LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

AleGav's Baja Build Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
AleGav's Baja Build Thread

Well since I have been inspired by many others build threads I decided to make my own. Nothing drastic has been done yet but I have done a few mods to stand out from the rest. (Not really just another black Tacoma )

Interior:
LED interior lights from CSjumper. Went with the white LEDS for maximum light output. Night and day difference. Inexpensive mod and would recommend to anyone.
Rear view mirror relocation bracket
Kenwood TM-281A Race radio and NMO Diamond antenna

Exterior:
2500K HID's for my fog lights from CSJumper
ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor, 20ft hose

Armor:
Front and mid skids by Pelfreybuilt
Front Plate Bumper by Pelfreybuilt

Suspension Front:
Suspension - Baja Edition
TRD Bilstein 9100
Wheelers front Super Bump stops

Suspension Rear:
TRD Bilstein 5160's

Future mods:
Pelfreybilt Sliders
Warn VR10000s Winch
20" SR-Series Rigid Industries LED Flood/Spot Combo
Rigid Industry Duallies LED White Flood

Cobra 75wxst
Mounted in the glove box

Rear view mirror relocation

Kenwood TM 281A

Onboard Air

Front Plate Bumper

Old 04-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
reserved for pics
Old 04-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Good start
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
really nice rig man, color matched grill will really set it off. . how about some pics of your cb location and mic location.. thats something ive been wanting to do.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Good start
Thank you!!! Apprectaie the kind words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
really nice rig man, color matched grill will really set it off. . how about some pics of your cb location and mic location.. thats something ive been wanting to do.
Yes, I have to take some interior shots i'll be sure to include those also!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Look what I got!! Air compressor and pump up kit. I was going to run a tank but decided not to. This will take 37's from 0-36psi in less than 2 mins. So filling up my 265's is going to be cake

Old 05-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
Clean looking truck
Thanks you!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #9
Anthonyjames is on a distinguished road
Anthonyjames's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck. I have a 2013 trd offroad and I'm trying to get it to sit at the same height as the baja. Do you know what exactly I'd have to do to my truck? I know your truck comes with 66mm front and 50mm back bilstein shocks. But I can't find those anywhere. Any ideas?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest with you I think you have to "Know" someone to order the parts off the baja since they don't sell them as "upgrades" I think the rears can be ordered but the fronts are a different story. I know is an Eibach #650 spring. If you wanted to go the cheap route you could just get a 2 inch spacer (but I don't recommend that if you're going to off road) otherwise I would look into a decent mid travel setup from Fox, Icon or King. I'll see if I can find some part number for ya on what I have.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyjames View Post
nice looking truck. I have a 2013 trd offroad and I'm trying to get it to sit at the same height as the baja. Do you know what exactly I'd have to do to my truck? I know your truck comes with 66mm front and 50mm back bilstein shocks. But I can't find those anywhere. Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
To be honest with you I think you have to "Know" someone to order the parts off the baja since they don't sell them as "upgrades" I think the rears can be ordered but the fronts are a different story. I know is an Eibach #650 spring. If you wanted to go the cheap route you could just get a 2 inch spacer (but I don't recommend that if you're going to off road) otherwise I would look into a decent mid travel setup from Fox, Icon or King. I'll see if I can find some part number for ya on what I have.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ause-baja.html

Old 07-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
I knew I saw a thread about this, I think I even commented in it haha. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!!! Same to you
Old 12-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What's new in here? Any updates?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh you caught me haha ya I have to get pics if my onboard air setup, bed light bar installed and my new radio I'll take some pics this weekend and update!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #17
RSDeuce is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
RSDeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, sweet ride. I just bought a '14 Off Road and the mods you have are the exact direction I want to take my truck.

Quick question, is that the "ImMrYo" mirror relocation kit? I am 6'3" and the first thing I did while test driving was think "I have got to move this thing up." However, the guy has only posted 5 times (last time in 2012) and I haven't been able to figure out if he is active and still making them. If it is another kit, where did you get it?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #18
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDeuce View Post
Hey man, sweet ride. I just bought a '14 Off Road and the mods you have are the exact direction I want to take my truck.

Quick question, is that the "ImMrYo" mirror relocation kit? I am 6'3" and the first thing I did while test driving was think "I have got to move this thing up." However, the guy has only posted 5 times (last time in 2012) and I haven't been able to figure out if he is active and still making them. If it is another kit, where did you get it?

Thanks

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the kind words. That is the same kit. I think if you PM him he'll get back to you on the details. That's what I did.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
RSDeuce is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
RSDeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.

I just noticed you are in SD. Same here. I am moving to Seattle sometime next month but have an itch to use my truck a bit while I am here. As a former BMW owner I have no idea what is good for off-roading in these parts.

I know the desert and sand dunes are the main thing it seems, but I grew up more of a forest-trail and rock-crawler in Colorado. Any ideas where I should think of taking the truck this weekend?

Also, I mountain-bike. I think combining the two would be a good time. I usually go to Mission Trails, which is good for biking but not so much for anything off-road in a truck.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #20
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
Look what I got!! Air compressor and pump up kit. I was going to run a tank but decided not to. This will take 37's from 0-36psi in less than 2 mins. So filling up my 265's is going to be cake

since you have the compressor are you going to get a front locker???

Btw where did you mount it?