LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Reeeno403's Build "Brodozer"

Old 03-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Reeeno403's Build "Brodozer"

Build it yourself and be able to drive it and wheel it with a lot more pride and confidence in your build.
I will add more as I remember and build the truck. for the most current pictures and build progress check the last page.

Current:

Suspension:
Walker Evans 2.5 LT Coil Overs
Allpro LT Kit
6" Douche bracket lift (GONE)
Walker Evans Remote Resi Shocks
Allpro Expedition leaf pack
All pro U bolt flip
ATO Shackle flip
Yotafab custom shackles
Stainless brake lines

Armor:
CBI Offroad Moab 2.0 front bumper
Allpro rear high clearance bumper
Stubbs sliders

Recovery:
TJM straps
TJM 9000lb Winch
80' Synthetic line with Viking Hawse fairlead
60" hi lift with custom mounts to bed cage

Tires/wheels:
315/70r 17LT Goodyear MTR W/Kevlar
Pro Comp 7005 Wheels

Accessories:
ARB high output compressor with hose kit
2 - Vision X Light Canons
Custom built bed cage
ARB Simpson III roof top tent
Custom shovel mounts for in bed management system
Weathertech floor mats
Diff Breather relocated to storage box in bed side
Trimmed Fenders and fender flares
Double Din JVC head unit

More Pics:

I did have the Allpro front bumper

Trail Run in Crowsnest Pass

Older...found some deep

One of my first trail runs with the truck

Follow on Instagram for the most up to date pictures ~ Reeeno403
Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
Leonel is on a distinguished road

Leonel's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Rig!
On that last picure , is that Scott doing the spotting?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I really love this truck. So nice and looking forward to the changes coming soon I really like the CBI front bumper.

Looks so good Ryan
Old 03-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
superwhite is on a distinguished road
Name: sean
superwhite's Tacoma Gallery
Thats one good looking truck! Did you notice much of a difference in articulation with the shackle flip?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Bad ass truck man! Looks like a beast!
Thanks a lot! Not many people care for the drop bracket lift but I unfortunately adopted it and am making this build around it. The truck definitely has a mean stance and look to it. Especially head on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Nice rig
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonel View Post
Nice Rig!
On that last picure , is that Scott doing the spotting?
Thanks man, I am going to say no...not Scott. Its a friend who goes by Jeff...poor guy drives an FJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
I really love this truck. So nice and looking forward to the changes coming soon I really like the CBI front bumper.

Looks so good Ryan
Thanks a lot Dave....as you know with the build progress having patience is something that takes almost as much work as doing the build haha. I said last year I wanted my front end rebuilt before summer....I have all the goodies now. Just working on getting setup with a place to do the install. If worst comes to worst I will rip it apart in my Parkade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice! The bumper is a real upgrade.
Yeah I was a fan of the Allpro bumper but quickly realized I needed a change...kinda forced the change on myself one night out drifting in the snow...whoops. Anyhow I found way too many people running the Allpro in my area and did not want to be a cookie cutter Tacoma. Excellent change for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
If I were to get a full plate bumper that CBI would be it! love the truck man
Thanks a bunch, your build is really clean looking. I'm a big fan of the blacked out look or all dark. It looks MEAN! The CBI was definitely a good purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite View Post
Thats one good looking truck! Did you notice much of a difference in articulation with the shackle flip?
Yeah....but now I think my shocks limit me. Need to test this out one day in the near future. Working on rebuilding the front end right now and paying for that. The shackle flip was a PITA to install. I underestimated the strength of the factory mount and how well it was glued to the frame. Also had a hell of a time figuring out the correct size shackle I needed to get my angle right. For some reason with the shackle flip kit and the Allpro Expedition leafs I could not use the factory shackles.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I love you truck and that bumper!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
Do you even wheel Bro?

Some of the mods

Allpro front bumper was one of my first mods. Was pretty stoked about this one as it is not a one piece and one of the reasons for buying it was the option to purchase "a part" if needed. Due to trail damage or what ever.

Well I had an unfortunate ending to a late night on the roads playing in some fresh snow. After couple of hours out drifting I had a corner that did not like me. Down a bank I went and the bumper took the brunt of the impact on the trees.

