Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

arsolo's build

Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
arsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
arsolo's Tacoma Gallery
arsolo's build

Had my truck for over 2 years now and have been slowly building it up to where I want it so I figured it was time to start a build thread. I dont get out on the trails as much as I like to because of work but love this truck every time I get the chance to go out in it.

Bought in October of 2010 for $17,250:
2005 2.7l Access Cab 4x4 mt w/45,600 miles
What she looked like the day I brought her home:

The Guy I bought it from had put a Revtek spacer lift w/blocks on it, new wheels and tires (Yokohama Geolander M/T 285/75/16), Step bar, bug guard, doug thorely header, K&N intake, as well as a bunch of other stuff all with receipts. He had only put 10,000 miles on it in the three years he owned it and had all the paperwork to prove it. Gotta love rich people who drop money into stuff they hardly drive. Had about $10,000 in receipts from him.

Taking what the previous owner had done in the suspension, I went out with some guys from here and the FJ forums to Naches

Since Then its changed a lot and I've put a bit of money into it. This is the list of what I can remember off the top of my head and not going through all my receipts to list every little thing done

Suspension:
OME Shocks
OME 886 coils
Dessert products upper control arms
Icon 3-piece AAL

Interior/exterior:
Kenwood double din
Shitoshi Grill w/fogs
Weathertech floor mats
Wet okole seat covers
Tinted tail lights
ebay projectors w/HID's
Cobra Cb
Firestick NGP antenna

Performance:
Borla Muffler
Brute Force Front bumper
Brute Force Rear Bumper
Brute Force weld on sliders
Brute Force Skid plates (waiting on them to be finished and shipped)
Smitybilt 10,000 pounds winch
Optima yellow top battery

Still on the "I need money" waiting list:
4.56 gears
ARB lockers
Snorkel
Glassworks fender flares
More will be coming

Repairs so far:
Wheel Bearing
Front axle

Pics:
Suspension

Front end

Front and side view

Out on some trails:

More to come later
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looks good!
whats the deal with the jeep?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
arsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

arsolo's Tacoma Gallery
He went through the puddle or more like a pond and it was a little deeper then he thought it was lol. They were ringing everything out from inside the jeep when we pulled up to them
Old 07-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like those tires? my buddy has had a set for 5 years and they look brand new.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #7

arsolo's Tacoma Gallery
They've been fairly good to me so far and I don't have any complaints about them. They have about 40k on them right now and are definitely starting to show the wear but it's what I expected from m/t so Im not complaining. Haven't decided if Im going to get them again when it comes time to buy new tires though.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking taco, nice color choice btw