Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Airdog's 2012 Prerunner Access Cab (slow) Build

Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #21
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd! Nice 2012 dude!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #22
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck! I mean this with no disrespect, but why are you doing this to a 2WD truck? Lift and sliders for what? You have done a great job planning the build, but with the money you've already invested in the truck, why didn't you drop the extra couple of grand for 4x4?
Old 04-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #23
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Beautiful truck! I mean this with no disrespect, but why are you doing this to a 2WD truck? Lift and sliders for what? You have done a great job planning the build, but with the money you've already invested in the truck, why didn't you drop the extra couple of grand for 4x4?
Because the chicks at the mall dig lifted trucks.

Seriously though....I personally have no need for 4wd so why spend for it. This is my daily driver. I like the look of my truck lifted with bigger tires and really that is what it boils down to. I've had this truck 10 months and it has not seen the dirt once...that should be changing this weekend.
My plan is that when I need a 4wd i'll pull out the towstrap and hook up to one...way cheaper and it makes the 4WD guys feel like they have bigger penises.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #24
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post

Seriously though....I personally have no need for 4wd so why spend for it. This is my daily driver. I like the look of my truck lifted with bigger tires and really that is what it boils down to. I've had this truck 10 months and it has not seen the dirt once...that should be changing this weekend.
My plan is that when I need a 4wd i'll pull out the towstrap and hook up to one...way cheaper and it makes the 4WD guys feel like they have bigger penises.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #25
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Fair enough. Though sliders don't seem to make much sense as they don't really change the look of the truck. To each their own.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If his truck is an OR edition, then youd be surprised what that E-locker can do. I've done some crazy shit in mine..
Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #27
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
It is the OR edition with the e-locker.
The other thing is the sliders do have a function....no more door dings almost every car door will now hit the sliders instead of the body. I also think that it does look better with the sliders...now when walking up to my truck it hides the frame that you could see clearly. But to each his own....now lets slam those beers!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #28
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
this is amost the exact same set up as im doing with my 2006 in a few weeks!! looks so badass man... im also looking for locals who would help me with the install if u would b down!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #29
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fair enough. Though sliders don't seem to make much sense as they don't really change the look of the truck. To each their own.
A 2wd can't damage the underside of their truck therefore sliders are pointless

The sliders look good and are in fact functional. I've had several 2wd and 4x4 trucks and sliders are always good to have.

Somewhat of a silly comment IMO, but to each their own right.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #30
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Love the headlights as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #32
TRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRDMike66's Tacoma Gallery
did you have any problems with your alignment? Thinking about doing this setup I could use some help though I have Billies set at 1.75 with stock springs now.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #33

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
This setup is actually better than having your billies set at 1.75. The spindle lift allows your geometry to stay exactly as it was when stock if you set the billies to 0. I have mine set to .85 with the spindles and my alignment was not even an issue...it came out perfect. spindle lift is the way to go if you are 2wd.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #34
do the bfgs rub at all? and i definitely will hit u up soon, i just ordered the pro comps and then tires come in about 3 weeks
Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #36
Quote:
There is some rubbing on the front but only when compressed and the wheels are turned. has not been bad enough for me to start cutting yet...though i'm sure that will happen out on the trail somewhere...my laziness will pay me back in sweat and dirt.
ok so i would prob do a cab mount chop when i get it done haha... and ive been debating doing it with my dad and a friend since im crippled and cant do it myself lol! everyone says its easy! but my thing is i dont have the right tools to perform the instal
Old 05-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #38
Quote:
Its not the cab mount where i'm hitting. Its just the wheel well plastic in the front and back bottom edges. It also just touches the plastic plugs that hold the front mud flaps on...though I took them off but shoved the plugs back in.
mmm i see, so for a DD its cool then
Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #39
also how did u pre load your coils when u set em at .85?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #40

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradicus8 View Post
mmm i see, so for a DD its cool then
As a DD I see no need to trim anything. only time i've ever rubbed is offroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradicus8 View Post
also how did u pre load your coils when u set em at .85?
I did the method where you use your floor jack under the LCA to support the coil while you take off the top nut. Let the jack down and the coil decompresses, remove the shock and spring from the truck, move the snap ring where you want it on your billies then reverse the procedure....very very easy to do.