Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TF's 2013 AC build

Old 04-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
troutfinger is on a distinguished road

troutfinger's Tacoma Gallery
TF's 2013 AC build

Well, here begins another obsession... or rather a continuance of an old obsession. But I recently found myself in the position to acquire a new 2013 access cab, I have to thank the folks of this website (and a couple others) for the information on this site, fantastic folks and great information.... and also a black hole for my $$$, but life is short so enjoy what you can.

So begins my build, I picked up a stock 2013 AC, ordered Mar 5th/2013... I had the dealership bring in a 3 inch OME lift, rear 2" AAL and firestone ride rite rear air bags. I wanted those on the truck before I even saw it, during our negotiations they "advised" me that it was best if they installed the first round of goodies.... i was skeptical but they did a great job.
Here is pickup the new pickup day:

A pic of her and our 1987 which we have loved for longer than I remember...

The first drive 04/24/2013, took her down to the Bow River for a photo shoot:

Current shot taken 11/15/2013:

Mod list:
- 285/70R17 BFG KM2's
- Fuel Boost off road rims in 17"
- Firestone ride-rite air load bags
- OME 3" lift w/886 coils
- Rear 2" AAL
- Taco sill protectors
- Weather Tech floor mats
- Softopper in black
- End gate pop and lock
- Taco bed mat
- Sockmonkey 3rd brake light in toy devil horns
- Tinted side windows, 50% small sides, 25% front sides.
- Rear diff breather re-located to the truck bed storage box
- ARB front bumper/WARN XD9000 rebuilt
- Wet Okoles
- Tekonsha P2 Brake controller
- TJM X-ray vision 220 HID's
- Andres Devil horns grill emblem
- Ultra gauge V1.2 installed top left of windscreen
- ImMrYo rear view mirror bracket (this is by far one of the best mods done to the truck!!)
- B.A.M.F. sliders
- Airflow Snork
- Custom bed rack for roof top tent mount/max trax/shovel/axe mounts...
- CrusinOffRoad rear bumper
- Custom TRD graphic by me.

The wish list and to do:
- Get rid of those POS mudflaps and replace with something off road friendly... or just cut down the OEM ones!
- Skid plates...
- On board air, ARB 12V hi-output just have to install.
- Dual batteries

Thanks for having a look! :-)
*list will be updated as bank account empties...
Old 04-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
X2, looks great
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #4

Thanks fellow enthusiasts, she is on her way!
Cheers
Old 05-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the buy Bro.
I have one same color but double cab.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #7

Thanks Gents,
Loving the BFG's so far... 550Km's on the them (and the truck) so far. They handle very nice, not too noisy since they are new, they will get louder as they wear for sure. I can't say yet how they are off-road but on-road they have been one of the nicer MT type tire I have ever had...
Got the windows tinted yesterday, looks supa-nice! 50% on the small side windows and 25% on the front sides. BAMF sliders on order and getting ready to pull the trigger on a front winch bumper... might tackle the diff breather mod this weekend... lots of stuff to do before I take her out to the mountains fishing end of June!

Krob32, thanks for the input on the mudflaps, nice choice, I will add them to the short list... so far it has the Husky liners, and the pro-fits... but I would like a flap that is at least 11 inches wide and it seems they are very hard to find for these trucks.

Andres: Loving the color mate, can't wait to get the emblem your tooling up for me!! ;-)
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Love the wheels! Every time I see them I can't believe how much they are though
Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #9

Thanks Nick, they were kinda spendy but the stinging will go away over time! :-)
Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
Krob32, thanks for the input on the mudflaps, nice choice, I will add them to the short list... so far it has the Husky liners, and the pro-fits... but I would like a flap that is at least 11 inches wide and it seems they are very hard to find for these trucks.
autoanything.com i think it is cre has mudflaps you can get wide and long
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #12

Managed to get some time under the truck this past weekend and checked off the rear diff breather mod. I followed this chap as I really liked the location... I couldn't improve on his excellent DIY instructions, top notch!

Next step, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the snork and front bumper... and possibly some skids....
Cheers,
TF
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
diff breather mod: yeah, good if you're doing much water crossing.
All old land cruiser axles are like that, frnot and rear.

I don't know what the Taco front diff has, but you oughta check.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #14

The front diff is factory located up inside the engine bay already. :-)
~TF
Old 05-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
It could still have a breather somewhere; it needs one, and, the engine bay isn't a sealed place....fwiw.
As I said, I don't know for sure.
I've only had mone a few months, just got done with the lift kit, and haven't looked at that kinda thing as I haven't had it out in water.

yet.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
looks great, love that MGM. What did you do to prevent rubbing those tires on the UCA?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Talk about not wasting any time...!

Man I love MGM as well. That would be my color choice for a 2nd for sure! Im going to keep an eye out on this thread.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
looks great, love that MGM. What did you do to prevent rubbing those tires on the UCA?
My tires did not rub on the UCA's at all... they did rub on the plastic forward facing flap which I bent with the heat gun so it's out of the way. So tires fit perfectly with that lift...
Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #19

So over the last few days I have been working at installing my ARB bumper on the rig, very straight forward install, thanks to the expedition portal write up (a search on this site will reveal a bunch of info)... I do have to comment on the "mess'O'bolts" that ARB just slapped into a bag and called it good. This was by far the most time consuming and biggest PITA about this install. But I digress... on to the photos!
Not much to really add to the topic other than mine being a Canadian gurl, she has a block heater plug port on the factory bumper. It's rather unique as it's just a port they drilled into the factory bumper and they give you a heater cord that plugs into the port then into your standard 110 socket. In order to get it out of the bumper one must unplug from the block, feed it all the way back thru the bumper and reverse into the new bumper after finding a place to put it. Mine I decided to put it into the new ARB fog/signal light valence.

Aside from that I also have to comment about cutting the OEM bumper skin... Piece of cake and does make the installed bumper look that much more proper IMO... a nice jig-saw and fine blade and you don't even have to de-burr the cut!

Aside from all that not a terrible install at all... now to figure out what lights to spend moar $$$ on...!

Cheers!
~TF
Old 05-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
get some LED light bars!