Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jib Bandits "Ferari 2.0" Build

Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Jib Bandits "Ferari 2.0" Build

Well, finally decided I'd take some time to put together a build thread. I'll be updating more as I go along.

Meow.

The original FERARI 1.0 after a herd of deer at 85 MPH (4 confirmed kills)

FERARI 2.0 This is where she's at as of now:

This is when I first got my truck back in may of 2010;
2006 A/C TRD Sport with the SR5 and towing package with just over 70k on her.

Mods:

While searching up replacement parts I discovered TW. My wallet has never been the same...

Engine
aFe TBS for a custom rape whistle sound.

K&N CAI for advanced rape whistle sound.

Flowmaster exhaust, cut off above the axle for clearance.

Suspension
Fox Racing 2.5 shocks up front paired with All-Pro UCAs and BAMF LCA skids.

Fox Racing 2.0 Rear shocks paired with an All-Pro Expo leaf pack and U bolt flip kit.

Random
Goodrich Racing extended steel braided brake lines - front + rear.

All Pro diff drop kit.

8 Rigid industries D series lights (front + rear) to see shit. (deer).

Flyzeye Design interior lighting

Relentless Fabrication CB antannae hood mount brackets (dual, for hood mounted lights).

Cobra CB radio paired to a shitty firestick CB antannae.

Bumpin-ass subwoofer system ghetto rigged in. (a ten and 2 twelves seatbelted into the backseat with a 1000W amp).

Devil Toyota emblem

Smoked headlights and tail lights

Tires & Wheels
285/75/16 BFG KM2s.

16" ProComp steel wheels.

1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers.

Shell & rack
A.R.E. shell

DefenderRack Roof rack

As well as, Random-as-I-see-fit mods that just happen.

Future planned mods (help/suggestions?)

Lock-Right lockers
Safari Snorkel
Dual Battery
ARB air compressor
GPS of some sort
CVT Roof rack tent + awning
URD supercharger
Tall skinny "pizza cutter" tires 255/85/16

Roof rack and HALO headlights

CAI With some custom pinstriping I did.

My TW sticker!

I use CB antennae mounts in the bed track for reverse lights when my shell is off.

Mud. Back before I mounted D2s to the hood.

Awesome views.

Favorite.

Ari - Jib Bandits
Utah County
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! 2.0 is a hell of a step-up from 1.0.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Thanks! It's been slow going and my wallet hates me, but I love my truck. I really to need to sit down and really put this build thread together right, I can tell that my friend Jack Daniels came in to play when I put this together lol. I have literally hundreds of pictures from all the the things I've done to my truck as I installed it all myself and tried to get good step by step pics to do those threads. haha but... 'aint nobody got time for that!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck ! Quite a step up from 1.0. This website has changed my life and wallet lol
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Nice truck! 2.0 is a hell of a step-up from 1.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Great looking truck ! Quite a step up from 1.0. This website has changed my life and wallet lol

Well the "1.0" ('94 yota) was my first truck I bought for 2 grand back in high school. I put the "Ferari" plates on as a joke since my name is Ari, and it stuck. After I totalled it with the deer I bought another one just like it with a blown motor for 400 bucks and just chopped and swapped the front ends and body parts to make a franken-truck lol. I actually still have it and it runs great! That little 22re motor was forged in the fires of hell.

I finally got around to upgrading to "2.0" after I got my Army bonus. It's been an expensive but awesome hobby ever since!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Love the hybrid bumper and the duellys on the hood mounts
Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Does your wiper hit the driver side light?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
Does your wiper hit the driver side light?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
What kind of duellys are you running?
I've got six D1s; two amber floods on the bumper, two spots up top and two white floods rear facing on my rack.

The two on the hood are D2 spots and there's tons of room for clearance, even with the hood up I don't think the wipers would touch it.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
My wipers took my driver side one out
Old 02-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
I've got six D1s; two amber floods on the bumper, two spots up top and two white floods rear facing on my rack.

The two on the hood are D2 spots and there's tons of room for clearance, even with the hood up I don't think the wipers would touch it.
Nice, did you have to drill holes to install your rack?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #14

Updated with a few more pics off my GoPro. Also, edited a few things out and cleaned it up now that Jack Daniels isn't helping me type lol.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #15

Quote:
My wipers took my driver side one out
Really? What kind of lights were you runnin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Nice, did you have to drill holes to install your rack?
Yepp, I just drilled through the shell and used uni-strut and 3/8 hardware with the mounting system the rack included. I tried using the hardware that came with it at first but that was just some crappy rubber expansion nuts that you drop in the holes. Vibrated out within two weeks, I thought I was gonna lose my rack on the freeway!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #16

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
D2's you actually inspired to put mine there back on fb
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #17

Quote:
D2's you actually inspired to put mine there back on fb
I'm surprised your wiper took it out how'd you have it mounted?

Ha I'm glad I gave you some inspiration!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #18

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Cb mounts from relentless fab but its all fixed now just threw on a spacer
Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #19
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
Really? What kind of lights were you runnin?

Yepp, I just drilled through the shell and used uni-strut and 3/8 hardware with the mounting system the rack included. I tried using the hardware that came with it at first but that was just some crappy rubber expansion nuts that you drop in the holes. Vibrated out within two weeks, I thought I was gonna lose my rack on the freeway!
Hmm... I might have to see it in person to see what you're talking about...