Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

No Money College Build

Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #41
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Got my BHLM done today and they survived the first wash without getting any moisture in them.

right after getting them pulled apart

after a few coats of paint

and back on the truck! theres a few chips in the paint but only noticeable close up.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #42
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Got bored and got some had some paracord left over from a bracelet i made so i wrapped the "oh shit" handles.

Handles:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #43

so took the paracord off the shifter, didnt like how it looked. Also moved to Virginia Tech so had to do some muddin. You can also see the debadge and de pinstripe
Old 08-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Excellent, your build is progressing just like mine, very slowly
Thanks man, lift should be in the next couple of months. Gotta get birthday money first haha
Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #46

notice the missing rear slider...

and now notice the new "window"

story behind this, girlfriend drove me and some friends to a party in my truck and was not drinking. When we were leaving she realized that the keys were locked in the truck.
So instead of calling a locksmith, in our drunken state of mind we tried to slide the rear slider open to crawl in. Using a knife we got through the seal and almost unlatched it and then it shattered everywhere...

So now the whole rear window has to be replaced for around $900

Should still be able to purchase my lift in the next couple weeks though
Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #48

Quote:
fuck... that shit.
pretty much haha, i guess this is why people have savings...

i saw you were planning on going to the steven toyota show? Im hoping some nice members will help me install my lift while im there!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #49
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
pretty much haha, i guess this is why people have savings...

i saw you were planning on going to the steven toyota show? Im hoping some nice members will help me install my lift while im there!
yep, i should be heading that way.

Im sure you'll get help! i dont need a lift at the moment as i just got a bestop supertopper for my dry storage and sleeping purposes.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #50

Quote:
yep, i should be heading that way.

Im sure you'll get help! i dont need a lift at the moment as i just got a bestop supertopper for my dry storage and sleeping purposes.
sweet, it will be cool to meet some members.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #51

New rear glass!!!

Also installed K&N Drop in air filter. Have not driven it yet so I cant say if it feels any different.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #52

Ordered parts for my lift today!!

OME 885 coils
1.5 AAL
1/4 top spacer for drivers side
Strut Stem Cushion and Washer kit

Waiting to see if there will be a group buy for bilstein 5100's for the Steven Toyota and Scion Show and Tell Event.
Hopefully getting it installed at the event too!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #54

Ordered 5100's all around from down south motorsports!
can't wait to get all the parts in the mail and get the lift on
Old 10-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #55
yoda2006 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
yoda2006's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck. Looking forward to the pics with the lift.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda2006 View Post
Good looking truck. Looking forward to the pics with the lift.
Thanks man, I am looking forward to getting the lift on and finding some places to wheel
Old 10-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #57

Went on a little wheelin trip out at Mountain Lake with my buddy and his Jeep, nothing to challenging just some trails through the mountain.

it was a little foggy when we first got there.

by the old club house

my buddy's 05' Jeep grand Cherokee

5100's showed up, waiting on OME 885's to show up, getting the AAL from HomerTaco
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #58

Had a great time at the Steven Toyota and Scion show and tell event.
Got the lift installed while I was there with help from WildcatTaco and lexmedic157 and others whose username I do not know

Best pic i have of the before:

On the lift:

After:

Got it aligned there too but they didn't get it right, gonna go to firestone this week to get it done again. Other than that, it rides really well.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #59

Updated OP
suggestions and critiques welcome
Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #60

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/c...rol-arm-set-2/

Looking at these to fix my alignment issues, anyone know about these? I would rather get these than spend a lot more for uniball when i don't need it. Thanks