Notices

Been lurking for a year, here's my build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
evilbit is on a distinguished road
Name: Emir
evilbit's Tacoma Gallery
Been lurking for a year, here's my build

This forum has been a tremendous resource for me as I made build decisions in the last year since I got this truck. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful, and for maintaining such a positive community.

Here's few phone shots of my truck (check out the sidebar for list of major mods). I live in Utah and go on extended weekend trips, mainly southern Utah but also Wyoming, Idaho). I'm itching to do something longer, perhaps down to Mexico and on to South America, or north to Canada, maybe Alaska.

Big 3.5" stainless steel bolts mounted on the bullbar are used to mount the HiLift Jack.

Relocated clutch start cancel button allowed for a neat bank of ARB switches.

Mechless JVC stereo unit with BT; I love 3G + Pandora, tho it's a bummer tag display doesn't work with Android (only iPhones, it seems). Also got a nice new cubby with a single head unit.

I also got an outdoor winter carpet roll which fit neatly over folded jump seats in the back. Went to Home Depot and got a roll that roughly corresponded to the folded seat area (I forget now what it was). I had to cut off maybe 6" piece off one end and cut a few slits to stabilize it on the existing seat back hardware. That's where I keep my recovery bag (gloves, tow strap, tree saver, snatch block, shackles, tire inflation/deflation kit, etc), a light plastic storage box with random stuff (extra winter gear, shopping bags, pump up kit, etc), and that's where the dog rides, too (you see her poking out behind the front in one of the shots).

I'm getting rock sliders next (trying to get in on a demello group buy).

After that I plan on building a bed platform and a storage solution (under the platform, as well as tie down points for top side), with perhaps a pull out table. I also daydream of a roof basket with 2 full size spare wheels, and a long range tank conversion in the original spare space. Maybe dual battery relocation setup. More armor. Relocating winch solenoid to under the hood. Snorkel, breathers, sealing the winch, and other wading prep.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't see the links to pic's on my tapatalk.. Nice build! Embed the pics man
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
The more i see that ARB bumper the more it burns my wallet to not have it.

Subbed
Old 04-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
damn good looking rig man!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build, very functional. Good looking tires and bumper. The carpet on the rear seats was a good idea, might be doing that myself. Thanks for the idea.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Damn nice truck..
Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
That is a very sick build you got there! Lurking has definitely paid off for you huh?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build. I have to admit that the ARB has been on my wish list for a while. What's your wheel/tire/spacer setup? Looks like a good climber.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
evilbit is on a distinguished road
Name: Emir
evilbit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwind View Post
Nice build. I have to admit that the ARB has been on my wish list for a while. What's your wheel/tire/spacer setup? Looks like a good climber.
ARB is the s...tuff. The only thing of theirs I was disappointed with was the tire deflator - the gauge looked really cheap and was off by like 50%! Thanks to Amazon Prime, I returned it right away. On board air (CKMA12) is a really nice thing as I can readily deflate down to 12psi for the trail and bring it back up to 45psi for the road within minutes.

Tires are Cooper Discoverer S/T 255/85/R16 on Pro Comp Series 87 16x8 (6 on 5.5 bolt) steelie with 3.75 backspace. I really wanted the Series 52 but they can't clear Tacoma's brakes.

I think the 4.56 gears do more for the climbing ability than anything else

Products Discussed in this Thread