Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

LadyTaco's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
True Blonde O:)
LadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really nice

Name: Heather
LadyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
LadyTaco's Build

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, my first mod was changing my whole ride entirely... ...So in September 2010 I did some selling and buying.

I sold my first car, an 03 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4x4 (a.k.a. Money pit )

Minus having to replace everything but the engine, she was so much fun. I didn't get much for it, but it was a nice amount to help with a down payment

Then, I bought a new 11 Tacoma TRD Sport (a.k.a. LadyTaco)
[Stock]

I swear those sun spots were not photoshopped... it was just a magical moment aawwweee ...

So for the minor mods:

OEM Roof rack, EGR in channel rain gaurds, OEM step bar (later removed), front window tint, and a tonneau tri fold bed cover

McGaurd tailgate lock

TRD tag thingie-mejig

D Cell flashlight mount (plus Husky floor liners)

AA flashlight mount (Organizers made with Nature Valley Granola Bar boxes )

TRD Shift Knob

**EDIT 6/3/2013**

Got my light bar in, powder coated and mounted. Thanks to Brandon at Avid Off Road + Jeff and Brian at Live Wire Powder Coating!!

My Dad and I built a shovel mount from Benson X's write up. It was a lot of fun to make and turned out great. I've painted it black but haven't snapped another shot yet. The shovel is my size .

Did the Washable Cabin Air Filter mod by 05Moose

**EDIT 6/3/2013**

Removed my step bar

**EDIT 11/6/2014**

Finally got my BFGs... 265/70R17 on Stock Suspension and a Billet Style 14" ANTENNA

Flag Pole Mount...Here are my notes (don't laugh )

Materials and Assembly

Then I sanded and spray painted...One happy flier ( ARRRGGGHHHH

Cell Phone Mount
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's still no where near all the other amazing trucks on here!!

Future Mods in Mind:
Power Sliding Rear Window
TRD Exhaust
Small lift or level
Bed liner (plus lock Mod)

THANKS EVERYONE!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
mosier4x4 is on a distinguished road
mosier4x4's Tacoma Gallery
sweet ride! love the maglite setup on the seat
Old 04-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Is it my imagination or did your truck get lowered at some point?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build! Non Photoshopped sun spots lol!!
I gotta do both those mag lite mods in my truck.
Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to buy one of the mcgaurd tailgate locks on amazon but read in the reviews that it didn't work on the tacoma's, obviously that not true. Did you have to do anything to get it to work?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
LadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really niceLadyTaco is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosier4x4 View Post
sweet ride! love the maglite setup on the seat
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTacoma View Post
Looking good.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
Nice truck. Is it my imagination or did your truck get lowered at some point?
Well, I'm seeing what you're seeing but I have not had my truck lowered... What it more than likely is, is that I'm a shitty photographer and decided that holding the camera at a downward angle was a smart idea The street angles down too, but not sure if that's contributing to the effect... I will try to take a better shot of it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Awesome build! Non Photoshopped sun spots lol!!
I gotta do both those mag lite mods in my truck.
Thanks for the reminder.
Ya welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by david2011sr5 View Post
I was going to buy one of the mcgaurd tailgate locks on amazon but read in the reviews that it didn't work on the tacoma's, obviously that not true. Did you have to do anything to get it to work?
Well, the issue that folks are having with it is this:

So you can see, that it pushes the gate out just a little so it's not even when closed anymore. I'm not sure if this will cause issues over time, but it is so minor (cosmetically) that I don't mind for now (another reason to get a Dremel ). As long as you tighten it down and position it correctly, the gate moves with ease and latches as it did before without the lock on. I hope that helps
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well, I'm seeing what you're seeing but I have not had my truck lowered... What it more than likely is, is that I'm a shitty photographer and decided that holding the camera at a downward angle was a smart idea The street angles down too, but not sure if that's contributing to the effect... I will try to take a better shot of it again.
That might be it. I thought maybe the previous owner may have lowered it. I was mainly looking at where the tires are compared to where the top of the wheel well is. It's dark, so that could have something to do with it.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
That might be it. I thought maybe the previous owner may have lowered it. I was mainly looking at where the tires are compared to where the top of the wheel well is. It's dark, so that could have something to do with it.
Well I'm now wondering if my mechanic is playing tricks on me and lowered it because I am the original owner SICK JOKE!!!! That, or it's getting old and gravity is taking its toll. LOL No no, I'm just a bad photo taker.

I would love to lift it just a hair but need to do tons more research on that. I know zip about lift kits, etc.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTaco View Post
Well I'm now wondering if my mechanic is playing tricks on me and lowered it because I am the original owner SICK JOKE!!!! That, or it's getting old and gravity is taking its toll. LOL No no, I'm just a bad photo taker.

I would love to lift it just a hair but need to do tons more research on that. I know zip about lift kits, etc.
Good lookin truck, glad to see you are enjoying it!

Get that thing lifted haha, everyone loves lifted trucks haha.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #11
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Welcome, you been busy Very nice! looks good. Kool mods Keep it up
Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Good lookin truck, glad to see you are enjoying it!

Get that thing lifted haha, everyone loves lifted trucks haha.
Thank you! Lifts really do catch an eye, I can't deny it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
Wow! Welcome, you been busy Very nice! looks good. Kool mods Keep it up
Thank you!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
007Taco

Quote:

Oh! Insert foot in mouth!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Well, the issue that folks are having with it is this:

So you can see, that it pushes the gate out just a little so it's not even when closed anymore. I'm not sure if this will cause issues over time, but it is so minor (cosmetically) that I don't mind for now (another reason to get a Dremel ). As long as you tighten it down and position it correctly, the gate moves with ease and latches as it did before without the lock on. I hope that helps [/QUOTE] ah, I see. I doubt that would give you any problems but to make sure I'd buy the dremel
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #16
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Lol @ the liberty. Surprised on the engine front, their usually pretty crap like everything else on those rolling turds.

Nice upgrade. Should consider some seat covers in the future.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Lol @ the liberty. Surprised on the engine front, their usually pretty crap like everything else on those rolling turds.

Nice upgrade. Should consider some seat covers in the future.
Rolling turds! Bahaha! I definitely like the looks of the Wet Okoles I see everyone sporting!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #18
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rolling turds! Bahaha! I definitely like the looks of the Wet Okoles I see everyone sporting!
Keep an eye on the Group Buy section. WO deals are pretty common, seem to be a few per year.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
jgunccrugby is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jgunccrugby's Tacoma Gallery
Good start!

Products Discussed in this Thread