Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Pepsi's Truck

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Pepsi's Truck

Hey Guys,

This is what I've got so far and I am always trying to be messing with something.

Specs-
Year: 2008
Make: Toyota
Model: Tacoma
Sub-model: Double Cab Short Bed
Package: TRD Off Road

Exterior:
09+ LED tail lights
De-Badge
SnugTop Rebel Canopy w/ modified Yakima rack
AVS Vent Visors
3M custom hood vinyl
Rotopax Fuel/Storage/Water

Interior:
2013 OEM Touch Screen
Custom Heated Leather

Engine:
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers w/ O2 sims & extensions
Borla SS Exhaust
ECGS 4.10 gears

Suspension/Wheels:
Icon 2.5 RR 650# coils
Icon 2.5 RR 11" shocks
Total Chaos Uniball UCAs
Custom Leaf pack (Tacoma + 1/2 ton Chevy)
Relentless Fab U-Bolt Flip (Stock bumps)
285/75r16 Pro Comp Xtreme A/T
Cheap crap rims

Armour/Recovery:
ARB front bumper
Hold Fast Fab Rock Sliders
Hold Fast Fab Cab Mount Chop
Warn M8000 (Amsteel Blue)
Factor55 Prolink

Lighting:
Vision X X-mitter 32" LED bar
BHLM w/ Lifetime LED bulbs
2009+ LED taillights
LED bed and canopy lighting

Security:
Viper Alarm/Remote start with tailgate lock.

Add on:
CVT Mt. Rainier
Viair dual 480 w/ 10 gal tank

Mods/Add-ons being worked on:
CB w/PA install (got bored of adding PA, I'll do it later)

Possible future mods/add-ons:
Skids
Beadlock rims
Fender guards
High clearance rear bumper
Maxtrax or tred self recovery
Airflow Snorkel
Dual Battery Tray Kit
Unichip or URD controller
Fuse/Relay Block
OEM Back-up Camera (can't figure out the wiring)
Hood Shocks
Power supply for canopy (tent lights, USB/12v plugs, water pump, whip light)
Kicker Hideaway

Day One

Current:

Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Just installed a Borla 140140 exhaust that I had to cut down to a 140160 because I have a short bed. The guy bought it and used it for 5 days and his wife made him take it off. He couldn't return it so he sold it to me.

Pics added.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good!

Wondering what those mirrors will look like installed. Keep up the good work
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Paint matching a few parts today:
Satoshi grill
2 of 4 door handles
Tail gate handle
Emblem for satoshi

I hope to have them on the truck tomorrow so I can get started working on the other 2 door handles and side view mirrors. In the mean time I am going to find some time to debadge I hope.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
Just installed my Paint match Satoshi, door handles and tailgate handle. I sanded down the line on the handles so they are completely smooth.

Looking forward to getting the other handles, side mirrors and grill emblem finished in the next few days. Also started deconstructing the rear seats to create the patterns for the leather. Sooner or later I would like to pick up some good-new condition headlights to do a BHLM.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #7
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
Just installed a Borla exhaust:

Just installed my Paint match Satoshi, door handles and tailgate handle. I sanded down the line on the handles so they are completely smooth and added mesh to the smaller outter holes in the grill: (these have been removed)

Rear seats in:
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
So I have been to busy/lazy to do updates so I am just going to do it now.

1 May: did a BHLM
(some time inbetween): Installed a 2012 touchscreen (non-entunes)
Today: picked up a paintmatched SnugTop XV

Old 08-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
MT kit has arived... Now i am just waiting for the Sept 7th Mod Meet and preping my rear leafs.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
you are worse than a kid on christmas eve. we know you aren't waiting to install that kit...
Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #13
lol Ya, I know. I got the stuff a week and a half ago and was just chomping at the bit to get it on. The long weekend was too tempting and I caved. I just got the rear leafs on thanks to you. The only thing I am missing now is the extended brake lines and the front driverside bolt that I had to cut off to get the broken leaf out (tomorrows projects) then I will post up pictures.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
Will also gave me all his old hardware that wouldn't work with his new suspension. I may have that bolt as well.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #15
I actually got a bolt along with my Extended SS brake lines at the Olympic 4x4 Supply (5 min from your house lol)
Old 09-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #16
I still need to do the brake lines but here is how it looks right now:

Old 09-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
I couldn't wait for Sat to do the brakes. It was only $50 and I needed to use the truck to pick THIS up today (and other stuff):

Which one should I go with?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
ARB. all day, im a bit bias though because that's what i plan on putting on mine..

How'd you prep the chrome before you color matched? im fixing to buy some paint to colormatch my grill?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
Oh, wow thanks for reminding me. I haven't updated since the bumper/tire change.

I did end up going with the ARB and I got some 285/75r16 Pro Comp Extreme A/T tires. I will update with pictures in a bit.

I actually bought a painted grill for $50 on CL. Then I sanded, primed, paint, and clear. I painted the door/tailgate handle and mirrors while I was at it. I got the top quality paint and it cost me about $150 for everything and I still had about half of everything left.

After the ARB install and 285 swap.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Just ordered an aFe Stage 2 CAI. Should be in in a few days. Getting closer and closer to getting the truck how I want it to be.

Now, I am mainly looking forward to:
Trimmed body mount (to accommodate 285s)
U-Bolt flip w/ timbrens
Warn Winch w/ remote
Unichip or URD controller

Products Discussed in this Thread