Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Zombie Response Vehicle

Old 03-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #21
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post

Okay THAT is pretty sweet and with the whole Tron them I have goin I think I may need to get one but with orange lights
you should! I figured to keep that OEM look to my truck I could either go with the orange LED look from the dash or pick the white led look- so I went with the white- my Flyzeye thing has the stock orange front led's and white lights-

that being said,
I apparently put john through hell wiring this panel to his sPOD cause these sexy switches came from eBay & he had to wire them himself.
But
they do make the switches i got in almost any color...
I'd call & ask if he'll do the same setup for ya now that he's got all the measurements.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #22
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Newest add today:
Viar air compressor!
Mounting the tank has been a pain in the ass!

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364203268.132861.jpg
Fabricated this doodad up so that the compressor sits nice and level & purrdy on the passenger side where those three random studs are.

I'm proud of myself on this one. It sits securely & level
But
I found out the hard way what happens when you pull a new Metric style truck into my garage...

The garage is stocked to the hilt with years on years of hardware and shit to fabricate repair and build two generations worth of jeeps, a scout and four other fords we've owned.

Turns out there was ONE metric nut I found that had rolled under a shelf full of a thousand other American style hardware. Still looking for two more...
Anyways
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364203785.068225.jpg
It goes there.
I'll post more pics later when I'm actually done.

Side note
Thank god for my sPOD.
This install is CLEAN!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #23
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
I hate getting off work late.

Er
My Neighbors hate that cause I end up working on my truck till 1 am.

Got the tank mounted and ran the output side of the air line. Keeping a pretty good winning streak of clean installs if I don't say so myself

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364288143.255116.jpg
Awful pic. Ill do a separate detailed write up on this later & put better pics here.

Anyone know how I can find the temperature ratings on the OEM wire harnesses/ parts? This compressor- like all- gets hotter than the devils asscrack & melted the coating of at least one thick ground wire on the last truck it was mounted on... The place I have it now is pretty close to the wires.
Or
Does anyone have a suggestion of how to shield wires or hoses from melting from the heat of a hot steel air hose?
Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #24
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Alright finished up the on board air
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375247.052930.jpg
Tank is under the drivers side with a pressure cutoff switch that must be wired in the circuit of the power switch.
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375566.402207.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375584.202214.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375785.302066.jpg
So I popped these off, drilled a hole, set a rubber grommet and popped off the factory grommet below it on the frame
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375413.853316.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375433.252647.jpg

This second photo is the underside of that hole. This is a great place to run wires into the cab, as there's great places to zip tie wires etc to along the frame around here-
avoid drilling into your body!

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375843.509492.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375870.169050.jpg
And the system cuts the relay off at 110 psi and it's all holding steady!
I can actually just Leave the compressor switch on all the time and it won't come on until I use it... But I won't. Either way makes it idiot proof and fail safe.

If you install on board air,
GET GOOD HOSE CLAMPS.
I had some piece of shit china made hose clamps that made the air system leak like a sieve when I first turned it on. All four connections were leaking so I trashed the dinky little ones & put bigger ones stamped made in USA and bam. It'll hold forever.

I used 3/8" hose and found some nifty places to run it inside the frame under the engine.
if anyone's interested ill crawl back under and take pics & share my secrets
Attached Thumbnails
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364375611.236311.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Clever bro!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #26
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm bored. I think I'll get it tinted when I'm off work tomorrow.
Found a couple of great groupons for it.

Also
If you're ever in need of car parts, auto work, tint or stereo parts,
Get comfortable with Holt blvd in Pomona Ontario area west of Euclid street. Haggle for cash & DO NOT settle for the first place you stop at. Go to two and when you come back, you'll get stuff done for so damn cheap. They're desperate for cash.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #27
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
If you're in socal
Go to Steve's auto tint in upland.
Not the cheapest, but I've had four cars done here and they're fantastic. Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364593341.581257.jpg
More pics to follow.
Damn I'm getting impatient with this build I'm gonna be flat broke soon DAMN YOU TACOMAWORLD
Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #29
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Okay got the CB antenna hood mounts done!

One side will be for cb, the other for short wave ham radio, the other will be CB.
The CB will come first, HAM pending getting my certification for shortwave comm.
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364700726.959654.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364700737.225107.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364700745.858607.jpg

Also I have a short antenna
But I realized there's no use in getting a leetle antenna right next to two other giant cb/ ham antennas.
Anyone want it? Just pay for shipping or gimme a beer & ill be over !
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #31
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Spencer, love the build so far, especially from one Zombie guy to the next...not to mention, I was BORN AND RAISED in Upland! I still visit all the time.

Keep up the good work, and if the outbreak ever happens, I know I got a friend in the 909.
Thanks!
I can't help myself on this build. I have so much I need to do to make it outbreak ready. If you need a buddy to go abuse our tacos with just let me know- i seriously need to make friends that actually know what they're doing outdoors and offroads. Most of my friends own civics and the like. :/
Old 03-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #32
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
And next up this month is a roof basket fabbed up by Pelfriebuilt that'll house my 9" HID's
(And secure cargo for cross continent travel when the outbreak happens)

I went with these 9" HID's cause
While yes, they're cheap china made bs,
They work GREAT and they're again, cheap. The 400$ hella or similar hid will break just as easily given a good rock or shady thief, while mine can be replaced with 75 bucks and some digging around.
I heard they're not very waterproof, so I opened the cases up and siliconed every seam inside & resealed them.
This roof rack is gonna set me back a bit, so my next badass mod is gonna be a while after this.
And my student loans are coming due in a few months...
Anyone wanna donate to my cause?
I take PayPal, Beer or food.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #36
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on Steve's Tint in Upland on Foothill! I have had 6 vehicles dome there and will have a 7th pretty soon. Cheapest package is around $199 and goes up to $399+ which is outrageous compared to other shops, but that place is LEGIT and your tint will never fade, peel, or bubble. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also OP, I live right here in Pomona area and do electrical installs for many local members. If your ever in need of assistance for your wiring feel free to hit me up anytime. Check the link in my Sig for more details. I'll be updating my install thread shortly with 4 installs I did this weekend on members' trucks.

Good job so far
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #37
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Well since Swanks did it...I have a total of 12 zombie decals on my truck.

Such a badass truck
Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #39
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Ha! Looks like I'm gonna have to join in on the zombie decals soon!
Ebay! I also snatched up these