Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

tennisbum132's "Black Devil" 2013 DCLB 4x4

Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
tennisbum132 has a spectacular aura abouttennisbum132 has a spectacular aura about
tennisbum132's Tacoma Gallery
tennisbum132's "Black Devil" 2013 DCLB 4x4

First post on TW after reading the forums for the past two weeks! What a great resource for all things Tacoma! I picked up my new Tacoma three weeks ago to the day and have been putting together a plan of attack for my build ever since. A little about my driving habits...I put a lot of street miles on my vehicles so I will more than likely keep stock ride height for mileage purposes. However, I fish, camp and make trips to the beach often so upgrades to tires/wheels, bumper guards, seat covers, floor mats, and lighting are in the future!

So, I had better post a few pictures now before I start changing things or there will never be a good starting point reference! For your consideration, my Black 2013 Tacoma DCLB 4x4 dubbed "Black Devil".

The day I picked her up at Autonation Toyota Gulf Freeway, great dealership with great employees btw!

Later that week after a wash and wax with Original Spirits!

It may not look much like a Black Devil now, but give it time! Thanks for looking and stay tuned for updates!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
purty truck
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Muey sexy truck
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
tennisbum132 has a spectacular aura abouttennisbum132 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys, couldn't be happier with the truck so far and I'm sure that isn't going to change anytime soon!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #7
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
This is the exact 2nd gen that I want some day! Love the way a long bed looks lifted, Looking forward to the build...
Old 03-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
Thanks y'all, I can't wait to post some pics once I get the upgrades going on. I just put in an order to csjumper2003 for a full set of LEDs to replace all the stock incandescent bulbs and am looking to have them in this weekend sometime along with the anytime fog mod. (Starting small and working my way up)

As far as the long bed goes, I was all about the short bed in the beginning, but I decided when purchasing that I wanted the truck for the functionality since I do lots of camping/fishing/outdoor activities that require a lot of cargo space... However, it has really grown on me and now I wouldn't have anything else! Just deciding whether to go with a shell or a lid is going to be the hard thing now...opinions?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
CSJUMPER2003's LEDs, THEY'RE GGGRRREEEAAATTT!!!

Ok guys, I have been a little busy with work but I did have a chance to replace all stock bulbs with LEDs over the past weekend. After installing and driving with them for a week I have to say that csjumper2003 has a really great product and excellent service to boot! Here are a few before and after install pics for your viewing pleasure! If you're on the fence about purchasing LEDs, just get in touch with Chris, you'll be much happier with the output and it reduces drain on your battery/alternator.

Interior:
Dome Light and Map Lights Before:

Dome Light and Map Lights After White LED:

Dome Light Comparison at Install:

Shift Indicator before:

Shift Indicator after White LED:

Rear Exterior:

Reverse Lights before(daytime/nighttime):

Reverse Lights after White 800 Lumen Projector Style:

Reverse Lights Nightime Output Off/On:

License Plate Lights before:

License Plate Lights after White LED:

Front Exterior:

DTRL Lights on (day/night):

DTRL & Parking Lights after White/Amber DTRL & White 600 Lumen Projector Parking LEDs (day/night):

*Night pic does not have headlights on

Comparison of White DTRL/Parking to stock headlight temperature:

*Will update with a few more pics and videos of turns/DTRL output at night a little later on.

Hope y'all approve so far, much more to come and I hope to be able to do a similar detailed write up for my future mods(Install notes for this mod can be found here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lights-93.html). If anyone has any ??'s or would like me to add additional pics please let me know!

Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
frater713 is on a distinguished road
Name: Anthony
frater713's Tacoma Gallery
Couple Quick Questions...

First of all, I have the exact same truck and I love it. I bought it back in November and already have almost 10k on it. I also got it with the Entune....didn't notice if you had that as well but it was well worth the $$$$$

1. What did you pay for the truck OTD?
2. What was the cost of the LED mods you did, and how much time was inolved? (I liked how they looked and you may have inspired me to do the same?

Keep the pictures coming! Looks great!!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by frater713 View Post
First of all, I have the exact same truck and I love it. I bought it back in November and already have almost 10k on it. I also got it with the Entune....didn't notice if you had that as well but it was well worth the $$$$$

1. What did you pay for the truck OTD?
2. What was the cost of the LED mods you did, and how much time was inolved? (I liked how they looked and you may have inspired me to do the same?

Keep the pictures coming! Looks great!!
Thanks! I did get the Entune as well as the tow, 4wd, tint packages and couldn't be happier with the truck overall. I paid right at $37k OTD with 0 down, tt&l rolled in and managed to get a GREAT interest rate.

As far as the LED mods go, I spent right at $320 from Chris and it was a very complete kit with easy to understand instructions. With a moderate to high level of mechanical inclination, I would say the entire install would take you 3-4 hours. Mine took around 9-10hrs because I really took my time and soldered/heatshrunk all the connections instead of using the t-taps. I'm hoping to do a TRS retrofit kit with BHLM in the future and will be sure to do a similar post for those mods. Shoot over some pics of your truck as she progresses, would be interested in seeing some pics!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
Upgrades!

So, it has been some time since I updated my build thread but the time has come! Since my last post, I have added a Snugtop Rebel with vented windoors and a fold down front window w/slider for ease of cleaning and bed/cab access, a pair of Avid Offroad bars to the front and rear with a pair of Hella 4000i's on front for a little extra night time vision. The bezels on my Hellas up front were color matched to the new set of Devil Horns I picked up from Andres out of the October batch as well. Thanks Andres!

Old 03-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum132 View Post
So, it has been some time since I updated my build thread but the time has come! Since my last post, I have added a Snugtop Rebel with vented windoors and a fold down front window w/slider for ease of cleaning and bed/cab access, a pair of Avid Offroad bars to the front and rear with a pair of Hella 4000i's on front for a little extra night time vision. The bezels on my Hellas up front were color matched to the new set of Devil Horns I picked up from Andres out of the October batch as well. Thanks Andres!

Thank you and enjoy!