Notices

2013 Pyrite Mica build

Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Doug.McKee is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Doug
Doug.McKee's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Pyrite Mica build

Just got my first Tacoma in January and Love it so far. Just had the TRD exhaust put on today and received bedside decals from sockmonkey. I have debadged the tailgate and blacking out the side emblems & the hood emblem. Also, have had the taillights tinted along with 3rd brake light, and side markers.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Somethings Fuckey
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
What else are you planning on doing? Sweet truck BTW.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #3

Army:
Next investment will probably be a intake, not sure which one yet as they do not have one available for the 13' models yet. long term I want to try and put a lift on, although not sure whether I will go with a 3 in or a 6 in lift. I've thought about a supercharger as well long term but we'll see. I also plan to black out the entire interior. When I'm done, I want the truck to be just black/pyrite mica.

I'll post more pics later when I get the chance since I also just got an Extang cover and bed extender.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
Hey now

Old 04-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #5

Army:
Sorry man didn't mean to take the idea off if you. I just thoroughly it would look good with the pyrite mica and the black decals. Thinking about getting a front punisher emblem and a hitch cover as well to keep the theme going.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome , looks good.

Brett
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Weak
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Pyrite Mica's Tacoma Gallery
Some people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
Weak
Rude!

Welcome OP.
I too am in the early stages of a build. The addiction often starts with the smallest of mods. On the other hand, not everyone has the need or desire for heavy mods.
Enjoy your Tacoma (best color by the way) and making it your own.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #10
field76 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
field76's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! Black and pyrite go together IMO.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #12
Dbl0527 is on a distinguished road
Dbl0527's Tacoma Gallery
Have you seen any performance gains from the K&N cold air intake (horsepower, MPG)?
Old 01-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #13

Army:
sorry it took so long to get back. no noticeable gains but I'm sure there are some. I just haven't took the effort to look into it.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #14

Army:
I just installed a Perforated mesh grill from http://www.customcargrills.com. This took an afternoon to install and took a lot of trial and error to make the insert fit.

I also installed the bushwacker fender flares this weekend. I decided to keep them black and thought it looked pretty good with the pyrite mica. This install took me about a full day to do.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #15
Upsblaine has a spectacular aura aboutUpsblaine has a spectacular aura about

Name: Blaine
Upsblaine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug.McKee View Post
I just installed a Perforated mesh grill from http://www.customcargrills.com. This took an afternoon to install and took a lot of trial and error to make the insert fit.

I also installed the bushwacker fender flares this weekend. I decided to keep them black and thought it looked pretty good with the pyrite mica. This install took me about a full day to do.

Looks good! Did the mesh come pre-bent? Is that flat black or gloss?
Old 01-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #17
Wassup Buttercup?
CowgirlSam1987 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
CowgirlSam1987's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck man! Same as mine, but you are farther along than me.
So, I feel like I'm asking a stupid question, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else, but how do you remove the white emblems off the bed? Do you just peel them off? Any special tricks?
Thanks.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #18

Army:
Personally I got a hair dryer and heated up the surrounding area. After a minute or two try peeling it off slowly, making sure you don't use any sharp objects to force it off. This will scratch the paint. Once they are off there will be some adhesive left over. Try getting as much off with your hand as possible. Once done use a bug and tar remover to get rest for a smooth finish or goo be gone.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #19
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Love the look of the Bushwackers black on the Pyrite Mica!

We are in the process of building our Pyrite Mica right now, one of our favorite colors!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...and-build.html

Good luck with your build!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #20

Army:
Decided to trade my mine in for a 4X4

something just did not sit well with me about having a 2WD truck, so I traded in for this.