LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Airdog's 2012 Prerunner Access Cab (slow) Build

Old 05-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #41
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
A 2wd can't damage the underside of their truck therefore sliders are pointless

The sliders look good and are in fact functional. I've had several 2wd and 4x4 trucks and sliders are always good to have.

Somewhat of a silly comment IMO, but to each their own right.
Even if I didn't ever go off road, I'd want some sliders just to prove a point to the assholes in every parking lot in this city who like to door slam.

Great looking truck dude. You should take it off road sometime, you'd be amazed at what it can do with those tires and a locker.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #42
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
As a DD I see no need to trim anything. only time i've ever rubbed is offroad.

I did the method where you use your floor jack under the LCA to support the coil while you take off the top nut. Let the jack down and the coil decompresses, remove the shock and spring from the truck, move the snap ring where you want it on your billies then reverse the procedure....very very easy to do.
mmm interesting is it relatively safe to do?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #43
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
IMO its very safe...matter of fact its way safer than using spring compressors. i'd imagine if you had access to a bench mounted spring compressor like automotive shops have that would be ideal. But the method I used aint gonna hurt you.
Here is a link to a thread that has a video on how to do it post #8
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post4507018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Even if I didn't ever go off road, I'd want some sliders just to prove a point to the assholes in every parking lot in this city who like to door slam.

Great looking truck dude. You should take it off road sometime, you'd be amazed at what it can do with those tires and a locker.
Thanks khaos. I've been out once with it and had a blast. Probably heading out this weekend for more.
Group pic here
Old 05-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #44
Oregoniangrown is on a distinguished road
Name: Colin
Oregoniangrown's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to show my ignorance here. What do the new spindles do for you? Thanks in advance, your truck is AWESOME. is it MGM or Pyrite Mica?
Old 05-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #45
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoniangrown View Post
I am going to show my ignorance here. What do the new spindles do for you? Thanks in advance, your truck is AWESOME. is it MGM or Pyrite Mica?
The spindles gave me 4 inches of lift in the front while maintaining the stock suspension geometry ie...it rides like a stock truck but with 4 inches of lift.
HERE is a link to the spindle suspension thread.
Its MGM
Thanks for the compliment!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #48
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a spy shot of some goodies Tom just got on.....BAMF
Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #49

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
First off big thanks to Vince at SDHQ Offroad Racing! I ordered this on Monday morning, price was right and it was at my door at 10am Wednesday as promised. For those of you counting that is ordered, shipped, installed and aligned in less than 3 days!! Awesome Customer Service!!!

I was completely done with the install and alignment by 5pm. I'd say the install took me about 5 hours by myself and could have been faster but I really took my time. The Icons come set for 2 inches of lift but I did not need that much so I backed them down to about 1 inch and a little more threads showing on the drivers side to fix the tacoma lean. Now off to the pictures.

UPS Arrives!

The Goodies!

Long shot showing the spindles and Icon UCA

Drivers side

Passenger side

How She sits
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #50
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! Those retros are so clean
Old 06-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #51
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! We need to get you some Gunmetal F5's!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #52
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Stance is really good! Let's see a front shot of all that ground clearance!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #54
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
i'll give you $50 for the light bar. thats a $25 profit and you keep the skids!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #56
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
As requested

Why I am partial to 2WD! Looks good Tom! Let me know how the weekend goes!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #57

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Fair enough. Though sliders don't seem to make much sense as they don't really change the look of the truck. To each their own.
Do my sliders make sense now??? They just saved me thousands of dollars in damage after a trail run this weekend...got a similar one on the other slider too. I fell onto the slider pretty hard...scared the shit out of me. But was very happy with the outcome.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #58
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
Fair enough. Though sliders don't seem to make much sense as they don't really change the look of the truck. To each their own.
Newbz.

Its about protection. Not looks
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #59
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do my sliders make sense now??? They just saved me thousands of dollars in damage after a trail run this weekend...got a similar one on the other slider too. I fell onto the slider pretty hard...scared the shit out of me. But was very happy with the outcome.

They sure do! Like I said - beautiful truck and I'm way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Newbz.

Its about protection. Not looks
Read what I wrote. He said something about liking the way it looks. I responded to that comment.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #60
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
They sure do! Like I said - beautiful truck and I'm way

Read what I wrote. He said something about liking the way it looks. I responded to that comment.
Whoopsie!

Products Discussed in this Thread