Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

dually's Simple&Clean Build

Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
dually's Simple&Clean Build

Current Mods:

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100s set @ 0
OME 885x Coils
Toytec AAL
Firestone Helper Bags

Wheels and Tires:
Konig Six Shooters in Matte Bronze 17x9 0mm offset
Dick Cepek Crushers 285/70-17
Muteki Purple Lugs

Exterior:
BHLM w/ Morimoto D2S Retrofit 5000k HIDs, Color matched shrouds
DeBadge
Satoshi Grill w/ 3M DiNoc wrapped dish and FJ 'Toyota' emblem
LED corner bulbs
Foglight Anytime Mod
Yellow vinyl wrapped fogs
Tint 10% rear, 35% front
Tonneau cover
Yakima bed rail system
-54'' tracks
-(2) Frontloader bike carriers
-Loadwarrior

Interior:
LED gauge cluster swap (White)
Scangauge II mounted on steering column
LED dome lights (White)
Weathertech floor mats
Alpine Headunit

Performance:
Homebuilt 'TCAI' clone
Dynomax muffler, dumped after axle

I purchased this 05 DCLB SR5 in January of 2012 with 86k on the clock. It had a Rough Country spacer and block lift, Firestone helper bags, Ultra Drifter wheels and a Tonneau cover.

It also had hideous running boards that came off as soon as I pulled it off the lot and broken window visors. It was debadged that day too.

Here is after I cleaned it up the day I bought it:

I went a few days and found a set of insurance take-off Dick Cepek 285/70-17s for $350 mounted and balanced. Couldnt pass it up!

I put on a few more miles and the CEL came on.... good thing the dealership is awesome and the repair up!

At some point the BHLM was done, HIDs were added. The Rough Country lift was scrapped for 5100s, OME 885s and Toytec AALs!

I wrecked a motorcycle

So I built a satoshi

A quick photoshoot I did around May of 2012

Loaded up for Sturgis 2012

Doubles as a dirtybike hauler

Big & Little

Bought a set of Konig Six Shooters in matte bronze around November 2012

Taken 13Mar13, when I finished my bed rack

Will update with modlist and current pics!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Mod & Maintenance Log

20Jan12
-Purchased
-Removed running boards
-Removed window deflectors
-Debadge
25Jan12
-Front windows tinted to 15%
26Jan12
-Weathertech floormats
-PDR work @ Profinish
27Jan12
-285/70-17 Dick Cepek Crushers installed
-Fixed fan tick
-Installed cabin filter
31Jan12
-Installed Alpine HU
-Wrapped dash kit in DiNoc
3Feb12
-Warranty repair work done @ Theel
5Feb12
-BHLM
7Feb12
-Installed 5000k DDM HID kit
12Feb12
-Oil change (Mobil 1 5w-30 syn)
-NAPA Gold filter
-NGK Iridium plugs
86881mi
17Feb12
-New serpentine belt
23Mar12
-Toytec AAL
-Rear Bilstein 5100s
87664mi
1Apr12
-Installed OME 885 coils
-Installed front 5100s
12Apr12
-Alignment
25Apr12
-Installed foglight tint
29Apr12
-Installed interior LEDs, reverse light and license plate
1May12
-Installed Satoshi
7Jul12
-Oil change (Mobil 1 52-30syn)
-OEM filter
89561mi
26Jul12
-Front windows tinted to 35%
9Oct12
-Recall 90L
13Oct12
-Installed new battery, NAPA P/N 8434R
30Oct12
-Konig Six Shooters
-Muteki Lugs
16Nov12
-Oil change (Mobil 1 5w-30syn)
-Cleaned TB and MAF
-Seafoam
92589mi
26Dec12
-Brake fluid flush
-Painted calipers and drums (black)
93395mi
20Jan13
-LED cluster swap (white)
21Jan13
-Foglight anytime mod
25Jan13
-Alignment, ABS light diagnose
94000mi
19Feb13
-Morimoto retrofit completed
13Mar13
-Installed custom built 'TCAI'
-Installed Yakima bed rack
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Will the Thrill
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Was this for me?! LOL

Looks good man!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Figured it was time!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Dig the dark blue trucks big time. Great truck to look at.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
I originally bought my truck with a 2" block in the rear and leveling bags (ones mounted in front of axle). I quickly changed out the block for a AAL. All was good.. now fast forward about a year..

A month ago I started getting a creak and feeling of axle wrap like the stock leafs are notorious for.

Well this morning I headed out to the junkyard and found some good leafs off of a 1996 Chevy 1/2ton 4x4. They are three leafs and a overload. Picked them up for $47.25 with tax and I grabbed a 6leaf spring for good measure as well. They were 2.5" wide and 1/4" thick so they looked like they would work.

I bought them home and cleaned them up and decided I was gonna use two leafs on either side. I backed my truck in and got to work... I pulled my leveling bags out, but took measurements with them @ 50psi and deflated (i'll post those measurements). About 8hrs later I had my hybrid packs installed back on the truck.

I used:
Main Toyota
Smaller Chevy (out of the 3leaf pack)
Longer Chevy (out of the 3leaf pack cut to 36.5" total length)
AAL (I kept it at its original length, with the long side to the rear)

My measurements before:
Driver (bags @ 50): 40 3/4"
Pass (bags @ 50): 41"
Driver (bags deflated): 39 3/4"
Pass (bags deflated): 40"

The completed pack was the same thickness as my non TSB pack with AAL and overload (1 3/4")

After measurements:
Driver: 41 5/8"
Pass: 41 7/8"

I it rides great, plush and smooth but firm enough to not blow through the stroke.

Here are the pics I did take:

DROOOOP

Anyway, I'm $60 dollars into it and a day of my life.. right now, can't say it was a loss!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #8
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
want to sell the 2WD turbo? or trade i got toys....
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #9
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone155 View Post
want to sell the 2WD turbo? or trade i got toys....
Its for sale actually $5750. Full explanation here:
http://www.bismanonline.com/1998_turbo_tacoma
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

trade for 08 zx6r? i give me a min and i can post a pic.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #11

Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone155 View Post
trade for 08 zx6r? i give me a min and i can post a pic.
No, not interested in a bike, unless its a triumph or ducati. Cash only at this point.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
wrecked the motorcycle...so i made the satoshi haha looking good man!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #14

Damn, sounds good man. You got a build thread on that one?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #15
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I see that you have OME coils and use the 5100s. Why did you do this instead of using the OME struts and shocks?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
I got a good deal on both, the 5100s and 885s I couldn't pass up
Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I see. Was thinking about doing the same. Just wanted to know if there was a ride difference between the two
Old 03-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't ride bad. Stiffened up the ride but still a very exceptional riding and driving experience
Old 01-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #19
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
I've been 'deployed' as the army calls it to Virginia/DC area since May last year. Only a few months left and I'll be back to install the parts I've accumulated since being away.

URD MAF Calibrator
AEM Uego Wideband
Lotek gauge pod
LCA bushings
Light Racing UCAs
Toytec top plate spacers
SKS locks for yakima system
K&N Hydrophobic sock
CSX3 Squash freshener

With plans to build a swing gate, tire carrier/plate rear bumper equipped with Rigid lights and a plate front bumper. Just have to pick out a new 220v Mig!