LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

+SconnieHailer's Build & BS+

Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #45
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Thanks bullaculla! You're going to love the Konigs! I plan on going with a better leaf pack in the rear soon (probably all-pro standard) so i'm wishing I went with the 285 instead of the 265 to fit better with the close to 3 inches of lift i'll be at. But... the 265 duratrac has been awesome for the 12k miles i have on them. my fronts run at 38 and my rears at 34psi and they chalk test pretty good. I have the E rated tire so dont copy those psi numbers if you got the c rated. You will really like the duratracs there's no doubt about it

Reasons to go from 265 to 285... Dont mind a slight drop in mpg, need a bit more clearance that an almost 33 inch tire will give you, and need a taller tire to fill out the wheel well of a lifted truck. That's how I see it.
Actually, I just got an up close look at a taco with 285s on it this morning. So now i'm not so sure...
It looked great, and I didn't see any signs of trimming or CMC.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #46
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Bajarunners build.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oma-build.html

He posted just above... He's running 285 bfg's which actually looks like are feeler for sale? He is running stock rims and they are 20 something offset whereas the konigs are 0 so you might have more rubbing issues than with a stock rim.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #47
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
nevermind. Sticking with 265...
He cut a lot and still rubs at full stuff. No thanks. The BFGs are one of the smaller 285s as well. My truck barely has 4,000 miles, so maybe when the 265s wear out and I get bored, i'd feel more comfortable chopping up my truck
Old 04-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #49
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really surprised no one has asked this question yet.. or maybe I'm and idiot and there is an obvious answer... If you were using your left hand for the clutch and your right hand to shift.. what were you steering with??
Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #50

I'm guessing that he wasn't steering while shifting. I think you can take your hands off the wheel for a second or two without crashing. Just shift when its safe while going in a straight line. I'm sure coming to a complete stop and starting again was interesting tho!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #51
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my third leg Jk, if you plan ahead you can have all the shifting done and never have a period of steering without hands. This was definitely not as bad as texting and driving...

I might add most of the time i didnt even clutch. I just used it to get moving then just rev matched and dropped it into gear
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #53
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
nevermind. Sticking with 265...
He cut a lot and still rubs at full stuff. No thanks. The BFGs are one of the smaller 285s as well. My truck barely has 4,000 miles, so maybe when the 265s wear out and I get bored, i'd feel more comfortable chopping up my truck
Just to clarify, since I went to Icon's all around and did Timbrens on the front and Ubolt flip with Timbrens on the rear, I don't have any rubbing at full stuff when crawling in 4L. I've only experienced lite rubbing when PReRunning, when the suspension is compressing while turning. The rubbing is so lite it sounds like a misquito buzzing in your ear. I've only experienced this once since I installed the new suspension. I don't reget going 285's at all, The additional height gained and traction far out weighs the rubbing issues I had. BFG's aren't that much smaller, they're generally 200 thousandths of an inch shorter than other brands. Thats less than 1/4 inch and less than an 1/8 of an inch per side. The only negative impact of 285's is the loss of mileage and power, but regearing fixes that. Go 285's guys you're already pinstripping the outside of your trucks, whats a little inner fender trimming and CMC chop?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #54

Thanks for the post BajaRunner
Old 04-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #55
PutterClutch

haha, thanks BR. I'll consider em heavily when my 265's are bald. I really want the extra clearance and don't care about the MPG or bit of power loss and should be able to deal with the rubbin.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #57

I think once I get a plate bumper, then I will go with 285s and sell the stock bumper before it gets cut up.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #58
PutterClutch

Finally getting the sub tuned into the system so I thought i'd throw up a pic of it.

Hybrid Audio Imagine 10" driver in a Mr Marv sealed box. Powered by a Rockford P-300 mono amp and fed from the Pioneer DEH-80PRS headunit. System finally sounds pretty balanced, as good as it's going to get with the stock speakers...

Don't mind the messy wires, they're gonna get tucked up under the little shelf in the back bin.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #59
PutterClutch

Had some fun today

Flexed it out and figured out how much extra clearance the new bumper gives me. Climbing up that little grade today was the first time I really felt A-Trac working and actually helping a ton! I could have just kept crawling up that slope! cool stuff.

Old Open Pit Uranium Mine. Circa 1970's

And Snagged a pic of 2 of the bajillion antelope I saw...