Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Show your dipped taco parts

Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
kodybrody is on a distinguished road
Name: Kody
kodybrody's Tacoma Gallery
Show your dipped taco parts

Hey I want to see what everyone is doing with Plastidip. I've got my stock rims, grill and badges dipped. Just wanting to see whats out there.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
How do you take the badges off and back on again? I am interested in doing it.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
This will help ya

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...tallation.html
Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You dont need to with plasti dip. But if you do use a hair dryer and fishing line then reapply them with 3m double sided tape
Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodybrody View Post
Hey I want to see what everyone is doing with Plastidip. I've got my stock rims, grill and badges dipped. Just wanting to see whats out there.
This guys got you beat http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...lame-away.html

Alot of people do their front valance as well as what you have already done
Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
Quote:

No i didnt. heres a pictures of what i did. Also go check out dipyourcar.com. they will walk you through all that is needed to know about plastidip.

My truck badge before, during, after:
Old 03-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Looks good everyone. Here's a little pressure washing. No lift, no discoloration. I love the stuff.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks!
You're Welcome!

Quote:
No i didnt. heres a pictures of what i did. Also go check out dipyourcar.com. they will walk you through all that is needed to know about plastidip.

That looks nice!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What color is that?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
You're Welcome!

That looks nice!

Thanks. It was my first time using the stuff and it was simple. There were a few spots inside the 'O' for instance that didn't peel well. In a case like that just start over!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There is a whole thread dedicated to plastiderp already.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEP View Post
What color is that?
That is the matte black. It doesn't really look black in the picture though.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
There is a whole thread dedicated to plastiderp already.

And?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #16
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is the matte black. It doesn't really look black in the picture though.
That's what was throwing me off, it looks grey.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How did you keep the plastidip of your paint in the O and A?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEP View Post
That's what was throwing me off, it looks grey.
Sunlight was hitting it just right.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
How did you keep the plastidip of your paint in the O and A?

You just spray the whole thing. i gave my badges 5 coats. after it is completly dry, use a tooth pick to peel an edge inside the 'O'' and 'A'. ive found you have to go a little light in these spots with the dip. if you go to heavy the dip will bond to the door and the badge and the gap between the two will not "self-cut" the way it is supposed to.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And?

Just pointing out the obvious is all.