Next few days I spent trying to get Allpro to send new parts....seemed like this option would never pan out. I tried to get a friend to straighten it out....came close. After this I realized I probably wouldnt be happy if it sat crooked on the truck.

I started looking for my new front bumper and found the sweet CBI one piece.

One night I was headed out to go climbing with spoonman. As I pulled into the gas station a lady opened her door and it went into the side of my truck. Put a pretty big dent and crease into the box.....

Into the shop it went for a new bedside.

I decided to take on the black head light mod. Wasn't really fond of dealing with the glue/sealant when taking them apart. The finished product installed looked really good though.

Plasti Dipped all the badges. I think it looks much better all blacked out! Found this stuff super easy to work with.

Finally started on some real mods. I had a good buddy with some killer skills install my sliders for me.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
Do you even wheel Bro?

more mods....

Same friend tacking up the bed cage for my RTT. I had previously used Freeze's bed rack to see how I liked having the RTT on the rack but I found his was too tall for what I wanted. Lower COG with the added weight also needed to fit in the parkade with the tent on the truck. Nick had no problem solving that problem.

Lots of people seem to really like this shot. One of our trips to the Crowsnest Pass.

Tent installed on the new rack....rear bumper on its way

Hi Lift mounts getting glued on. Stoked on this location for mounting the lift. Dreamed it up and again Nick made it happen very quick and easy!

And another big impovement. Getting the rear end to actually function was a good good feeling. When I bought the truck it had the procomp lift in it. A couple days before heading out on a bigger trip to do the Whipsaw trail I noticed one of the rear shocks spat its guts out in front of The Gear Shop. So I had to order new shocks....wasnt going to install them with crappy leaf packs that were also busted. So I ordered some now leaf packs and a u-bolt flip kit as well. All to install the night before leaving. Before/After

Hahaha blocks? Really? Come on....

Yes I know it needs bumps.

Somewhere a picture or two did not get posted or taken.
The rear with a little flex from the new setup, Allpro Rear Installed and the Hilift mounted.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
Do you even wheel Bro?

some more mods

Group shot of the crew headed to Tofino. This was taken at the Hope Slide.

Out in Crowsnest Pass with a minty 4runner.....RIP 4Runner, recently taken out of commission from a drunk driver. Very thankful my our bro walked out of it untouched. $runner rolled a few times from being rear ended at high speed.

Start of no return....cutting factory shackle mounts off. Thought this would be a fast job. What a PITA. Installing the ATO shackle flip kit. Also in this shot you can see the exhaust has been cut back with the borla tip welded back on. Really like the finish this gives the exhaust.

It didnt matter what I did to the shackle flip kit mount or the shackles I could not get it to sit right. This was the worst possible setup I had it at to try and get it sitting right. I did not drive the truck during this time! With it installed the way we thought would work the shackle actually sat down against the leafs. With on going driving over bumps and flexing I knew this would also cause a problem. The shackle itself would act like a dull but very strong saw working at the leafs, then finally bang. Both leafs would break on you. After a little thinking and talking back and fourth with people. I decided I wanted to try a larger shackle to get the angle I needed. I had Chad at Yotafab make me a couple of test pieces.

The factory shackle length eye to eye I believe is 3.5" so the test parts I had him make were for 4.5/5.5 and 6.5" I tried 5.5" first with good success.

With the truck sitting on the ground I had no rake, the shackle angle looked good so I had him make me a couple custom shackles and it has not been taken apart since then!

Stock VS Not

Wheeling the staircase on TOTW @ Mclean Creek

Mr.Beggins and Myself
Old 04-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build thread Ryan!

Really sad to hear about Vic's 4runner, I'm glad he is ok
Old 04-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
IFS is the new solid axle
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome write up Ryan! I love the color of the truck. Not to many dark blues are done as nice as yours. And about to get fancier I hear
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That is a great write up Ryan and you're right that photo from Crowsnest is an awesome shot. I did not hear about what happened to Vic and I am glad to hear he is okay. Great photos of a great truck. So nice.

Products Discussed in this Thread