Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

No Money College Build

Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
lowercaselong's Tacoma Gallery
haha, awesome dude, cant tell you how much us guys with no money who look at these crazy tacos all day appreciate this. nice job.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #22
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvmyTACO View Post
IMO I would take off the black fender flares if possible! Replace them with color matched ones or just leave them off, I think it will make the truck look way cleaner... Good start OP!
The black flares came with the Rugged Trail package so I'm gonna keep them, plus its less paint to worry about
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #23
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercaselong View Post
haha, awesome dude, cant tell you how much us guys with no money who look at these crazy tacos all day appreciate this. nice job.
I know what you mean, I was fortunate enough to be able to have it almost paid off with a no interest loan from the parents. There is no way i would be able to drop thousands on a nice lift and other expensive mods, trying to get the cheap things out of the way until I'm out of college. Thanks for checking it out!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #24
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
I will be using your build as a guide for ideas for my truck lol. Im probably going to plastidip my badges soon.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon9402 View Post
I will be using your build as a guide for ideas for my truck lol. Im probably going to plastidip my badges soon.
Thanks man! Doing the badges was one of the easiest mods too
Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoShredsn View Post
Cool mods man sub'd! I'm a college student majoring in marketing too at UNLV. Black fender flares FTW! Mine's similar to yours except I got the double cab and a few more mods. Some cheap and easy ones are LEDGlow interior and replacing the dome and map lights with LEDs.
A few more?! Your truck is badass! haha thanks though man i've been looking into doing LED's in the interior, is there any wiring or do they just directly replace whats in there?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #28
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
A few more?! Your truck is badass! haha thanks though man i've been looking into doing LED's in the interior, is there any wiring or do they just directly replace whats in there?
Haha thanks man! I believe the lights that are already in there are just a bulb swap that directly replace the stock ones. And the interior glow comes in a kit for $32 if you're trying to do that. But it has its own wiring.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoShredsn View Post
Haha thanks man! I believe the lights that are already in there are just a bulb swap that directly replace the stock ones. And the interior glow comes in a kit for $32 if you're trying to do that. But it has its own wiring.
Sweet that sounds pretty easy, where can I get the LED's for the map lights and dome lights?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #31

Well, havent been getting as many hours as i thought i would at work so i havent been able to afford any mods. I did take off the mud flaps, i think it looks a little taller without them.

Also hit the flares and other plastic parts with Mothers Back to Black and they look great.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #33
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The black flares came with the Rugged Trail package so I'm gonna keep them, plus its less paint to worry about
Agreed! I think the painted fender flares are for street trucks. I like them and your build.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #34
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! Looks sweet, i'm with you on the black fender flares. Once you storm-troop the truck out, it's like the main accent for the truck.

Looks good though! Time for a lift and bigger tires!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
Nice truck man! Looks sweet, i'm with you on the black fender flares. Once you storm-troop the truck out, it's like the main accent for the truck.

Looks good though! Time for a lift and bigger tires!
Thanks man, working on the stormtrooper as we speak with the BHLM.
and i couldnt agree more, ill probably get my lift and tires when im at Virginia tech, theres actually places to wheel up there!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #36

Ordered a TRD 3rd brake light sticker from Yota88 on here, great to work with and great product.

Grew the balls to do the BHLM as well, just got the headlights pulled apart today, should have them painted and finished in the next few days.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #37
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ordered a TRD 3rd brake light sticker from Yota88 on here, great to work with and great product.

Grew the balls to do the BHLM as well, just got the headlights pulled apart today, should have them painted and finished in the next few days.
Are those pink shorts?

Not trying to make fun of you, just caught me off guard
Old 06-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Are those pink shorts?

Not trying to make fun of you, just caught me off guard
Nah they're red, but pink is the new black these days hahaha
Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #39
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nah they're red, but pink is the new black these days hahaha
Nah they look like salmon... are you bro-ing?

As long as this never happens it's all good.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
Nah they look like salmon... are you bro-ing?

As long as this never happens it's all good.
Definitely darker than salmon haha, i played lacrosse in high school but most of the bro-ing has left me.