Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

best looking plate bumper build

Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
mightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kelby
mightytacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Talking best looking plate bumper build

Ok maybe im completely biased on this matter but it does look pretty amazing. im so happy with how it turned out. also i gotta give credit where it is due- this bumper build was influenced alot by brute force billy's bumpers. so without further a due... here is how it began.
the initial draw up in the CAD program im lucky enough to have an great friend with more shop tools then i would ever know what to do with- ex: plasma cutter/table/ CAD program

a couple days working in the cad and we have this after

then i go a while and forget, that taking pics along the way is important so here it is a couple weeks later
me holding it

cuts filled in with weld and ground smooth

here it is after the loops were added.

rented a pipe bender and kept crushing the pipes. so ended up using a rounder i think is what he called it. anyways hours later the pipe is shaped
feel free to give any advice on better/quicker ways to bend this stuff.. literally hours...

time to get finialized.
here she is after being galvanized but before the powder coat
and then we got her home (a very long week of waiting i might add)

this shows the finish the best (copper vein its called) goes great on the green truck

added 35W HID fogs

note how tight the fit is, we didnt plan on it being this tight by any means but of course we neglected to think about the mill thickness of it being galvanized and powder coated
the logo

thats it for now. please tell me what you think.
one more thing, this was built for my dads truck nothing like a father son project.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome work! Working on designing my own now!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
A-Team
Gimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Could just imagine all the work that went into it
Old 04-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
love the finish.
good work man.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
Tacomayco
Tacomayco will become famous soon enoughTacomayco will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Tacomayco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweeet!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That is sick! I'm partial to Diamond myself
Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
Epic! Very nicely done. I need some friends loaded with cool tools.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Outstanding ! I just bought a hoyt carbon element! Hoyt 4 life!
Way to make CAD concept a reality , nice job!

Az
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
it makes it that much more cool to me, that its your own creation. great job.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #14
m1k3gentile is on a distinguished road
Navy: AM
Name: Mike
m1k3gentile's Tacoma Gallery
That came out fucking awesome!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of compounds, but a damn fine bumper nonetheless
Old 04-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 02-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #19
Baja1981 is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlus
Baja1981's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man. Very nice.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #20
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Very Cool!