Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

+SconnieHailer's Build & BS+

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
+SconnieHailer's Build & BS+

Check last few pages for recent updates and pictures.

1-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

General:
2012 TRD Off Road
Double Cab Short Bed
V6 4x4
6 speed manual trans

LINKS:
-Trips:
-Spring Time In WY
-Flexing and CO2 AirUp
-Flaming Gorge WY/UT
- Boar Tusk area WY
-Shelley, ID with NYCO and Brady
-Meetup with the Epic WY/MT/CO trip guys!
-Blue Ridge Road near Lander WY
-Gas Hills WY
-Loop Road Above Lander, WY
-Bear Hunting above Dubois WY
-Christing Lake Rd Trip!!
-Pulling a trailer
-Shell Canyon WY
-Shoshone Lake Rd
-Sand Draw, "flexed out"

-Truck parts: (if it's not linked then it's in the first post )
-Pelfreybilt Bumper post install
-Hurst Shifter Install
-ECGS Front Diff bushing install
-285/75/16 Goodyear MTR-K's
-Cab-back exhaust re-route
-Pelfreybilt rear shock relocation finished by CBI
-Start of Rear Shock Relocation
-Rear differential fix, Starts with this post.
-Exhaust reroute and Skid Plates
-Rear bumper and Sliders
-Subwoof setup
-DSM UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, and bed mat installs
-Ax and shovel mount
-Post UCA and Expo leaf install shots
-Torn ABS wire fix
-Rear End Setup without shocks installed

Stuff on the truck:

Bodywork:
* -Grill: Colormatched grill unit, Grillcraft insert, Landcruiser TOYOTA emblem (http://www.toyotapart.com/75311-90K00.html), FJ40 4wd emblem.*
* -Black Head Light Mod
* -De-Badged entire truck

Suspension:
* -King non-extended travel reservoir coilovers at 2.5" of lift with 14" 700# coils
* -DSM Upper Control arms By Desert Products
* -Pelfreybilt rear shock relocation kit with 12" 2.0 king resi shocks .012 flutter comp/.008 reb, and 2.0 4" hydro bumps limited to 2.5" at 80 psi.
* -All-Pro Expedition Leaf Pack
* -Wheelers superbumps up front.

Armor:
* - Welded CBI sliders
* - CBI Bushmaster rear bumper
* - Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid/transfer skids
* - B.A.M.F Rear Diff Skid
* - Soon adding Pelfreybilt full hoops front plate bumper

Exhaust:
* -Magnaflow 18" muffler welded in stock muffler location. Part # = 12256
See video in this post for sound clip!

Engine:
*-Nothing

Wheels/Tires
* -Konig Countersteer 16x8*
* -Goodyear MTR-Kevlar 285/75/16 (OLD = Goodyear Duratrac 265 75/16 (38psi on road))

Extras:
* -Smittybilt X20-Comp 10,000lb winch
* -Rigid Dually floods as fogs
* -CVT Mt. Shasta RTT
* -AP weld together bed rack. 13" tall above bed rails.
* -50 Gallon bed tote
* -Rockford Fosgate P-300-1 Amp
* -Mr.Marv Enclosure
* -Imagine Audio 10" sub
* -48" Hi-Lift mounted in bed
* -Uniden 520xl CB radio with 2' Firestik antenna and Relentless fab hood mount.
* -Pioneer DEH-80prs headunit in a Scosche dash.*
* -Scanguage 2
* -Slim Trd shift knob
* -Basic recovery gear, straps, hooks, and safety bag under rear seats.
* -Shovel and ax mounts on bed rail
* -3/4" Horse stall bed mat
* -Harbor freight 100 psi cigarette plug air compressor
* -Terraflex tire deflator (awesome piece of gear!)
* -Hand-winch

Recent Picture:

Off the lot September 2012:

What I used to Drive!

****** Pictures ********
This picture was taken when I had the OME 885x on billies at 0 with the wheelers 3 leaf in the rear and no overload leaf

This was taken with the Eibach coils on billies set at 0 I think

Same setup as above

Weekend before new rear bumper

CB install

Grill insert

Grill unit

BHLM

Left to Right (OME 885x, Eibach (toytec) Stock OR srping)

Konigs test fit

New wheels! The lady made it into this photo 885x coils in this picture

Scanguage

Muffler install

Old Magnaflow Catback with Dynomax bullet

Headunit

my rear end setup (bumps were cut after the picture )

Front end suspension

and for some BS...

Pic of me

How i drove my truck after I blew up my knee skiing...

SouthPass WY

Corn fed Wisconsin deer on my parents property

Backyard turkeys at my parents property

Old pup Snickers staring down a rooster

~M
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Quality stuff man!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Blevrock is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
Blevrock's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. I really like that grille. Clutch assist is cool, too
Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ Thank you. I've gotta get the links to the emblems since i'm sure i'll get asked a bunch...

the putter is now off the clutch, knee is doing well enough to clutch normal now
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
roblupo is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
roblupo's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, I have 2012 Taco but mine is a Prerunner no real need around here for 4x4. Anyways I like the grill and head lights, def going to do that. What do you think as far as lift? I am thinking spacers at first to get the stance, maybe toytec or more of a lift after awhile. not sure on 32inch or 33 inch tires. Gas mileage is already crazy so prolly wont go over 3 inch.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet build, Marc. I really dig the old school 4wd emblem.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
PutterClutch

Thanks Adam one of my co-workers drives an '78 fj40 so i had to!

Try to stay away from spacers Rob. They'd be ok if you aren't going off-road but they arent the safest things to get lift. Your best bet is to just either get a coilover thats adjustable to what height you want, or get the bilstein 5100 shocks and set it at .85 preload setting with your stock coils and see what you think. If you go the 5100 route you really aren't spending that much more than spacers, especially if spacer cause damage while on your truck. 265 75 16's fit real nice under a minor lift.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
looks great!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
damn those deer!

oh and the truck looks awesome!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
PutterClutch

Bumper and Sliders are on! Thanks to Nathan and the guys at CBI, they got the bumper and sliders on in about 2.5 hours! Sorry the pictures are hard to see the definition of whats bumper and underbody... I'll have better ones soon im sure.

First thing I did when I got home was add the 3M grip tape to the sliders.

I noticed driving it home it felt different. I blame the sliders welded to the frame, feels more solid on corner initiation. I like it

Products Discussed in this Thread