Alrighty, time to get started on my new to me TRD!
Its my first Toyota and im looking forward to enjoying many miles from her
I always do a significant set of maintenance when I acquire a vehicle, this one wont be an exception.
240,000 Actual (thanks to carfax check)
99,000 on the Odometer
New/Low Mileage Engine and Transmission
The previous owner was quite the shady character and had swapped the odometer to try and get a higher value for his truck. It does have a new engine and transmission in it and I plan on doing a lift kit which will replace the main suspension components. I figure with a new engine, transmission, and suspension this truck will be like new aside from the body/frame!
Changed the oil and filter, Mobile 1 5w-30 and OEM Filter w/Washer
Changed the Rear Diff fluid with Castrol 80w-90 + Friction Modifier (TRD Sport has LSD diff)
Fixed the digital compass and temp gauge by re soldering a 510 transistor, referenced in the TW write up!
Picked up some various plastic fastners that were missing, a new foot rest, along with a new gauge cluster clear face. The previous owner cracked it while putting in the different odometer, what a dumbass.
Total detail of the exterior including polish and carnuaba wax.
Replaced a leaking Output Shaft Seal and created a DIY for Tacoma World, can be found in 2nd Gen section.
Ordered Aeroturbine AT2525XL (resonated model) from ebay.
Complete detail of the interior including removal of seats and steam clean of carpets.
Washed the seats thouroughly with a hose and spray attachment, damn those seats were NASTY.
Replaced some more various broken small plastic parts with OEM replacements.
Picked up a quart of WS ATF fluid to top up the tranny after fixing that leaky seal. Im glad I did, it was at least half a quart low from the slow leak.
Used the Tacoma's debug OBD mode and overflow bolt to properly level the ATF fluid.
Lubed the cabin fan motor and installed a carbonized cabin filter
Had my Aero Turbine 2525XL installed with a turn down before the rear axle.
Also stopped by the tint shop and had 40% front windows and 5% glare strip done.
New tires going on!
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in 265/70/17, Load Rating C
Although it was the last on my list of future to do's the Audio System ended up taking priority because the previous owner had removed the front speakers and I was tired of having shitty music in my taco.
Head Unit Pioneer X5500-BHS DDIN
Subwoofer Image Dynamics 10" IDQ10V4D4 (500w rms @ 4 ohm)
Subwoofer Amp Rockford Fosgate R500 (500W rms x 1)
Speakers Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2 (100W rms @ ohms)
Speaker Amp Pioneer PRS-800 (125W rms x 2 @ 4ohm)
Backup Camera TaoTronics Camera
Wiring Kit Rockford Fosgate RFK4D 4 Guage Dual Amplifier kit
Also an AWCS Module to retain OEM steering controls, a scosche dash kit, and a bypass for the head unit so I can watch videos in motion.
Today I managed to get all the doors deadened inside and out using RaamAudio's Raammat and foam sheets.
The back doors i closed up but the fronts are still waiting for the HAT speakers to arrive to be finished.
I ran the 4G power to under the driver seat and then ran 16g speaker wire from there to the front speaker locations, I just a piece of 12 gauge romex and electrical tape to pull the wires through tight spots and the door boots.
It was getting dark as I yanked out the OEM head unit, tomorrow i should be able to get the X5500 installed.
I think both amps will fit under the drivers seat and also I plan on building the sub box on friday or saturday.
Should be finished up by next week.
Built the sub box
FUTURE TO DO'S (In order):
In Channel Window Vents
3" lift with OME Nitro Charger Sports, OME 885 Coils, and OME Dakar Leaf Pack
N-fab step bar