Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

+SconnieHailer's Build & BS+

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #181
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Getting there!!!! Looking good Marc.

Question though, how much will those superbumps compress?
Supposed to compress to the same height as OEM. I don't know what that exact compressed height is though.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #183
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I hooked the lip of the tape measure on the shock bolt head and measured up to the shock mount and got 20 5/8" on my passenger side. Didn't measure driver. I remeasured hub to fender and got 25" on passenger and 24" on passenger. Which is weird because last time (which was like a month ago) I had passenger at 24.5" and didn't measure driver, I think I was a little more level this time though. (I've always had a bad taco lean...)

I just did this tonight. Exact same tape measure placement and on the passenger side. I got 21.75 inches exactly. I am loaded down for my trip back to wisconsin tomorrow too. No idea how much weight but its definitely over 300 lbs.

Also, first day with the extended 5100's. I can say its a more smushy ride if you want to call it that, not bouncy at all but definitely more cush than the kings offered... Easier to hit the bump stops now id imagine. not sure I like it yet lol, more body roll now too. On the street this is more comfortable but hit anything big and I have my doubts about the 5100 handling the beating...
Old 06-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #184
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
I just did this tonight. Exact same tape measure placement and on the passenger side. I got 21.75 inches exactly. I am loaded down for my trip back to wisconsin tomorrow too. No idea how much weight but its definitely over 300 lbs.

Also, first day with the extended 5100's. I can say its a more smushy ride if you want to call it that, not bouncy at all but definitely more cush than the kings offered... Easier to hit the bump stops now id imagine. not sure I like it yet lol, more body roll now too. On the street this is more comfortable but hit anything big and I have my doubts about the 5100 handling the beating...
That gives you a good inch on me either with the weight. Although those expos should hold weight a lot better than my OEM leafs. Mine bottoms out real quick on the big stuff, but I have timbren bumps, and a squishy leaf pack... My bumps only have about 4" before they hit the strike pads at ride height...
Old 06-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #185
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
That gives you a good inch on me either with the weight. Although those expos should hold weight a lot better than my OEM leafs. Mine bottoms out real quick on the big stuff, but I have timbren bumps, and a squishy leaf pack... My bumps only have about 4" before they hit the strike pads at ride height...
yea, my bumps are setup about the same. I don't want the expos to neg arch at all so they keep their form for as long as they can. Also the pack is really thick which puts the plate closer to the bump anyways. I'm really glad I didnt go with the standard pack, that would have been super dumb!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #186
PutterClutch

in this picture the shock to shock mount was 26 something. O and I also drilled and tapped the leaf pack clamp to hold the E-brake cable bracket It was like santa was coming to town all over riverton with those suckers jingling over every bump LOL!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #188

Have you trimmed down your u-bolts since that pic or do they not hit the frame at full bump?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #190
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
awesome build, the expo's are what led me here. i dont have a plate bumper or anything in the back like you do, but i do have a long bed, how much lift would you guess I'd get, 3.5"?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #191
PutterClutch

Thanks Garrett! I've got just a bit under 2k miles on the expos and love them so far!

you'll get probably a bit over 3". I'm not sure what stock is exactly for a longbed. Measure your rear shock to shock mount like the picture above that brady took. Jack the back of your truck up until your shock mount to mount measurement is about 22" as shown above, thats probably about the lift you'll get.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #194
PutterClutch

The weenermobile was smaller than I thought it would be lol

Back home last night... drove over cloud peak from buffalo to tensleep since it's way more exciting than the casper route! Truck pulled the full uhaul 5'x8' like a boss over the pass! Lots of sections of 4th gear WOT pulls for miles going up to the top and didn't even crack 200* engine temp with mid 80 ambient temps. Got about 14mpg doing 70 pulling the trailer too. 12mpg going 80... No I didnt eat at TacoTime, parked there for the food accross the street... Also that is how the trailer sat with a 6.25" drop hitch off the cbi bumper with expo leafs.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #195

Quote:
The weenermobile was smaller than I thought it would be lol

Back home last night... drove over cloud peak from buffalo to tensleep since it's way more exciting than the casper route! Truck pulled the full uhaul 5'x8' like a boss over the pass! Lots of sections of 4th gear WOT pulls for miles going up to the top and didn't even crack 200* engine temp with mid 80 ambient temps. Got about 14mpg doing 70 pulling the trailer too. 12mpg going 80... No I didnt eat at TacoTime, parked there for the food accross the street... Also that is how the trailer sat with a 6.25" drop hitch off the cbi bumper with expo leafs.
Hey look, Boise, ID

Were you running the A/C while towing? The A/C alone can bring my engine temp up to/over 200* pretty easily.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #197

Quote:
Haha yup, thought youd like that trailer mural

In the mtns didnt need ac, but on the SD flats going 80 with ac on it would hit 200 on some bigger inclines
I see. I will have to watch mine on the freeway without the A/C on in the hot weather to see what it does I guess. When going slow (like less than 10 mph) with the A/C on mine can hit 205* about peak. Wonder if my auto tranny helps with that though. Just noticed you are a manual.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #198
PutterClutch

hmm, are you getting your temps through a scanguage or something like the ultraguage? I use a scanguage. Again so many factors at play here... My grill is so wide open too with the GC mesh so tons of air get at the rad. Peak I saw while towing yesterday was 202* Not sure if the trans plays much of a role in engine temps either
Old 07-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #199

Quote:
hmm, are you getting your temps through a scanguage or something like the ultraguage? I use a scanguage. Again so many factors at play here... My grill is so wide open too with the GC mesh so tons of air get at the rad. Peak I saw while towing yesterday was 202* Not sure if the trans plays much of a role in engine temps either
Well a 3*-4* difference in peak is pretty small really. I get it through an Ultraguage. I'm also still running the factory grill.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #200
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
So you said you just used two front SuperBump kits instead of front/rear? Did you only put these on after your Expo's?

Just trying to figure out if I should do what you did and put an extra front set in the rear bolted to the frame. How did you bolt it there by the way?

I think the U-Bolts may be too long for my current leaf pack although, which means the bump wouldn't even contact the plate and the bolts would hit the frame instead.

Matt

Products Discussed in this Thread