Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

No Money College Build

Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
no money college build

Figured I would start one of these because Im bored...

Got my dream truck on August 4th, 2012 and did not have any plans to do anything to it, then I found this site...
2008 Access Cab TRD Rugged Trail Edition

How she sits today

Random pics

Exterior:
De-badge
De-pinstripe
Removed bug deflector
Removed mudflaps
Color-matched front grill
Plasti-dip front emblem
BHLM
TRD third brake light vinyl decal
Custom fishing rod holder
4' RadioShack fiber glass cb antenna mounted to rod holder
RadioShack 4' fiberglass CB antenna
BAMF tailgate CB mount

Interior:
USA-Spec ipod adapter
Custom center console organizer
Cobra 19 DX IV

Suspension:
5100's front and rear
Light racing UCA's
OME 885 coils
1/4 top spacer drivers side
toytec 2in AAL

Armor:
SOS concepts weld on sliders

Performance:
Mangnaflow muffler swap
K&N drop in filter

Eventual Mods:
Tires
Wet Okoles

The day I got her from the Dealer

Stock

Removed bug deflector

Center cnsole organizer

First time loading the bed, leaves and rotten wood

RBP Nerf Bars

Bed xmas lights

Color matched grill
Before:

After:

USA Spec ipod adapter, aux cable ran into center console

Fishing rod holder for the bed
Testing fit

Rattle Canned

Snow

BHLM

Lift

Moving along slowly
rate and tell me what you think
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
nice build dude! You need to get some wheeling pics up! What's your major/year?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
nice build dude! You need to get some wheeling pics up! What's your major/year?
Thanks man!
I really wanna do some wheeling but I don't know where to go haha, not many places near Richmond to go I'm a freshmen doing Business Marketing.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
that's sweet! I'm just about to hop into my senior year for International Business. Remember to take college slow... it's way too fun, especially if you got a tacoma!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck. I didn't have any plans for my truck before I found this site too.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
that's sweet! I'm just about to hop into my senior year for International Business. Remember to take college slow... it's way too fun, especially if you got a tacoma!
nice! From your pics it looks like you have some nice trails to go on, closest trail to me is about 2.5 hours away, hopefully gonna try and go there when I can afford the gas haha
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #7

Ordered a Magnaflow muffler #12256 today, says it should be here April 3rd or 4th and should have it welded on by next week!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #8

Found a place to drive on grass, lame I know, but cant find any places to off road...

Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #9

Got the magnaflow muffler in the mail today, summit racing is great it came in 3 days.

gets welded on next tuesday.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck you got there sir. How about swap for factory smoked OEM headlights from a TRD Sport? I think they look even nicer on a white truck.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Very nice truck you got there sir. How about swap for factory smoked OEM headlights from a TRD Sport? I think they look even nicer on a white truck.
Are you saying you have some to swap?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
Are you saying you have some to swap?
Sorry, I did not phrase that very well. I don't have a set to swap. I was suggesting looking into gettin OEM smoked headlights for your truck if you are nervous about doing BHLM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Sorry, I did not phrase that very well. I don't have a set to swap. I was suggesting looking into gettin OEM smoked headlights for your truck if you are nervous about doing BHLM.
Bummer haha, I have seen some on amazon that are already painted black but I have heard that they have problems with leaking, guess I could just seal them up myself.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
Bummer haha, I have seen some on amazon that are already painted black but I have heard that they have problems with leaking, guess I could just seal them up myself.
Or you could do them yourself.

Check out my build, bear in mind i did retrofit projectors but the BHLM was easy as all hell if all you want to paint is the bezel.

Takes some balls to put those jokers in the oven but thats the worse part lol.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Or you could do them yourself.

Check out my build, bear in mind i did retrofit projectors but the BHLM was easy as all hell if all you want to paint is the bezel.

Takes some balls to put those jokers in the oven but thats the worse part lol.
Yeah yeah I know, I think I could do it but seeing as my dad paid for the truck and I'm still paying him back I don't think the idea of sticking perfectly good headlights in the oven would be appealing to him... I'll give it a go when I get my own apartment next year and I have my own oven. Thanks for the advice though! Always appreciated.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
TuRD TACO
DeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
DeSean Thick's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! i also bought my dream truck in college- I could tell you about all the shit meals you'll be eating, the times you'll have to decide whether to pay rent or your truck payment on time, the extra jobs you'll have to work, and how your school work will suffer because of all of that... but i think i'll just say it sure as hell is worth it! great truck Kevin!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #18

Got the muffler installed today! The only pic i have is of my friend welding it all together. We figured it was easier to un bolt it and remove it then weld it all together and bolt it back up. I'll try to get more pics and a sound clip in the next few days.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #19

got a sound clip tonight, I love the sound. Its not to loud but you know its there, nice and deep sound and opens up in the higher RPM's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYSEDKaey4k?hl=en_US
Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
IluvmyTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
IluvmyTACO's Tacoma Gallery
IMO I would take off the black fender flares if possible! Replace them with color matched ones or just leave them off, I think it will make the truck look way cleaner... Good start OP!