Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Reeeno403's Build "Brodozer"

Old 05-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #61
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
A guy I work with did a sweet 6" "custom" body lift to his Nissan. I will put you in touch Ryan, he is a great fabricator....

Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #62
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
That's not a death trap at all
Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #63
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
there are alot of great looking trucks on here, but yours is one of the sweetest to me. thanks for sharing!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #64
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
hey ryan, whats your rear lift at??? did you end up gettig 6" with the custom shackles???
Oh lawwwdy, the ATO shackle flip was a nightmare trying to match it up with my expo packs. Thats where the Custom shackles happened. I would like to say my truck is not a 6" lift now. I am honestly not sure of the measurement at all. I should do some checking if I ever get time. I need to re work the shock mounting points somewhere down the road here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
A guy I work with did a sweet 6" "custom" body lift to his Nissan. I will put you in touch Ryan, he is a great fabricator....

I can only think how jealous Nick would be of this fabrication!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
That's not a death trap at all
Thats like full on 40oz lift style....This guy said fuck that mountain can lift bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh178 View Post
there are alot of great looking trucks on here, but yours is one of the sweetest to me. thanks for sharing!
Oh wow! Thanks for the excellent comment. There is definetly a lot of outstanding builds on this site.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #65
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

when you gonna get those leafs chromed brah
Old 05-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #66
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeeno403 View Post
Oh lawwwdy, the ATO shackle flip was a nightmare trying to match it up with my expo packs. Thats where the Custom shackles happened. I would like to say my truck is not a 6" lift now. I am honestly not sure of the measurement at all. I should do some checking if I ever get time. I need to re work the shock mounting points somewhere down the road here.
yah i switched from expo to standard now, and the fucker wasnt giving me 45 degrees on any of my config's with the freelannce fab kit

i think im going to just order an xj shackle, but the worst part is, im wanting to level out around 3 to 4"
Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #67
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
yah i switched from expo to standard now, and the fucker wasnt giving me 45 degrees on any of my config's with the freelannce fab kit

i think im going to just order an xj shackle, but the worst part is, im wanting to level out around 3 to 4"

Thats what I started looking for...didnt find any quick. Had yota chad fab me up a couple test pieces with the eye to eye on them going from 4.5-5.5-6.5"
I tried 5.5 first and got the exact angle I was pretty much looking for. Went back to Chad and told him 5.5 worked good and he had me two shackles custom built by the next day all painted with bushings. He was going to do a greasable setup but could not find any in quick time. Maybe give him a shout? @ Yotafab
Old 05-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #68
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Love this truck. Nice work man.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #69
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
You truck looks great man. I am wanting to ditch the block also and am slowly eyeing options and a shackle flip was part of what I was looking at. What was the cause of the expo leafs not working? are they shorter in length or something?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #70
IFS is the new solid axle
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Soooooo...what's been going on with big blue!? Any new updates!?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #71
Do you even wheel Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Love this truck. Nice work man.
Thanks, as always it never ends and there seems to be something that needs changing in some manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
You truck looks great man. I am wanting to ditch the block also and am slowly eyeing options and a shackle flip was part of what I was looking at. What was the cause of the expo leafs not working? are they shorter in length or something?
Yeah I think the length is what got me. Found out later that the ATO fliop is not really designed for these leafs...that is just word through the streets though. I think Kevin has a new design for the flip but also un sure of what LP it works with. Thanks for the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
Soooooo...what's been going on with big blue!? Any new updates!?
BRO BRAH BLAH BLAH.......still waiting on parts from stampede. I need the goodies they take out when the do another drop bracket install. for now the truck is a street queen. Also may need to replace front driveshaft and possibly going to need to setup the rear leafs and flip kit. Will have to see about that after I one day get the front to a functionable setup. Haha fuck. I may do urban camping though on TGS grand opening party.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #72
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Did you ever correct the issues with the steering arms ?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #73
Do you even wheel Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Did you ever correct the issues with the steering arms ?
Yeah, we got it so its functional on the street.

However using the large spindles from the drop bracket lift is not working to my expectations. Because of the taller spindle it is causing my UCA to sit at a bad angle....spindle is pushing it up to far. Theres a guy on TTORA who has done this same setup and I am not sure all what he has done or if he even has done anything to correct this issue. In theory it made sense that putting the Long Travel on the drop bracket would not be any issue......I will admit....I was wrong and does not function now as an OFFROAD truck. Its a street queen and that is all.

I am currently waiting for one of the dealers to do another drop bracket install of the same type so I can have the factory parts they remove. Then going to rebuild the front end of my truck. Wish back when I bought my truck I knew how useless a drop bracket lift is and the PITA it would be down the road.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #74
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would assume you'll have to do some addition fab on the spindle in order the drop the angle of the steering arm, the arm itself will have to be lengthened to help achieve the proper angles. Might as well go hiems on the outer and do a double sheer mount of the spindle.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #75
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #76
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
I would assume you'll have to do some addition fab on the spindle in order the drop the angle of the steering arm, the arm itself will have to be lengthened to help achieve the proper angles. Might as well go hiems on the outer and do a double sheer mount of the spindle.
He's going to remove all the DB stuff and go back to factory style with LT installed. Factory spindles with gussets too.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #77
Power Top

Well then, problem solved...

A new OEM cross member can be ordered for around $300 US bucks if can't wait long enough for a DB install takeoff's
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #78
BroBraBlahBlah

Ha....that'd be like 800 here. Or not available at all I bet.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #79
Do you even wheel Bro?

They need to ban the drop bracket lifts
Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #80
Power Top

People need to stop buying them...