Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

2TRunner

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I haven't had any problems with them myself, I try to look for what I need online or in a closer store usually. I haven't really seen d-rings other places but I haven't really been looking either lol.

A hitch mounted winch would be pretty useful actually lol. Especially if you get quick cable disconnects and you can have it there when you need it and off when you don't
H.M.W. is a very excellent idea. Already see many benefits of having one.

You won't mind hooking up to this new beastly bumper for awhile will you though? Bought it with you mind (no homo, of course), no more having to to find and finagle a way to hook onto my truck for my eventual being stuck.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #22
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

- Bought 2 D-Rings and a can of flourescent orange spray paint. This is the ending result. Wanted some neon green paint, couldn't find any. Like the orange also, mesh's with the interior dash lighting and I'm a Bengals fan.

- Going to pick up a couple black D-ring isolators. Paint/Bed-line the bumper and it will be a completed project.

- Placed the spare back where it is supposed to go.

- All in all, incredibly happy with the Brute Force Rear. Truck actually looks like a truck and no longer like a janky hunk of junk I threw together. Even the ol' wife gave a few positive comments regarding the bumper.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #23

- Got the sleeve for the UCA today.

- Better and more pics of the bumper/orange d-rings.

(Thats my boy, Eli, hanging out in his dads truck)

Old 04-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! When do the UCAs and C/Os go on?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Looks good! When do the UCAs and C/Os go on?
This weekend or next.

I still need shocks and to reassemble the coilovers. Get those done and it will be a full lift set, ready to install. Reassemble COs tomorrow on lunch. Get shocks on Friday when I get paid.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #26
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
This weekend or next.

I still need shocks and to reassemble the coilovers. Get those done and it will be a full lift set, ready to install. Reassemble COs tomorrow on lunch. Get shocks on Friday when I get paid.
Nice!

What shocks are you going with for the rear?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Nice!

What shocks are you going with for the rear?
Still a bit unsure about shocks. Have several roads I could go down. SAW and ICON are both supposed to make a 5 lug specific rear shock, still have make a few calls to those places. I could also just get some billy's (cheaper/quicker) from one of the parts store around town.

Got the COs assembled on my lunch break. Took all of about 10 minutes.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #28

Brute Force Rear Plate Bumper.

(Eli hanging out in dads truck, checking out the new bumper!)

I decided to move the "TRunner" emblem from the grille to the bumper. Looks good there I think. Still need a "2".

Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #29

Free photo editing program, GIMP, very similar to photoshop. More of this type of stuff to come....build thread will never be the same . As noted earlier, I have a artsy side, was once in a graphic design program, so I'm quite excited about the chance to spiff up some pics. Little bit of playing around with some color effects and a couple of my fav pics.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #30

Mid-Travel: Installed

1 quick pic as my 1 year old boy is going nuts, I need a shower and We have a family meeting with a potential new dog.

More pics later....

Something is not right in the rear, looks bro'd out and I have the same ground to wheel well measurement in the rear post-lift as I did pre-lift.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #31
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Time for bigger tires
Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Time for bigger tires
Naw, not at the moment.

Posted this over Mid-Travel BS thread, but I'll quote it here to.

Quote:
Mid-Travel is installed. Something seems amiss....

Above is the pre measurements, the post measurements are as follows:
Front: 35 in (possibly a little high)
Rear: 34 in
Diff Clearance: 8 5/8 in.

Front went up, rear dosen't seem to have done anything.

Installed the ICON 3 leaf AAL in the rear, from looking at Shemicals old thread, my AALs look installed the same way his are. AALs on the bottom, overload removed.

Please advise...
More pics...

Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #33
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
That's odd I would think the rear would be lifted some even with the front being lifted 3". You said you took the overload out but I don't think that would have decreased the overall lift by more than the lift gained by the AAL. Is the AAL used or new?
Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #34

Quote:
That's odd I would think the rear would be lifted some even with the front being lifted 3". You said you took the overload out but I don't think that would have decreased the overall lift by more than the lift gained by the AAL. Is the AAL used or new?
New, but been sitting awhile.

Just read something about which way they are supposed to be installed, gonna go see if I jacked that up.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #35
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
New, but been sitting awhile.

Just read something about which way they are supposed to be installed, gonna go see if I jacked that up.
Hopefully whatever it is it's an easy fix.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Hopefully whatever it is it's an easy fix.
Went and checked. The D/S would be installed wrong if the longer end of the top AAL leaf is supposed to point towards the rear.

However, I measured both sides from ground to fender well and the D/S at least has a .5" of lift to it.

D/S sits at 34.5" P/S sits at 34"

Got a feeling I'll be in contact with ICON...
Old 05-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #37
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Went and checked. The D/S would be installed wrong if the longer end of the top AAL leaf is supposed to point towards the rear.

However, I measured both sides from ground to fender well and the D/S at least has a .5" of lift to it.

D/S sits at 34.5" P/S sits at 34"

Got a feeling I'll be in contact with ICON...
How much lift are you supposed to gain from the AAL? It's probably a good idea to check with ICON.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #38

Quote:
How much lift are you supposed to gain from the AAL? It's probably a good idea to check with ICON.
Supposed to be like 1.5"

Started a thread over in the ICON vendor section. Don't know how quick I'll get a response being late Saturday night, tomorrow Sunday.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #39
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Supposed to be like 1.5"

Started a thread over in the ICON vendor section. Don't know how quick I'll get a response being late Saturday night, tomorrow Sunday.
Weird. Hopefully they get back to you soon. You should call them Monday morning if they don't get back to you before then.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #40

Quote:
Weird. Hopefully they get back to you soon. You should call them Monday morning if they don't get back to you before then.
On the list.

Just trying to think of whats up, or where the issue could be, but it's a pretty straight forward set up with a rear axle truck.

The 1 AAL is backwards, but I wouldn't think it would inhibit the lift aspect, I dunno, talk to ICON about it.

Center pin nut to tight or something?

I got a plate bumper and spare back there weight wise.

Products Discussed in this Thread