Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Fire's Toy

Old 02-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Fire's Toy

Ok so this may take awhile for me to get through what has already been done but bear with me.

so in the beginning i brought home a brand new 07 double cab short bed in the sport trim. originally i built it up as a "street" machine with no intentions of even taking it on a dirt road. the original mod list included OME 885 coils with Nitro struts, total chaos UCA's, bilstein rear shocks and alcan AAL. also added the diff. drop spacers, extended rear brake lines, and 3 deg. rear axle shims. i mounted up a set of moto metal 951's in 18x9 wrapped in nitto terra grapplers. also had the front windows tinted down a bit, added the extang trifold tonneau cover, cleared the headlights, c2c headlight "eyelids", led 3rd brake light w/ smoked lens, new taillights, replaced all exterior bulbs with leds and sylvania silverstar ultra headlights and fog lights. also added a 5pc. billet grill.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks great man!!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
truck looks great man!!
oh... just wait.... lol
Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
damn that looks good!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
that decides it for me. i'm getting a lift asap.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
that truck looks great
Old 02-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
and as for the interior. well first i added the sound system. started off with a kenwood 7019 dvd player with xm, and ipod adapter. this was coupled to a JL 500/1 amp driving two 10" elemental design 11kv subs, and an eclipse XA4000 4 channel amp driving pioneer premier TS-C720PRS componets up front and pioneer premier TS-D601P 2ways in the rear doors. speakers were mounted using Mr. Marv adapters. the entire cab recieved multiple layers of elemental design sound deadning. i then changed out all leds in the instrument cluster to blue and made the gauge needles white.

notice the white needle. this was done on all the needles.

stereo install.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
Pro60 has a spectacular aura aboutPro60 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
Pro60's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! What are the dimensions for your tires in the first post..
Old 02-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro60 View Post
looks good! What are the dimensions for your tires in the first post..
if memory serves me they were 285/60 R18
Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
now once i made it to this point i was satisfied with the truck. it remained untouched for several months. until it snowed last winter, and i decided to go play! well i ended up sliding backwards into a tree and smashing up the rear bumper. so since i dont believe in replacing weak parts with more weak parts i had a rear bumper custom built. it was a bolt on replacement that served very well!

Old 02-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #13
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
this started the need to return to offroading. obviously some of the parts installed were "ideal" to be out on the trails with. first to go were the wheels and tires. i replaced them with Mickey Thompson classic locks in 16x8 wrapped in Mickey Thompson MTZ's in 285/75 R16. this setup is still on the truck today and has served extremely well in all conditions, and the wheels have stood up to quite a beating.

also note the new TRD decals courtesy of Sockmonkey!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #14
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so since your gonna make me spend a lot of money your gonna help me right?? haha lol. But seriously. I am ordering my lift soon cause of your truck.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #15
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
so since your gonna make me spend a lot of money your gonna help me right?? haha lol. But seriously. I am ordering my lift soon cause of your truck.
glad to have a positive effect!! seriously though i was extremely happy with the original setup, kinda miss it actually. but what it is now is so much more fun!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #16

im a prerunner so i don't need to worry about offroading. did you sell those wheels and tires you had on your original set up?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im a prerunner so i don't need to worry about offroading. did you sell those wheels and tires you had on your original set up?
yea, they live on with another tacoma.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #18

well darn....did you have any after market uca's with that original set up?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #19
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well darn....did you have any after market uca's with that original set up?
AH HA! i knew i would forget something. yea i was running Total Chaos UCA's. i'll add that to the other post.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #20

darn......those things are so damned expensive.