Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

T-Rey's Build

Old 02-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
"Still need to have something keep the platform from lifting up and once I get that I will find a way to secure the fridge to the platform. I may use a tray or just the ARB hold downs"

Can you use a "L" bracket under the shelf and run a bolt back into where the oem bolt that holds seat hinge came from?
I will be building something similar for my fridge also, thanks for the ideas.
That was my first thought. Going to the hardware store tonight to get some Ideas. Once I get one Ill update.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #22
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Finally finished my rear platform for the rear seats. It took longer than expected and many trips to the hardware store, but done. I did use L brackets to hold down the passenger side platform in the second pic

Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #23
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmreyes1 View Post
Finally finished my rear platform for the rear seats. It took longer than expected and many trips to the hardware store, but done. I did use L brackets to hold down the passenger side platform in the second pic

Kinda lost and I don't really know what I'm looking at
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #24
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmcsantosj View Post
Kinda lost and I don't really know what I'm looking at
I removed the lower rear seats since it is very rare that I have that many passengers. I also put allot of gear back there when I go hunting. The second pic was to show the "L" brackets used to keep the platform down, but that is the only one I have right now. I will get a better picture later when it is daylight.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #25
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #26
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmcsantosj View Post
Gotcha!
Once I get the ARB fridge mounted you will get a better idea of it all
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #27
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Finally got the platform completed and fridge test fitted. Overall I am happy with the way it came out, but always room for improvement once I really start using it.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #28
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Added the newest edition to the truck
Old 03-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #29
bjsurveyor is on a distinguished road

bjsurveyor's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! I have an '06 DC SB, Indigo Ink.

How do you like your RTT? I just bought one. Same brand. I bought the 9008 model. I was looking at installing some kind of rack system similar to yours. What kind of rack is that? It looks like a Thule. How does it mount to the bed rails? Does it mount to the track system?

I was going to build my own, but my limited time & welding experience would probably make purchasing and installing a Thule rack, well worth the $$!

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #30
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have hub to fender measurements? Truck is definitely looking great!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #32
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I see in the live thread you've got some new goodies!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #33
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I see in the live thread you've got some new goodies!
Yes I do. Will need to update this thread soon
Old 08-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #34
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Fianlly pulled the trigger on the supercharger this week. I thought about doing it my self, but since my truck is still under warranty I had a buddy at a Toyota dealership help me out. The dealership matched trdparts4u price and good price on labor. enough of the boring stuff, here are some pics

BOXES

THERE SHE IS

FIT KIT

BEFORE

INSTALL PICS

OLD INJECTORS AND PLUGS

FINISHED

It has been a blast to drive and makes good power. I am sur eI will change the pulley out to a 2.85 and add some gauges. Gonna try it out next weekend towing my trailer to New Mexico
Old 08-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #35
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
NIce work so far man! I like what you've done! That Supercharger looks great.... interested to see what you have to say about the towing...
Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #36
TJ'sTOYCOMA

UPDATED Pics of latest installs. Original build list updated too

Tech Deck install

Bed Rack
Old 01-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #37
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Saw your pic over in Live. What front bumper are you going with? I'm guessing that you'll most likely have to move the intercooler pump and make a bracket for it, FYI.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #38
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Finall got around to updating my build and can cross another couple of mods off the list that I have been waiting for. First was my bumper that I got from another member here. Second was a 31M battery and a badass battery tray from Pelfreybilt to hold it in. Here are the pics.

Took a little road trip to pick up my bumper and a rear for a fellow member.

Before

My new bumper

During

After

Die Hard 31M battery with Pelfreybilt tray

Battery with OE hold down
Old 03-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #39
TJ'sTOYCOMA

Sad, but got over it very quickly. Got rear ended leaving work by someone not paying attention. Was not a very hard impact, but hte other car (prius) had to be towed away. Bent the bumper down into the pass fender and the tow bar also. Slight frame damage, but nothing major. the first thing I thought was high clearance bumper time. Going to order a Pelfreybuilt next week when I get the insurance check. Here are some pics

Old 03-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #40
TJ'sTOYCOMA

I also finally got a full size spare after almost 2 years with the original spare. I used a Yakima spare tire carrier and bolted it to the bed rails. I have seen where members have done this and it ended up cracking the side panel. I have the tire resting against my bed rack and the bracket from Yakima is pretty beefy so it is secured and weight spread out.