Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MadToy build

Old 04-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #61
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Man I wish I cut my front bumper as clean as you did to clear the winch mount and fairlead. Waiting to get the new lower bumper to make mine look as clean as yours. You have a great looking truck! How bad is the rubbing with running 315's when wheeling and flexing out the suspension. Did you have to weld in steering stops?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #62
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

Rubbing isn't bad at all on the trail. Mainly up in the front corners, where the washer bottle bolts in on passenger side. Rubs the frame and a bit of the UCA at full turn, but those areas are smooth and shouldn't damage the tire, so I'll leave it be for now without welding in steering stops.

Overall, clearance is good. Very glad I did it.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #63
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Thanks!

Rubbing isn't bad at all on the trail. Mainly up in the front corners, where the washer bottle bolts in on passenger side. Rubs the frame and a bit of the UCA at full turn, but those areas are smooth and shouldn't damage the tire, so I'll leave it be for now without welding in steering stops.

Overall, clearance is good. Very glad I did it.
Man I'd be happy if I could run a true 33x12.5 without rubbing, I barely got 285's to stop rubbing hahaha. I can only imagine the trial and error with trimming to make 35's fit and functional.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #64
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I clearanced as much as possible over several weeks before getting the tires. I was actually shocked at how well they cleared out on the local trails. Cutting the fenders was psychologically difficult, but physically simple. And once done, I very much prefer the look to the full flare look.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #65
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man. I have that hidden winch mount in my future mods wish list. Looks great on there.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #66
tim allan has a spectacular aura abouttim allan has a spectacular aura about

tim allan's Tacoma Gallery
need more pics with the km2's I ran into you on kodiak rock one day a year or 2 ago
Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #67
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. Don't have many pics with the KM2's unfortunately. I have this video, but can't tell if I was running the Cooper STT's or KM2's in it...

http://youtu.be/5GC6J9IjIt

This one is definitely with the KM2's - although I had to mute the volume. Zack has different musical tastes than I do. But you can see right in the beginning why I was concerned with losing the bead on the skinny 255's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_5veCnb82U
Old 05-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #70
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
It's amazing how much 1" extra clearance makes. Crawled over spots that would hang me up every time. Still rubbed the paint off both sliders though

Landed hard on the Brute Force bumper, which no doubt would have done some major damage to the rear quarter panel if it were still there.

Also had a Larry moment out there

Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #72
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
go home fj, you're drunk

nice seeing this beast out on some trails
Old 05-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #74
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig man! Love that HC rear... Have one of Billy's Hybrid fronts and love it. Trying to get an HC by the end of this summer but he wont answer a PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #75
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Nice rig man! Love that HC rear... Have one of Billy's Hybrid fronts and love it. Trying to get an HC by the end of this summer but he wont answer a PM.
I would get hold of him on Facebook. He gets on there more often than the forums.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #78
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Nice meeting you yesterday. How did the FJ's do in that first section?
Same here...

The FJ's all made it up, including the stocker on street tires! They take the line over against the wall though, as their wheelbase is too short to go up the middle. Had some intense 3 wheel action with most of them coming through that hole right after the first ledge

If you look at post #70, the exact same thing happened on the first ledge to the same truck. This time he was ready for it though, and had the spare swapped in 10 minutes. Then took a much toned down approach and walked right up.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #79
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Same here...

The FJ's all made it up, including the stocker on street tires! They take the line over against the wall though, as their wheelbase is too short to go up the middle. Had some intense 3 wheel action with most of them coming through that hole right after the first ledge
Nice meeting you yesterday.....after talking to you, I think I am mentally ready to jump to 35s....now just have to wait a few months to get my bank account to be ready
Old 05-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #80
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Nice meeting you yesterday.....after talking to you, I think I am mentally ready to jump to 35s....now just have to wait a few months to get my bank account to be ready
Once you get past the psychological aspect of knowing you're venturing into the point of no return, it's rather easy to do the work needed to clear 'em. As far as the ride, I can't tell the difference between these and the 285's. I only know they're there when I go full lock on turns. They rub the frame and UCA, but in spots that are very smooth, so really not too worried about it.

I'll probably eventually press some longer studs in the hubs and put some 1/4" spacers in there to help.