Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Zombie Response Vehicle

Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #43
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Nah but it does tell me dirty jokes. Lol. Hope I don't have to return it, but I'm thinking it'll be too big to fit concealed in the centre console.

Tonight, silicone sealing up my HID's till my roof rack gets here. Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364873674.674590.jpg
Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #44
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
X2 on Steve's Tint in Upland on Foothill! I have had 6 vehicles dome there and will have a 7th pretty soon. Cheapest package is around $199 and goes up to $399+ which is outrageous compared to other shops, but that place is LEGIT and your tint will never fade, peel, or bubble. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also OP, I live right here in Pomona area and do electrical installs for many local members. If your ever in need of assistance for your wiring feel free to hit me up anytime. Check the link in my Sig for more details. I'll be updating my install thread shortly with 4 installs I did this weekend on members' trucks.

Good job so far
Hey I'm gonna actually take you up on the offer.
I'm getting this roof rack built by brute force (I apologise for the sketch but you get the point)
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364926703.459934.jpg

But that means wiring five of these 55w HID's
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364926758.471390.jpg
With three 20" LED bars from the roof down into the engine bay to my SPOD.

Am I really gonna have to run sixteen wires? Where should I run them?
Any ideas?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #45
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting waiting waiting on my Cobra CB & antenna to show up...

And
Billy from brute force fab is making my roof rack instead of Pelfriebuilt.
It'll house five 9" 55w HID's up front
And seven 6" led bars- two on the left/ right and three on the back.

There's not even gonna be shadows left.
Why?
Because I can.

But till it all shows up and gets fabricated... I think I'll go find some trails around.
Anyone know of something else like Cleghorn off the 15? Been there too much I need a change of scenery
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #47
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #48
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Umm..

Well shit.

This bastard is near as big as a VCR.

Won't fit the centre console...

Uhmmm

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365476823.336783.jpgZombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365476850.119810.jpg

Now
What...

Can anyone tell me what's behind here?
I need a depth of 9" total so if there's four or five more behind this

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365476913.051897.jpg
I can mount it here
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365476941.735773.jpg
Super clean.

But I don't have the eight hours it'll take me to investigate this properly.

Help!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #49
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Not enough room to mount that CB. I tried to mount the control box for my kenwood through there. Its 5 inches by 1.5 and it wouldn't fit, even after cutting off excess plastic from the vents for the heating ducts. I see a lot of people mounting them down alond side the center console. Have you considered mounting it inside the glove box?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #50
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

You weren't in the Chino area this weekend were? I don't see many, if any, new Tacoma's with the the hood hinge CB antenna mount and a firestick antenna. Think I drove past you on Chino Hills Parkway.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #51
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRunner View Post
Not enough room to mount that CB. I tried to mount the control box for my kenwood through there. Its 5 inches by 1.5 and it wouldn't fit, even after cutting off excess plastic from the vents for the heating ducts. I see a lot of people mounting them down alond side the center console. Have you considered mounting it inside the glove box?

Oh balls.

I was debating putting it in the glove box, but ehh.... I guess it'd be no different than hiding it in the center console huh.
Mounting it on the side doesnt seem like a bad plan either.

wheels are spinning in my head I'll figure somethin out. I cant make this my first ugly install...

SIDE NOTE
if you use the hood antenna mounts, get a 90 fitting (which may not work either) and the slimmest cable you can. I had to cut the shit outta my plastic to allow the cable and mounting hardware to swing down. worth it, but not doing that again...

that being said, if anyone wants the left side hood mount, let me know! I'm gonna just put that whole ham radio plan to rest on this rig.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #52
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You weren't in the Chino area this weekend were? I don't see many, if any, new Tacoma's with the the hood hinge CB antenna mount and a firestick antenna. Think I drove past you on Chino Hills Parkway.
haha finally my mods are starting to get noticeable gonna be a whole lot easier to spot me once this rack is done too.

but yeah that was me! my parents got divorced and now I go between upland and chino hills regularly.

know of any local places to mess around on besides cleghorn and the hills around here?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #53
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
I have that same CB.....I mounted it on the passenger side of the center counsole about where your knees are....I wish i bought a different model. I wanted the weather stations. The guy at the CB shop said that they are also finicky and will give you an antenna warning when you don't really have one. I also used the same stick as you. I just switched to a little will stuck on the top of my cab.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #54
Rock magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
haha finally my mods are starting to get noticeable gonna be a whole lot easier to spot me once this rack is done too.

but yeah that was me! my parents got divorced and now I go between upland and chino hills regularly.

know of any local places to mess around on besides cleghorn and the hills around here?
Didn't connect until I saw the picture in here. I live minutes from where I saw you at the weekend. Tons of trails in Big Bear, some are easy and some require lift, larger tires, armor and sliders. All depends on how hard you want to play. Mojave is another great place. Santiago peak in Orange County is an easy day of running trails among the mountains. I was thinking of hitting clarks grade on Sunday. I've never ran it, but a few of my friends say its a fun trail.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #55
Rock magnet

If you want to keep the install clean, you might want to sell that radio and go with the Cobra 75wxst, or just go ham and only use it for wheeling until you get your tech license. I haven't taken the test yet, so I only use mine on the trails or in the event of an emergency.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #56
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
I have that same CB.....I mounted it on the passenger side of the center counsole about where your knees are....I wish i bought a different model. I wanted the weather stations. The guy at the CB shop said that they are also finicky and will give you an antenna warning when you don't really have one. I also used the same stick as you. I just switched to a little will stuck on the top of my cab.
same model? This one says it does the weather channel stations & will turn on if there's a severe weather alert around me- one of the main reasons I got the thing anyways.

got any pics of that mount on the passenger side? I'd love to put it there but I wanna see what it looks like first.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #57
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Waiting waiting waiting on my Cobra CB & antenna to show up...

And
Billy from brute force fab is making my roof rack instead of Pelfriebuilt.
It'll house five 9" 55w HID's up front
And seven 6" led bars- two on the left/ right and three on the back.

There's not even gonna be shadows left.
Why?
Because I can.

But till it all shows up and gets fabricated... I think I'll go find some trails around.
Anyone know of something else like Cleghorn off the 15? Been there too much I need a change of scenery
Holy lights
Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #58
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't connect until I saw the picture in here. I live minutes from where I saw you at the weekend. Tons of trails in Big Bear, some are easy and some require lift, larger tires, armor and sliders. All depends on how hard you want to play. Mojave is another great place. Santiago peak in Orange County is an easy day of running trails among the mountains. I was thinking of hitting clarks grade on Sunday. I've never ran it, but a few of my friends say its a fun trail.
sweet! same. I'm up at the top of the hill by crossroads park
er
veterans...?

anyways
want some company? I've been itchin to get out.
where is that anyways?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #60
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
same model? This one says it does the weather channel stations & will turn on if there's a severe weather alert around me- one of the main reasons I got the thing anyways.

got any pics of that mount on the passenger side? I'd love to put it there but I wanna see what it looks like first.
I'll take some today....it really is kind of a hack job I did..I just kind of stuck it there....it's so big theres no place to put it. I do like it...I just wish it were smaller.