LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

2013 04 super white build by z33c

Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #21
z33c is on a distinguished road
z33c's Tacoma Gallery

fixed this while we were under there. this banks exhaust fit great except this rear section. the hanger was on the wrong way and the tip pointed towards the ground. now its hung and sits nice and neat on the rear side.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
z33c's Tacoma Gallery

now the problems i am having with the truck.
1: getting a shake in the steering wheel around 40mph. i think its due to the shit they put in the tires to balance them out. its some liquid shit. and i want to take it out and balance them with weights.

2: we could not make alignment in the front. its out by just a little bit.

3: its rubbing in the front on both sides when i turn all the way to left and right and hit bumps.

if anyone has any ideas on these 3 problems please drop me a line on this.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33c View Post

now the problems i am having with the truck.
1: getting a shake in the steering wheel around 40mph. i think its due to the shit they put in the tires to balance them out. its some liquid shit. and i want to take it out and balance them with weights.

2: we could not make alignment in the front. its out by just a little bit.

3: its rubbing in the front on both sides when i turn all the way to left and right and hit bumps.

if anyone has any ideas on these 3 problems please drop me a line on this.
If the hub bore of your wheels are 108mm and since the tacomas are 106 this might lead to your shake at 40. You can get a hub centric ring to fix this so the wheel is perfectly centered on the hub.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #24
z33c's Tacoma Gallery
i guess you really have to love cars to go thru thru shit. you make one mod to have 3 more problems. so in this new quest of solving these new problems that have come up. i have noticed that the shifting and speedo are both off now. speedo is off by 5mph. so after a bunch of research i found the hypertune 730117 speedo recalibrator. this is suppose to correct the speed for the computer. by programming the new wheel and tire size to make the changes. the part is on order now. once i receive it in i am going to install right away to see if i can solve this problem to.

as far as the tire shake and steering wheel shake. i have centric rings that are going on. as well as that liquid shit out of the tires and have them balance them with weights. i am hoping that this will take care of these problems i am having now.

if anyone has any other info to solve any of these please feel free to chime in here. thanks.....
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #25
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Forget the taco, MOAR SUPRA!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #26
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33c View Post
You're running 33" tires so you are getting some rubbing on the cab mount on the frame.

There's a great thread with pictures and everything... I couldn't find it again. But if you look a lot of people do it.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #28
z33c's Tacoma Gallery
im running 35"s. ok so im not the only one having these problems. well this is a little more comforting now. well fuck it. nothing like taking the chop saw to a brand new car. HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA. something about this just never sits right.

more supra? 9 of them in the garage. more taco!!! together it could be supra taco.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #29
z33c's Tacoma Gallery
the wheel shake problem has been taken care of. rebalance with weights. and centric rings. and we are good on that now.

ok so funny story on this truck. pull up to the gas station and the cops roll up on me. creep around. and i get the head nod like what up. great!!!! hey the truck looks nasty! 6 or 8 inch lift? ummmm 6 inch lift. "not allowed in mass. either 3 inch up or down" wow it looks so good. 33 tires. ummmm no 35 tires. well with the fender flares it looks good! yes but they rub a little bit. does not matter it looks so good. have a nice night sir. well thank you officer. OOOOOO too good.

i guess this is how you know your doing it right! never have done a truck before. it was always supras 350z's and evo's this was the first truck i have ever done. and every where i go i get thumbs up and the head nods left and right. shit to be honest i was scared to lift it because the cops don't give brakes out here. straight on it. but looks like they have truck love. if you ask me me thats some racist shit!! ticket supras evo's 350z's but truck love. maybe i was in the wrong game this whole time. but nothing moves like a 2jz!!!

any ways next upgrade is some avid front and rear bumpers. i think i am going to spray them with undercoating to protect them good. but if any one has better ideas please drop a line.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
z33c's Tacoma Gallery
also can someone tell me what i might benefit from changing the rear end gears to 456? i do a fair amount of towing. will this help? also i am waiting on the reprogrammer for the speedo witch also can reprogram for those rear end gears. someone please chime in on this and other problems here. thanks every one..........
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #31
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, nice setup.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #32
z33c's Tacoma Gallery
hypertech speedo recalibrate worked to fix the speedo being off. the only thing i ran into was i have to convert the tire size to program it right. if you enter 35 as the tire size. you find yourself on the highway doing 70 and your truck speedo says 40. not exactly moving in the right direction here. but when converted and entered right it will get it right.

Products Discussed in this Thread