Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Zombie Response Vehicle

Old 03-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Zombie Response Vehicle

So I've drooled over tacomas since I learned how to drive. Always bought m own cars, so this meant I was rolling around in POS Chevy & fords..
But two months ago, I graduated with a bachelors and said F it. Done starving & playing WHERE'S THE OIL LEAKING FROM THIS TIME

and bought my other girlfriend
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363241095.487521.jpg
2013 4x4 double cab. Told the dealer if I won't buy a truck with those blanks where a switch for something shoulda been, but settled to live without seat heaters.
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363242177.953580.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363242204.937868.jpg

A week later I caught the bug from you bastards and now I can't stop installing shit.
Without further ado,
My slow but steady build

INSTALLED---
tailgate lock
Redline hood struts
Flyzeye LED lighting
Pics to follow-

SITTING IN MY GARAGE FLOOR ---
Five 9 inch HID's - three spot, two floods. Damn bright too! Nowhere to mount just yet

One Custom built sPOD system!
Here's a teaser- he just finished it tonight & hasn't shipped it yet
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363241769.637559.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363241784.476694.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363241802.240417.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363241859.909084.jpg

STILL TO COME--
Gonna fab a roof rack to hold the lights

Undecided Lift.... No idea where to start guys please drop your opinions and advice on this...
Plate front bumper with winch
Dual battery setup
ARB dual air compressor
Rear bumper with spare wheel mount
Roof rack tent
Bed LED's
Under hood LED's
Rigid LED bars
CB radio
Supercharger
Skid plates
Rock bars

Wish me luck!
(And good credit)
Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd, for a lift i'd read here. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 03-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363263265.706471.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363263278.245286.jpg
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363263292.512041.jpg
The lights I got sat em on the roof to get an idea what they'd look like
They take up the entire roof!

If you're interested in them, ed at outlaw LED's is selling his last ten for about a hundred bucks. Look him up or ask & ill give you his contact info- they're not on his website he's just got em sitting in his shop.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
tacodevil is on a distinguished road
Name: bryan
tacodevil's Tacoma Gallery
looking good so far
Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man, this truck is amazing. I like that switch panel
Old 03-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
So I've drooled over tacomas since I learned how to drive. Always bought m own cars, so this meant I was rolling around in POS Chevy & fords..
But two months ago, I graduated with a bachelors and said F it. Done starving & playing WHERE'S THE OIL LEAKING FROM THIS TIME

and bought my other girlfriend
Attachment 201013
2013 4x4 double cab. Told the dealer if I won't buy a truck with those blanks where a switch for something shoulda been, but settled to live without seat heaters.
Attachment 201018
Attachment 201019

A week later I caught the bug from you bastards and now I can't stop installing shit.
Without further ado,
My slow but steady build

INSTALLED---
tailgate lock
Redline hood struts
Flyzeye LED lighting
Pics to follow-

SITTING IN MY GARAGE FLOOR ---
Five 9 inch HID's - three spot, two floods. Damn bright too! Nowhere to mount just yet

One Custom built sPOD system!
Here's a teaser- he just finished it tonight & hasn't shipped it yet
Attachment 201014
Attachment 201015
Attachment 201016
Attachment 201017

STILL TO COME--
Gonna fab a roof rack to hold the lights

Undecided Lift.... No idea where to start guys please drop your opinions and advice on this...
Plate front bumper with winch
Dual battery setup
ARB dual air compressor
Rear bumper with spare wheel mount
Roof rack tent
Bed LED's
Under hood LED's
Rigid LED bars
CB radio
Supercharger
Skid plates
Rock bars

Wish me luck!
(And good credit)
You forgot to add tire upgrade!
Nice truck man!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #8

X the rugged fails.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
X the rugged fails.
This was my first mod. You'll be pleasantly suprised. On road and off...they are awful.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
This was my first mod. You'll be pleasantly suprised. On road and off...they are awful.

Lol what's
X the rugged fails
Even mean? 0.o

If I'm pleasantly surprised why would they be awful?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #11
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on a very smart purchase funny you mention not wanting to strarve and all since youll go right back to that when you begin the heavy modding ill be staying tuned to see what becomes of this zombie response vehicle
Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #12
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
More pics to come, but here's my super clean sPOD install! I love it! And it only took me about two hours.

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363441691.159252.jpg
Got it in the mail
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363441715.835620.jpg
John made me this switch from scratch! Way cleaner than those rocker switches, plus I only have two blanks where the seat heaters are supposed to go- didn't want to cut a big ass hole in my dash for four ugly switches.

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363441818.519823.jpg
when working on a three month old 30k truck,
MEASURE FOUR TIMES
CUT ONCE
not like I did.
I only measured three times and it hit my gear shifter hardware when I set it in.
Luckily I had the foresight to make this hole as small as possible first and left room for error. I measured three times, cut five times little by little.
Eh.
Not too shabby I say
Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363441987.085503.jpg

Zombie Response Vehicle-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363441998.719059.jpg

THEY LIGHT UP WHEN TURNED ON HOW COOL IS THAT SHIT

now
I need things to wire in. Bad. Roof rack here I come

Anyone got advice on using a wire feed welder? I'm okay with my stick one but never used the other.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #14

Whats the pod?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Lol what's
X the rugged fails
Even mean? 0.o

If I'm pleasantly surprised why would they be awful?
Ger rid of the rugged trails.they are horrible.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
Ger rid of the rugged trails.they are horrible.
This is the pod
http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/52.htm

Just a relay panel that comes with a switch setup that you run in the cab- otherwise, you're running a new wire run into the cab & trying to find a new spot for it to mount each time.

& I'm still lost dude what

is a rugged trails,

Why is it bad
And how do I get rid of it?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #17
opy5656 is on a distinguished road

opy5656's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd to follow a fellow response vehicle
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #18
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is the pod
http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/52.htm

Just a relay panel that comes with a switch setup that you run in the cab- otherwise, you're running a new wire run into the cab & trying to find a new spot for it to mount each time.

& I'm still lost dude what

is a rugged trails,

Why is it bad
And how do I get rid of it?
BF Goodrich Rugged Trails T/A. The tires you have.

Matt
Old 03-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
OH!
really you don't like em? They haven't let me down at all long as I don't have them over inflated - they say they need 30 psi max

I've had em wrap around rocks when I crawled over them pretty damn well. And I had to haul about a thousand pounds up a fire road the other day & they handled great for me.
Why don't ya like em?
& what should I go from here?

I have noticed they rub a bit without a lift ...
Old 03-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #20
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OH!
really you don't like em? They haven't let me down at all long as I don't have them over inflated - they say they need 30 psi max

I've had em wrap around rocks when I crawled over them pretty damn well. And I had to haul about a thousand pounds up a fire road the other day & they handled great for me.
Why don't ya like em?
& what should I go from here?

I have noticed they rub a bit without a lift ...
alot of guys don't like the rugged trails, they seem to wear pretty fast, and the traction can be improved.

there are a bunch of threads in the wheels and tires sub forum, reading through the threads might help you pick your next set.