Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TRD or not?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
doperdee is on a distinguished road
Name: Danielsaaan
doperdee's Tacoma Gallery
TRD or not?

I am currently shopping for a new Tacoma, but at square one... I am in anticipation of installing a lift kit for it. Mostly looking for a more aggresive look, also looking to have more clearance for larger tires. For the most part I will be using the truck for practical use, but do want to enhance 4x4 preformance for when need be. I dont wanna compromise the factory ride too much either... any recomendations?
In addition, im unsure of which model to buy... Do I go TRD? If so, which teir? I understand there are 3 stages of the TRD upgrade. Ive also been told with the anticipation of lifting the suspension, some upgrades may be redundant. Basically i dont wanna spend an extra 5 grand on factory upgrades that may or may not be changed out.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Once you replace the suspension, tires and wheels, I would assume all the TRD Offroad would have over the SR5 would be rear locker.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
JW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JW
JW87's Tacoma Gallery
TRD sport has the hood scoop and nicer interior if that matters.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
If you think you will need the rear locker then get the TRD OR. That would be the only reason to get the TRD OR if you're swapping other stuff out.

TRD Sport if you like the color matched stuff. I like my Sport but had I anticipated spending all the money I have on mine I would have just gotten an SR5.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Drive It Like You Stole It
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
If you think you will need the rear locker then get the TRD OR. That would be the only reason to get the TRD OR if you're swapping other stuff out.

TRD Sport if you like the color matched stuff. I like my Sport but had I anticipated spending all the money I have on mine I would have just gotten an SR5.
x2