Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Brendo Ballz808 Taco Project!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post

Mean build so far braddah Brenden!

Any chance you got a close up of the small TRD badges you have on the sides? and where'd you get em?
Thanks brah
I can take a close up pic today and ill post em I bought em with the badge but i swear i found em on ebay its like a 3m addhesive badge Ima get new ones for my extra cab
Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
Thanks brah
I can take a close up pic today and ill post em I bought em with the badge but i swear i found em on ebay its like a 3m addhesive badge Ima get new ones for my extra cab
Shoots man thanks! Yea I see those on ebay, but for some reason the ones you got look real tiny compared to the ebay ones (I like that). But the ebay ones I think is about 5" in length.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Shoots man thanks! Yea I see those on ebay, but for some reason the ones you got look real tiny compared to the ebay ones (I like that). But the ebay ones I think is about 5" in length.
Those are same size they just look small on the body but I measureed mines and they are 5 inches long haha
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #24

SO TODAY I GOT MY DJM KIT!!!! SO HAPPY DJM upper and lower control arms WITH balljoints installed one less thing to do
DJM notch and hardware as well as DJM 3 inch blocks which Ill prolly run temporary until I order some beefed blocks with angle and offset pins

My plan is to combine the DJM kit with my XII drop coils as well as my 4x4 leafs should turn out just the out I am looking for

Also been buffing all the oxidation out of the extra cab since I think its been washed twice since 2008

Before (you can see the oxidation in the shadow) its pretty bad in person bothered the shit out of me

After buffing

I alrrad yswapped front ends wit hmy reg cab all thats left is the rear bumper and door handles and suspension everything else has already been done
Hopefully soon have some pics of the DJM install
Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #25
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
i like trade you for ur single glass back window on ur single cab
Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can run 2 10s just gotta build a box
I've always had a reg cab truck I was rocking 2 12s
Haha with the extra cab I planning on building a box for 2 15s or 3 12s
Yeah my other truck was a v8 which made my foot happy but not my wallet:/
The 4bangah get some balls but pretty good on gas I'm hoping I can get my rim issue straightened out quick but to be honest I don't mind rocking the stocks for awhile and just slam it on those at least tires are cheap to replace vs. the stance wheels
yah thinkin bout getting a custom box for the 10's! Shit im gonna be cramped at 6ft tall with two 12's lol. know anywhere on island that does cutom boxes?

Stoked on the kit, nice having those ball joints in already, that was a major pain in the ass u avoided!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
i like trade you for ur single glass back window on ur single cab
Kinda change of plans
Now my stepmom like drive the reg cab so she can get rid of her Infiniti so she no need have monthly payments so the truck is more than likely being kept now
Sorry brah if I see a tacoma being parted locally Ill hit you up see if they get a single piece back glass
Old 03-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
yah thinkin bout getting a custom box for the 10's! Shit im gonna be cramped at 6ft tall with two 12's lol. know anywhere on island that does cutom boxes?

Stoked on the kit, nice having those ball joints in already, that was a major pain in the ass u avoided!
Ill post pics tomorrow but I installed my 3 inch blocks with 4x4 leafs out back sitting on bumpstops:P haha its just for the look

started on the front tonight but didn't finish so after whorl tomorrow Ima finish up and post pics hopefully get alignment next week. Prolly gonna install the 2 inch blocks again when I go for recon then notch and get some 3.5 inch blocks and maybe dearch the 4x4 leafs an inch or pull the helper
Ima switch the the XII coils out tomorrow so front will be complete with XII drop coils and DJM arms be about 5/4.5 since Im not notched
Old 03-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #29
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kinda change of plans
Now my stepmom like drive the reg cab so she can get rid of her Infiniti so she no need have monthly payments so the truck is more than likely being kept now
Sorry brah if I see a tacoma being parted locally Ill hit you up see if they get a single piece back glass
Mahalo bradda, good plan for sure. payments suck... best for get out of em fast

if ur step mom ever like the sliding back glass window (probably a long shot) ill be happy to trade for the solid back glass. thought id at least make the offer haha never know
Old 03-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #30

So I got some progress gone this weekend but not much since I whorl weekends 8-430 but so far I got everything pretty much switched including the front suspension from he reg cab(XII coils) and installed the stock ones

But the access cab should be clammed out front by tomorrow hahah so heres some pics

Switched bumpers and everything

3 inch blocks and 4x4 leafs sittin on the low pro bumpstops until I notch then Ill prolly go down another inch or inch half

Don't mind the decal I took it off already

Returned back to stock out in the rear and this is before i took out the XII coils

Working on the front end

XII coils and DJM upper control arms still need to put in the lower control arms tomorrow after work and should be sitting

So hopefully will be posting some more pics soon of the truck slammed out as well as pics after I get my 1 new wheel to complete my Stance wheel set
SHOOTZ!!
PS; please don't mind the shitty iPad pics gotta get me a new camera
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #31

