Notices

jakes09taco Access Cab build

Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Jakes09taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
Jakes09taco's Tacoma Gallery
jakes09taco Access Cab build

2009 Tacoma SR5 Access Cab

I bought the truck back in early December of 2012.
Truck is a 2009 Tacoma access cab with the sr5 package. It is a standard with the underpowered 2.7 i4 that i love so much. I bought the truck from the local toyota dealer with 50k on it and there certified preowned crap.

I just sold the warranty back to them for not honoring the warranty because of my lift. Had a lower alignment cam freeze and they claimed that the lift was the cause. The lift had been on for a whole three days. Oh well $1400 knocked off the loan.

How the truck sits currently.

Exterior
BHLM
removed front mudflaps
20% window tint
Smoked taillights
led reverse lights
led license plate lights
2011 trd sport honeycomb grille "color matched"

Interior
Kicker 12" solobaric in ported box
Kicker 500 watt mono amp
stock head unit running it all for now

Suspension
Front:
Camburg 1.25" uniball UCA
Bilstein 5100 with toytec coilover kit
1.25" Spidertrax wheels spacers

Rear:
OME springs with bilstein 5100
OME carrier bearing drop
toytec stainless brake lines
1.25" Spidertrax wheels spacers

Wheels and Tires
16" TRD trail team fj cruiser wheels
285 75 16 MTZ's

Performance
Magnaflow catback
Doug Thorley header

Ordered
door handles "for color matching"

Near future mods
East Coast Gear Supply
3rd and clamshell with 4.56 gear and Detroit locker in the rear.

Random Pics from the past three months of the build

how it looked when i bought it

Camburg UCA

TRD trail team wheels

Bilstein 5100 with toytec coilover kit

Spidertrax 1.25" wheels spacers

Bilstein 5100 shocks

LED reverse lights and license plate lights

285 75 16 MTZ's

rear lift installed

front lift installed

Loaded up and ready for the stealership to mount and balance and replace lower control arm bushing.

Magnaflow catback install

before and after lift

My 01 Duramax i traded in on the tacoma. I lifted it and put 35x20's on it as well as chipped and 5" straight pipe.

my 1st gen i had,

my 06 wrx before that.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Any info on the LED reverse lights? The reverse lights on my '05 suck in the rain when its dark and I really need to do something about it.

Nice looking truck. Good choice on exhaust!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck!!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN! truck looks nice man! I love those rims on that color!

Hows the 4 banger handling the tires and lift? Big loss in power, mpg's?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck
Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice truck. The rims look really good with that color.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Color-match that grill and you've got an awesome looking Tacoma!
The 2011 trd sport color matched grille will be here friday. Ill snap some picks and put them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Any info on the LED reverse lights? The reverse lights on my '05 suck in the rain when its dark and I really need to do something about it.

My reverse lights are just about the same as stock just have a clean white look now. There is a mod that uses a 886 fog light bulb that is supposed to make a difference. heres the link. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...light-mod.html

Nice looking truck. Good choice on exhaust!
Thanks i really like it, waiting to get the header on and see what that does to the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
Awesome truck!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
DAMN! truck looks nice man! I love those rims on that color!

Hows the 4 banger handling the tires and lift? Big loss in power, mpg's?

Thanks!
It does ok with the tires, as for the mpg idk havent really kept track. I'll just put it this way ill be putting a set of 4.56 in it soon as possible. It would be ok if i lived in the flat lands but i have some decent mountains to climb around my area.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
The header showed up this evening as well as the grille so i was pretty excitied to get them both on. I got started on it right away. I was actually pretty suprised at how easy the header was to put on. It pulls a little better on the hills and it also gave it a deeper less raspy exhaust note. Im pretty happy with it.

The grille before and after.

Doug Thorley header, by far one of the easiest headers i've put on. lol

Sorry for the blurry pic.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Joey Foster is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joey Foster's Tacoma Gallery
Love the look!

I love your truck! Mine looks a lot like, but its an 06. Did you have to raise it any to get those wheels and tires on it? Remeber that imitation is the highest form of respect!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Foster View Post
I love your truck! Mine looks a lot like, but its an 06. Did you have to raise it any to get those wheels and tires on it? Remeber that imitation is the highest form of respect!
Thanks, Its just has a 3" lift.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Makes me want to get a red 2nd gen in the future. One of the only red Tacoma's I've seen that I like!
Thanks, if I had it to do all over again I would have kept my 1st gen though. I liked it more. Lol
Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
Cool truck.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Got any pics of how you did your sub box? I don't have a truck yet but I'm prob gonna end up with an AC instead of DC and am lookin for new way to do a sub instead of just a rear "center console" style
Old 03-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #17
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
So jealous! I want to turn my rims black like yours, just not to sure how.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC06 View Post
Cool truck.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Nice truck! Got any pics of how you did your sub box? I don't have a truck yet but I'm prob gonna end up with an AC instead of DC and am lookin for new way to do a sub instead of just a rear "center console" style
Its just a ported box that i have sitting in the rear seat behind the drivers seat. It fits snug when i slide my seat back. Im pretty happy with it, not like anyone rides back there anyways. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus 524 View Post
So jealous! I want to turn my rims black like yours, just not to sure how.
Might check into plasti dip for the rims.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! That WRX was sexy!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #20
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes09taco View Post
Might check into plasti dip for the rims.
I was thinking that but I want something more professionally done.

Products Discussed in this Thread