Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

+SconnieHailer's Build & BS+

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #421
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
woodnick's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... I thought they were a decent dealership when they helped me out with the shock bolt, and I didn't even buy my Tacoma there! I guess it turns out they're really just your typical stealership.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #423
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Guess so. Also, they managed to put 22 miles on it... WTF!
Probably took it into Shoshone Lake to test it.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #424
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
par for the course! I called and asked why they went for a 20 mile test drive with a leaking diff and the guy goes we had it running while it was on the lift inspecting it... lol 20 miles while on a lift, pretty sure i'm gonna stay far away from them from now on
Old 08-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #425
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

got er on stands and ready to go for tomorrow morn. drained the diff and saw no shavings on the plug, so far so good! The dealer only got in 3/4 of the parts I needed (still need the two long studs) but i'll get it as far as i can without the two studs and pick those up when they get in to finish it up. Few pictures so ya'll see what this looks like.

Hockey puck bumpstop spacers FTW!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #426
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
lol you literally have a hockey puck in there
Old 08-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #428
PutterClutch

Alright, so far so good. No cracks or puckers on either mating face. I ran a straight edge over everything and it is all flat as can be... So cleaned it all up and got it ready to seal, pulled the studs to replace with new ones just to be sure(ps if anyone knows the torque of the studs to the housing let me know!). I wont have the two long studs till tuesday cuz the dealer didnt get them by friday like the rest of my parts...

My gears look great so thats good to see

Old 08-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #430
PutterClutch

I did re-torque them all, tried it twice cuz i knew this would be a pain in the ass. The leak slowed but never stopped. oh well, i've actually enjoyed getting into the rear end...
Old 08-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #431
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
got er on stands and ready to go for tomorrow morn. drained the diff and saw no shavings on the plug, so far so good! The dealer only got in 3/4 of the parts I needed (still need the two long studs) but i'll get it as far as i can without the two studs and pick those up when they get in to finish it up. Few pictures so ya'll see what this looks like.

Hockey puck bumpstop spacers FTW!
Holy shiz!!! I have the exact same brand hockey puck. I use it on my jack. Lol. Bought it for 1 cent, from Amazon. Yes, 1 cent, $0.01. Lol. In hind sight, I should have purchased 10.

So does your time counter agree with the dealership's time counter?
Old 08-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #432
PutterClutch

yea .01 was a good deal man!!! funny thing was I ordered a few pucks for this bump job and yesterday found 3 pucks in my closet that I forgot about... haha such is life

Well, this-morning I spent 2 hours getting the axles pulled, diff out, studs pulled, and all cleaned up. Including jack time (30 min) to get the truck ready to pull the diff I have 4.5 hours left to get the diff put back together according to the dealer estimate on time. No way will it take me 4.5 hours to: Install and torque studs, install paper seal and add some FIPG, get the diff back in and torqued, re-install the E-locker, put wheels back on, fill diff, and torque filler plugs... Whatever, I actually somewhat enjoy this, so i'll just get past the dealership issues for now and get on with enjoying my YOTA!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #433
WY7FRV

Looks like a great project! Glad you are enjoying it. Way faster than CV boots. I think I had a solid day into changing all four.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #435
PutterClutch

Got the diff back in. All went well except the dealership totally got me the wrong size nuts and washers, so i re-used the old stuff, no problem but it goes to show how awesome my dealer is I guess... It's sealed up good now and should stay that way! Total time into this job with replacing studs and cleaning plus setup and cleanup time was about 5 hours. My finger made the FIPG spread all over the place on the outside... oh well, as long as it doesnt leak

Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #437
PutterClutch

haha, hope my axle seals dont leak! It was kinda nice splitting it up over a few days. Time to go shred some trail!!! Should have a few good pictures up from this coming weekend
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #438
PutterClutch

Rained a bit today. Got out for a bit looking for some deer. These are off my phone since I forgot the good cam

Definitely was tetering on 2 wheels in the last three. That's all the flex I got!

Products Discussed in this Thread