1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Zombie Response Vehicle

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Spencer, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Nov 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    Spencer

Spencer [OP] Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Ahhh such a shitty day.

First, someone tried breaking into my office building.
    Then, the car lift decided its maiden voyage should be a one way trip
    And the scout was stuck 2-6 feet off the ground for 5 hours while I screwed with it.
    Got that working. Rolled the scout off,
    Tried to squeeze my truck by it to get on the lift and broke the gas line going into my house.
    Then I get the gas shut off, call the gas company for an emergency repair, get my truck up on it and shred yet another fucking lug nut and had a wheel stuck on it till I could rip the stupid fucking tin cap on the stock lugs.

uploadfromtaptalk1415519324587.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415519378449.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415519572435.jpg

2. Nov 9, 2014 at 12:03 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Then, I have a celebration beer- after all, the bullshit should be over now just to swap the coils on my shocks and swap out the compression valve shims!
    Learned the hard way.
    Use a proper goddamn spring compressor don't use these terrifying little death machines.
    And if you do, COMPLETELY RELEASE THE PRELOAD ON YOUR COILS BEFORE USING THEM.
    Then I get the shocks apart to swap the shims ....
    Mind you, you can scroll back a couple pages and see these things are maybe a year and a half old with maybe 20k miles on them.
    Everything- even the oil should pass for new.
    Think king will give me a rebuild kit if I throw a bitch fit on this one?
    I really don't know how I could have fucked them up that badly. :smash:

uploadfromtaptalk1415519822260.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415519920185.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415520094486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415520106264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415520124617.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415520137636.jpg

3. Nov 11, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Very handy sheet from king. Not sure if this is available anywhere

uploadfromtaptalk1415728304867.jpg

4. Nov 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    King fucking pulled through for me! I bought the parts to repair & the guy came out ta the back and said fuck that you'll never get em clean on your own . the owner refunded it all under warranty work , cleaned & rebuilt em for me too.
    I rebuilt my rear & swapped a flat 0.15 stack in place of the flutter stack . its all back on the truck like brand new shocks I'm stoked can't wait to hit the dirt & see how this handles!

uploadfromtaptalk1415760559472.jpg

5. Nov 16, 2014 at 8:16 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    :bananadance:
    after some road testing through dips I used to bottom out hard on, the shock revalve and rebuild made a huge difference. All ready for the superstition run this year!
    Now I'm saving my pennies up to put a RTT on a bed rack, do the SUA with shock hoop relocate and get the TC stock length uniball lowers before my stock ones take a shit on me- It's a matter of time now with all this weight and smooth shock valving on... again, always taking donations.

6. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    My newest project idea. RTT on a bed rack that swings up outta my way to get to the bed. Overkill or cool idea?

uploadfromtaptalk1416462460322.jpg

7. Nov 22, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Here's what the plate heat exchanger that runs the shower heater off my heater core looks like cut in half. Kinda cool

uploadfromtaptalk1416670958090.jpg

8. Nov 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    tacodane

tacodane The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    I like the idea. Just have to make sure you have shocks or something to support the weight. Nice draft

9. Nov 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. I keep changing drafts but I can't get it outta my head I'm gonna do it. I really wish I had access to a cad program instead of graph paper, but my sketches usually materialize fairly well. Like my switch panel.

Anyways, if I were to sell a bed rack that swings up and out, would anyone be interested? If so, would you be willing to drill into your bed to support the swing arms? I've got no problem with it but I know a lot of people are

uploadfromtaptalk1416698754202.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416698761958.jpg

10. Nov 28, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    WAHOO THANKSGIVING IS OVER!
    now I can get my Christmas tree setup done again! Happy holidays my dudes.

uploadfromtaptalk1417217056104.jpg

11. Dec 5, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Please continue to stay distracted while pumping fuel, people. Your drive off service calls are funding my mods. RTT here we go

12. Dec 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Spreading the Christmas cheer in Azusa canyon. My Viair on board compressor grenaded on me too... Hooray Christmas

uploadfromtaptalk1417909801865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417909816904.jpg

13. Dec 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    What compressor was it? Model number.?

14. Dec 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    I THINK.
    it's this one.
    http://www.viaircorp.com/400C.html

I knew I was gonna kill it with my big tires. still stupid cause it's only two years old or so. I think the straw that broke it's back was having to delete my air tank for some reason that is escaping me at the moment. Been running without my tank for a while now.

I'm gonna see if that hellish place some call 4 W P will take it as a return. I refuse to even type their whole name out because this site will hyperlink them and I will have contributed to their business.

It's a trip man it seriously exploded I'll post some pics of it when I get back home to my truck this week. The motor section broke away from the compressor section and ... well it exploded. Carnage pics to follow. Knew I shoulda just went with ARB in the first place. Really shoulda went with something 100% duty.
    I think I'll get the arb CKMA12 and when I swing my pimp hand hard enough around 4 W P I'll get a replacement for this and manifold them together with a proper air tank. That'l save either unit from overworking the 33% duty and give me a real 100% duty air source.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  15. Dec 9, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    FYI, home Depot sells them too. Returns are great with them. ...

16. Dec 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    I mean seriously it exploded. On the phone with 4 w p now pretty sure they'll screw me on a replacement

uploadfromtaptalk1418169158883.jpg

17. Dec 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Well 4 w p won't help me, nor will the manufacturer.
    But, hindsight is 20/20.
    This failure was entirely my fault. While fabbing up the mount, I had moved two of the screws that hold the piston housing to the motor opposite their original sides, causing the housing to be connected by only half the screws. It's a wonder it made it two years like this honestly. Bah. Guess its time for the 100% duty... Hurry up Santa

18. Dec 9, 2014 at 5:18 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Doing some much needed electrical reworking.
    If you thought my under hood and bed lights were cool, just know you get what you pay for. I soldered up a set of my own using waterproof led strips which were badass for a while, but they really do not like heat, sunlight or dust, which is unavoidable on a rig. They were getting too dim to even use, the plastic was cloudy and brown, and somehow the LEDs inside were rusting. They snapped off in shards when I ripped em off... Here's a new roll next to my set that wasn't even a year old under the hood. KC cyclones on their way to replace these. Do it right the first time.

uploadfromtaptalk1418174282005.jpg

19. Dec 9, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    tacodane

tacodane The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    Those look to be 3528 LEDs. Why not 5050. I do know you get twice the amount of 3528 per meter than the 5050's.

20. Dec 9, 2014 at 9:58 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    If I'm not mistaken they're the 5050- 600 per meter not 300.
    I made sure to get the ones with more when I bought em. Now whether they shipped me the wrong ones and I never noticed is another story. Regardless, they're crap. They look badass for a couple months but cooking in that engine bay and on the edge of my bed rails made em super dim and shattered when I peeled em off. I won't ever do this again for this application. Something indoors, cool and out of sunlight, sure. But learned my lesson here.

Edit:
    I should also remind anyone that i got these reels off eBay for like five bucks. So if you're handy with a solder iron and don't mind redoing the whole setup every 6 months for a pretty awesome result, go for it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top