Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Toyotacrawler's Not a Crawler Build

Old 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Toyotacrawler's Not a Crawler Build

I figured I would start a build thread just to keep track of what I have done to my Tacoma. It's not a lot, but you gotta start somewhere.
I bought a 2010 Double Cab TRD Sport PreRunner new in August of 2010. Here is a picture the day I drove her off the lot.

As she sits now:

Day One:

Mods include:

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks up front set to 1.75"
TSB Rear Springs
Stock Rear Bilstein shocks. <---Next in line to be upgraded.

Wheels & Tires:
16x8 Graphite Gunmetal Konig Countersteer Offroad's. Thanks to Dustin from FNWheels.
LT265/75R16 BFG All Terrain TA KO's

Performance:
K&N Drop in Filter....that is all....

Audio:
Bone Stock.

Other:
Blacked out the badges. At first I used black spray paint for plastic then applied a coat of clear. The clear is cracking and flaking off so I'm in the process of redoing this using High Temp black paint. It has the appearance of flat black once dry. So far I've done the Tacoma badges on the side.

Weathertech floor mats. These things are friggin awesome. Props to my awesome wife for a kick ass birthday present.

Toyota Bed Mat. A fantastic purchase to keep your cargo from sliding all over the dang place.

Anti-Theft Tailgate Hose Clamp Device.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html

Relocated horns.

Future Modifications in numerical order:
1. Matching Spare Tire and Rim

2. Bed Rack.
PURCHASED I bought the All Pro Weld together Pack Rack. Great product and a very nice kit!

.Tepui Autana Roof Top Tent. PURCHASED Direct from Tepui Tents! Great doing business with them! Fast shipping!

The list will most likely grow after the previous mentioned items are obtained. This is it for now.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man! I forgot to add your bumper to my future mod list....
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
She's got the jimmy legs

Yea that would not look good at all for me haha.
In all seriousness though I do like that look. I definitely need to look into that for the future.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Looks like you started with the right stuff; WeatherTechs, rims, tires, lift, etc. You may want to consider plasti dip for your badges/emblems. You don't have to remove them to blacken. 7 months and several washings with no issues.
Cool thanks man! If the high temp spray paint fades or flakes I'll give the Plasti-dip a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I got it on sale from Sierra Expeditions a while back. It was about $600 shipped , I couldn't pass up that deal.
Nice! I hope I can find a deal like that. Gotta get a Bed Rack and Roof Top Tent first though. Dang, I need to win the lottery....
Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Everything looks good other than the hood scoop, you should give it to me. Definately steal ajohnsons's bumper. A black bumper would really add to the look of your truck.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryaddict View Post
Everything looks good other than the hood scoop, you should give it to me. Definately steal ajohnsons's bumper. A black bumper would really add to the look of your truck.
Haha thanks man! I like that ARB you're sporting. What's the weight on that thing? Rough estimate...
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
She's got the jimmy legs

Today I cleaned the throttle body and decided to buy a drop in K&N Air Filter. We shall see if the MPG's improve a little.

Part Number 33-2281
Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
She's got the jimmy legs

This week our Tepui Autana RTT and All Pro Pack rack came in. Just have to weld up the Pack Rack and paint it. I hope I can get it done soon.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
She's got the jimmy legs

WTH man that's just not fair at all. You need to spread the Red.....and Yoda
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
She's got the jimmy legs

That would be awesome! I'll gladly pay for whatever she can bring back! One day I will attend a match at Anfield. Distant future...but one day.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #18
ryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to behold

ryantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks up front set to 1.75"
TSB Rear Springs
Stock Rear Bilstein shocks. <---Next in line to be upgraded.

Im thinking of doing the same lift, did you have to do any alighnment or add new UCA's after the lift?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #19
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantaco View Post
Im thinking of doing the same lift, did you have to do any alighnment or add new UCA's after the lift?
No I didn't. PM'd