1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just bought a 05 4x4 regular cab 5spd stock need suggestions on mods?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by WPDAWG11, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mar 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    WPDAWG11

WPDAWG11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Murfreesboro
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    Need suggestions
    So I have wanted one forever and I finally sold my blazer and got one. I dont have a ton of money atm but want to do some not too costly mods. Do tacos do well with k&n airfilters? I am thinking about getting bilstien 5100s to level the truck raising it 1.75 inches, but I am unsure as the 05 seems pretty level already and do I have to change the back shocks too? Thoughts? Want to tint the windows but it may be too much atm. I will eventually put BF goodrich allterains how big can I go. Also on the 4x4 do I have to put it in 4 hi before I can put it in 4 low?

Yall dont have to answer all these question lol just chime in if you have some advice. Basically if you can think of any good cheaper mods to do right now please let me know what they are.

Thanks fellow taco'ers I am glad to be here!

WPDAWG11

2. Mar 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    redtacoma88

redtacoma88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John Austin
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    See Build Page...
    First off congrats on the truck man!

Most trucks have rake stock but from an 05 the rear leaf springs have already been broken in so they have probably gone down 1 in or so, so by now its probably close to level. Lots of people do bilstein 5100's at 1.75 in the front and put 1" blocks, or 1.5" aal in the rear. keep in mind if you lift the rear you should get bilstein 5100's or some other longer rear shocks, or you can get some cheap shock extensions.

With no lift the largest size tire you can run is 265/75/16 or 265/70/17 depending upon the size rim you have now. Idk about the 4x4 thing. there should be all that info in your manuel or on a small card on the back of your sun visor. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

Products Discussed in

To Top