Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

B-Rads 05 Taco

Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
Name: B-Rad
esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
B-Rads 05 Taco

Well I may be new to the tacoma world but I am far from being new to the desert racing scene. It started with my first truck when I was 15 that I slowly built, learned from, broke, fixed, broke, raced, and broke some more. I've gone through several different cars and have come to the concensus that I want a mild built 4x4 pre runner that is simple yet effective. This will be my build to try and achieve this. I have gotten tired of requiring a crew, chase trucks, tools, and mostly a trailer to take my porevious race cars out with. I want a weekend warrior that I an drive to races, play with on the weekends and still drive to work the next day if I want. Here is my build:

05 Taco

Front suspension:
Camburg LT
Icon Coilovers

Rear Suspension:
DMZ Rear SUA kit

Glass:
Fiberwerx front fenders
Glassworks rear fenders

Wheels:
17" method double standards with machined lips

Tires:
315/70/17 BFg All terrains

Misc:
TC spindle, cam tabs, and upper coil bucket gussets
DMZ Motor mount gussets
All fab work will be done in home by myself.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Pics:

First weekend out with it:

And it begins:

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery

Tucking 35's stock springs

Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #4

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Links I'm thinking about using with a reverse 4 link :

Mason truck we raced for a while:

Full shop:

Rip:

Springs:

DD at 17

I'll try and find some more pictures of my 1 car and sand car. Should have some updates on the taco in the next couple days
Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
cool trucks dude. can't wait to see how the taco turns out
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #6

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg kit showed up from SDHQ. Should be able to get this on by the weekend. Everything should go easy, just hoping the axles don't take to long to put back together.
Attached Thumbnails
B-Rads 05 Taco-17753_10102336246674831_1764761991_n.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh the memories....
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Custom spindle gussets?

Looks great, 05 with less than 30k that's nice lol
Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Custom spindle gussets?

Looks great, 05 with less than 30k that's nice lol
TC Gussets. They have 2 styles. The one Brad has is the "spindle gusset w/sway bar mounts" Obviously not using the sway bar, but the gusset is a bit stronger as you can see especially since it extends out to the steering.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #10

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
No joke! Lots of miles covered in the pickup.

Hopefully I will get many more out of this one. Wouldn't mind putting a 100+ on this one!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #11

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
More parts shipping out tomorrow...
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #12

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Got some more work done on the truck this weekend. Front and rear glas mounted and fitted. Gaps all look pretty good except the top of the fender new the front windshield and I don't see much I can do there.

TC cam tabs and coil buckets are on, kit and axles are on, just need to get the steering extenders from Camburg because they didn't ship with my kit for some reason. Once I get those I can align and drive the beast

Old 04-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks looking awesome! Subd to the awesomeness that this build is.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #14
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
What product did you paint the top of your bedsides with?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #15

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
It is a spray in bed liner. Same as Line-x
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #16

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
Trucks looking awesome! Subd to the awesomeness that this build is.

Thanks, still have a ton of work to get done!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #17

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Box for the rear. Just need to figure a good way to lock it:

Figuring out front bumper:
Old 04-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
Bhwang is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=esbyota;6679552]Box for the rear. Just need to figure a good way to lock it:

What are you using, said box for the rear ??? Would like to know.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for this one!

So for the top of the bedsides did you get the SDHQ special or spray them yourself? If so, how did you do it? I really want to hide some of the spider cracks..
Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #20

esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
SDHQ special. They are off one of the trucks that they built. I would just have it sprayed because any of the do it your self stuff isn't going to be as thick nor anywhere near as strong as this stuff.

As far as the box; it will just hold misc tow straps, tie downs, pit tools, ect. Camping gear when we go up north. Dead hookers but I would more then likely have to cut them up as it's not that large.