LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoShredsn's Mid Travel Prerunner Build (Pic Heavy)

Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Arrow TacoShredsn's Mid Travel Prerunner Build (Pic Heavy)

2008 Toyota Tacoma DCSB V6 4.0 (Super White, Base) Mid Travel

Exterior Mods:
Fuel Forged Fabrications Custom Bumper (Skid Plate Powder Coated White)
Blacked Out Taillights (09+ LED Taillights w/ LED Reverse and Signal)
GoRhino Dominator II Steps (Accents Powder Coated White)
Satoshi Grille w/ MX Raptor Style Mesh (HomerTaco)
BAMF Raptor Style "TOYOTA" Satoshi Letters
Procomp 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers
Suntek CarbonXP Windshield Tint
Custom TRD Bedside Decal
Fuel Door (PlastiDip Black)
Flowmaster 40 Muffler
Black Headlight Mod
Debaged All Around
Bumper Fog Lights
Back-up Camera

Interior Mods:
2 Kicker CompVT 12" Subwoofers w/ Sony Xplod 800w Amp
White LED Map Lights and Blue LED Dome Light
CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers in Blue
FatMat Sound Deadening Rear Panel
Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD Double DIN
LEDGlow Blue Interior Lighting

Mid Travel Suspension:
FOX 2.0 Remote Resi Rear Shocks w/ Adj Compression (9.5" travel)
Custom 3" Deaver J66 (11 Leaf Pack)
FOX 2.5 Coil Overs w/ Remote Resi
4" Maxtrac Spindles
Total Chaos UCA's

Under the Hood:
X2 Power Deep Cycle/Dual Purpose Battery
K&N Cold Air Intake

Lighting:
CREE Amber LED Fog Light Bulbs w/ Projector Lens
30" LED Bar Flood/Spot Combo (Front Bumper)
Daytime Running Lights (Mod)
LED License Plate Lights
6000k HID Headlights
2012 Fog Light Kit
LED Taillights

Tires/Wheels:
BF Goodrich T/A KO 285/75/16
Moto Metal 951's (White PlastiDip Accents & Hub Caps)

Future Mods/Wishlist:
50" Radius LED Bar (Spot/Flood Combo) w/ Roof Mounts
Custom Fabricated Tire Gate/Extender
White LED Pod Reverse Lights
Aftermarket Bumpstops
Camburg Limit Straps
TRD Supercharger
T-Rex Eyelids

Most Recent Mod:
30" LED Light Bar

https://www.facebook.com/BattleBornTacomas

Previous owner pic (contributed by VegasTaco08):

Here she is the very first day I got her at Findlay Toyota in Henderson, NV.

Me and the Taco on our first desert run by the railroads off of Wagonwheel Dr. Henderson, NV.

HID's installed in place of the stock bulbs and black tinted the tails. First mods.

Installed the K&N cold air intake. Noticed better throttle response, small HP and mpg gain.

Invested in an X2 Power Deep Cycle/Dual Purpose battery to help handle all of my accessories.

Added in a Flowmaster 40 muffler.

Got my FOX 2.5 coilovers with TC UCA's and 2.0 rear resi's installed!

Installed the LEDGlow interior lighting in blue!

Installed the BHLM lights and rattle canned the grille from stock gray to flat black.

Put the GoRhino Dominator II steps on.

She's finally starting to come together. Ditched the 17" wheels w/ Bridgestone Dueler Revo's and swapped for some new 16" Moto Metal 951's w/ BF Goodrich T/A KO 285/75/16. Also, added the ToyTec 2" AAL.

Installed a new Pioneer AVH-P3100 DVD double DIN head unit and added a Cobra radar detector.

Two 12" Kickers and Sony Xplod 800 watt amp fits snug behind the seats.

Replaced the crappy stock bumper with a custom off-road bumper built by Fuel Forged Fabrications. Painted the skid plate white and mounted the Rugged Ridge red ring HID lights. Cranked the coilovers to level with the 2" AAL.

Got rid of the ToyTec AAL and finally got a hold of some Deaver J66 leaf springs and now she runs the desert like a dream!

Played around with some white and black Plasti Dip. Derp'd the fuel door black, front emblem white and MotoMetal 951 machined accents & hub caps white.

CoverKing seat covers in blue.

Added a custom TRD bedside decal.

Swapped old OEM taillights for the 09+ OEM LED taillights. Rear turn signals and reverse light bulbs are LED making a full LED setup.

Activated my daytime running lights with the DRL kit from TRDparts4u and put OEM fog lights into the bumper.

Got Maxtrac spindles for Christmas installed by Matt from MCM Fab!

After getting 4" up front from the spindle lift, I decided to revamp the rear setup! Swapped my standard Deaver J66 pack for a custom Deaver 11 leaf pack (Thanks to TW: mandzach) giving me 3" of lift in the rear. To compensate for the lift, I swapped my old FOX 2.0s for a pair of All Pro's FOX 2.0 extended rear resi's with adjustable compression and 9.5" of travel!

Upgraded to a Raptor style Satoshi super white with black "TOYOTA" letters and HomerTaco's MX mesh. Thanks to TW member Dwreck!

Got the letters powder coated white and remounted them to finish the Satoshi.

CREE Amber LEDs are installed into the fogs.

Bumper modified and 30" LED Bar mounted!

Thanks for checking out my build! Let me know what you guys think.
Special Thanks:
VegasTaco08 (Austin), MOT (Daniel), TheRedTac0 (Chris),
AMH3RST (Mitch), M C M (Matt), DWreck (Derek),
mandzach (Charlie)
Old 03-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build! As the previous owner of this truck, I must say you've made it look more amazing than even I could have imagined. Just wanted to include a pic to show it's humble beginnings, and how far it's come

Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Stormtroopers ftw
Old 03-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
ramirezsergio63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sergio
ramirezsergio63's Tacoma Gallery
So the bumper id made by fuel forged fabrications? Is there a website for it?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
2nd girl more pics

Oh yeah stormtrooper ftw
Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
You got any more pics of the new bumper
Old 04-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoShredsn View Post
Not the most quality pic because it was already dark out, but painted the skid plate white the other night and hit the under part with black to match the bumper. Also finally got the HID bumper lights wired and mounted the switch into the stock plastic piece.

Looks good bro. Did you rattle can it? Hey, what happened to the BBT sticker! You know I've got the die cut ones now; let me know if you want one.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #13
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasTaco08 View Post
Looks good bro. Did you rattle can it? Hey, what happened to the BBT sticker! You know I've got the die cut ones now; let me know if you want one.
Thanks man! Yeah I rattle canned it with some white engine enamel gloss automotive paint, hence the removal of the sticker. I might be interested in a die cut one. Do you have them in black or white?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks man! Yeah I rattle canned it with some white engine enamel gloss automotive paint, hence the removal of the sticker. I might be interested in a die cut one. Do you have them in black or white?
I still have some in white. Would that work for you?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #16

Quote:
If I'm correct, the white die cut is outlined in black so it would still show up on my skid plate right? Would it look good? There's always my black rear bumper or back window...decisions opinions?
I wouldn't put the new one on your skid. Back window is where everybody is putting theirs'. I'd recommend putting it there.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Sweet hook it up. You goin to the meet tomorrow?
Yeah bro, I'll be there for sure. You coming?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
This is a sick build man, moto metals are lookin ill!! Keep it up

Products Discussed in this Thread