Okay its official I'm pretty sure this qualifies as slammed I just finished up dropping the front which consists of DJM upper and lower control arms and XII performance drop coils i haven't gotten it aligned yet which I will
the back will be lowered to match the front once i pass recon which is a thing all modified vehicles on Oahu alone need to pass so right now I'm face down ass up the back is
front end:
DJM 3" Upper and lower control arms
XII Performance 1.7" drop coil

Rear End:
3 inch DJM block
4x4 leaf sitting on frame
FUture rear end:
3.5 or 4 inch BEEFED block
4x4 leaf with helper pulled or dearched a lil
I also am debating whether to run the staggered wheels or go all out with 20x10s all around we will see after alignment

Here we go

The camber isn't too bad but I kindah push the toe in so it looks like a lot of camber haha alignment will fix that

20x9 up front

or 20x10 up front

20x10 again

Side shot with 20x9

So I can't run the wheels jus yet since i have 2 20x9's and 1 20x10 and 1 20x10.5 I will be getting rid of the 10.5 and getting another 20x10

or I might get 3 more 20x10's and roll 20x10's all around we will see haha but for now just some sample pics and feel free to say ahtwever u like hahah
SHOOTZ
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #32
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Brah those rims are gonna look so nutz I say get whatever u have on the front cuz it willl look perfect. I think they match even better on the extended cab. Man im jealous lol. So hows the ride with the drop coild plus djm arms. Are u rubbing or bottoming out hitting front bump stops?? Any problems. If not im gonna add those1 inch spacers to mine cheehee. Got em in a box right here. Build looks good. Time for alignment recon and notch cheehee
Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Brah those rims are gonna look so nutz I say get whatever u have on the front cuz it willl look perfect. I think they match even better on the extended cab. Man im jealous lol. So hows the ride with the drop coild plus djm arms. Are u rubbing or bottoming out hitting front bump stops?? Any problems. If not im gonna add those1 inch spacers to mine cheehee. Got em in a box right here. Build looks good. Time for alignment recon and notch cheehee

Thanks brah I agree it matches on the extended cab
I havent gotten to drive it anywhere since haven't put insurance on it just yet however I don't think il be able to tell how the front rides since the back is sitting on the bumpstops hahah but the front bumpstop I actually used the low pro one meant for the notch and installed it up front so i got about 2 inches or more tile i hit the plate the wheels I can turn all the way both left and right however when i turn all the way right the 20x9 and 20x10 small kine rub the plastic liner in the fender which is no big deal won't cut the tire the rims are pretty dayum flush to the fender so I'm proxy gonna remove the inner fender and trim it for more clearance above
eventually for recon ima put the 2 inch blocks back so I have some travel though the rake will be like a hot rod then Ill really be able to see how the from handles
i think Ima stay with the staggered wheels since its cheaper to buy 1 new wheel than buying 3 new wheels Ill prolyl be stuck at like -1 degree of camber which isn't bad I've ran that before with no problems If i do start to bottom out up front ill prolly invest in some xrunner billies which are on my to do list
I know for sure out back I'm gonna have to remove the bed bracket trim and then roll to fit the 10 and for the front maybe some light trimming but surprisingly even the 20x10 with +35 offset there is no rubbing of sway bars or anything that I can see
I say u should go with the spacer up front you should be fine if I measured correctly I honestly say Im sitting at 5 inch drop up front or so haha ground to fender is 26 inches
Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #34

Just cuz I was bored haha

Junk I know
Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #36

Quote:
damn makes me want some blacked out 20's
Do it!!!!!!!!!
They make the same wheel I have in gloss black I really like those
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #38
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good! It's weird seeing the braddah and stuff, damn hawaii language lol
Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Truck looks good! It's weird seeing the braddah and stuff, damn hawaii language lol
Thanks brah
naw no worries if u read it more than once u can understand what we saying:P
Old 04-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #40

Quote:
if i had the cash!!!! lol
Yeah thats the story of my life i can't even get 1 new wheel haha
So i got alignment today everything on the truck is in spec except the camber
-1.6 on both sides for the camber and thats maxed out which I don't think its that bad Ive ran -1.3 before and never had a problem so idk Im gonna either have to bring it up a lil and have the guys print me a new sheet for recon or ima ask another guy I know to print me a fake sheet to take for recon which I had don't when i had -1.3

the stockies are like really sunk in because they maxed it out which bring the whole entire wheel like an inch for inside but camber doesn't look to bad it will hardly be notice with the 20x9's up front

The truck bounced fuckin everywhere since in sitting on bum stops out back but the front don't feel bad tires rub when I turn or hit a big bump but nothing major onlyy the plastic liner after alignment the truck drives straight no pulling whatsoever even when going over the lane dividers so pretty cherreh so far I scrape EVERYWHERE!