Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My "LAST TRD" build

Old 04-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
My "LAST TRD" build

So finally got some free time to do a write up for what I call my Last TRD. I've had more cars than I can remember in my 20's and as I got closer to my 30's I spent more money than I can remember on various cars so i decided I needed to grow up and keep 1 car till I at least pay it off.

Sold this baby (would have been payed off long time ago if i kept it)

Got this next (lasted 4 months in it and lost my ass selling it)

This was next and built the ish out of it but made it too big for my daily driver

And this is me now (for a while too)

2012 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Long Bed
Paid $34.2K OTD
Mods to date roughly $10k

Suspension:
*Front: Icon standard coil overs with King's 650lb springs, Total Chaos upper control arms, 1/2 inch Toytec spacer on driver side to fix famous Taco lean
*Rear: Icon 2.5 piggyback reservoir shocks (normally used on 4Runners), ALL-Pro standard leaf pack, U-Bolt flip kit, ALL-Pro extended brake lines

Wheels/Tires:
*Walker Evans with simulated Beadlocks (all 5 rims) 17 X 8.5, 4.5 backspacing, and 0 offset
*BFG ALL Terrain 285/70/17
*ALL-Pro 1.25 wheel spacers in the front only

Armor:
Demello weld on sliders with no kickout
Road Armor rear bumper
Pelfrey skids (IFS, Transmission, Transfer case)

Engine:
AirRaid intake
TRD Supercharger
TRD exhaust
URD Stealth 2.85 pulley
URD Fuel Pump kit
TTC Performance oil catch can

Interior:
3M carbon fiber wrap on window switches only

Misc:
N-Fab tire carrier and Hi-lift jack with ATO bed mounts
BHLM
GRilleCraft upper mesh
Turned off DRL's to avoid melting the lenses
SlimCubby 4300 HID Kit

My wish list:
Projector Headlights
Pelfrey front bumper
Re-gearing front and rear to 4.88's
Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man! I'm jealous of your roof racks haha I need to get some soon.

I did some carbon fiber wrap on some interior parts a few months ago and I'm baffled at how smooth you got the wrap to tuck in under the window regulators. Mine looked so bad I cut it off at the bend.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetime27 View Post
Good looking truck man! I'm jealous of your roof racks haha I need to get some soon.

I did some carbon fiber wrap on some interior parts a few months ago and I'm baffled at how smooth you got the wrap to tuck in under the window regulators. Mine looked so bad I cut it off at the bend.
a lot of cussing, time and burnt finger tips. I used a hairdryer and got the film as hot as I could for it to form on the contours. The spots in between the actual switches I did cut them up into small pieces
Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Fireguy25 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jason
Fireguy25's Tacoma Gallery
Question Guages?

Beautiful truck! Really like what you have done with it.

Curious about what guages you are using to monitor the SC and what kind of headaches you went through installing them? Do you like the mount you are using for the guages.

Also is the URD pully worth it on the SC?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy25 View Post
Beautiful truck! Really like what you have done with it.

Curious about what guages you are using to monitor the SC and what kind of headaches you went through installing them? Do you like the mount you are using for the guages.

Also is the URD pully worth it on the SC?
installing the gauges was straight forward and about the only tough part was removing the pass. side exhaust manifold to have the bung welded in.

As far as the URD pulley I can't say for sure since the supercharger I purchased was used and already had the pulley installed so I have nothing to base off of
Old 04-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Great looking truck man!
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice! DCLB FTW.
^^
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
MGMAddict is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
MGMAddict's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man.Are you running spacers for look or clearance?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMAddict View Post
Great looking truck man.Are you running spacers for look or clearance?
I'm only running a spacer on the driver side to fix the taco "lean" so I don't have to crank the shit out of the coil over. Even with the spacer I'm still almost 1/2 inch shorter compared to the pass. side
Old 04-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
Searcher & Lurker
veronatii is on a distinguished road
Name: Spencer
veronatii's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck! An inspiration for mine.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that truck is so freaking nice! AWSOME work bub, lovin the set up. Do you have 14" coils?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Damn that truck is so freaking nice! AWSOME work bub, lovin the set up. Do you have 14" coils?
Appreciate that! Ya, the springs are 14'' so I wouldn't have to crank the coil overs so much
Old 04-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job man looks great. Does your hilift rattle at all?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #17
MGMAddict is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
MGMAddict's Tacoma Gallery
I ment hub spacers
Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
Appreciate that! Ya, the springs are 14'' so I wouldn't have to crank the coil overs so much
Ya I need to order myself some cause I have a lot of preload already on mine and I still might add an arb bumper
Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #19
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik View Post
Awesome job man looks great. Does your hilift rattle at all?
Thanks! That's your old intake too. Ya, I just noticed it rattles from time to time I'm probably gonna just buy the clamps to mount it to my tire carrier
Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #20
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMAddict View Post
I ment hub spacers
Clearance, with the 4.5 back spacing the caliper would touch the rim under certain driving conditions