fab to check for any fitment issues and only one came up. Since this is the first to be tested on an auto, I figured I'd share my findings. After connecting the driver side vband to the header and collector I attempted to do the passenger side next. Only issue was that the lines for the auto transmission are preventing the collector pipe line up with the passenger header. Not too big of an issue. Since part of the lines are made up hoses toward the front of the vechicle, that will be my fix for this issue. Plus it makes an opportunity to install a transmission cooler!

Here are some photos....

This I from under the vehicle on the passenger side where the lines are preventing the collector to line up.

Top view from engine bay

And some rotors and pads came in from r1concepts today. Brakes were going bad and rotors had some scoring so I ordered these for now. Never had an issue with r1concepts before so that's my reason for ordering from them. Will
Be purchasing a BBK in the future.