Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Evan's weekend warrior build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #41
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
Nice looking rig ya got there!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I know what your next update is going to be
Haha yep, ill talk to you about that soon. Unfortunately other mods are going to have to be delayed for a little while. Finally moving in with the GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Looks great Evan! I have the same bed racks that I need to get around to mounting on my truck. I like your Relentless Fab hi lift mounts, how do those mount into the bed? I couldn't tell from your picture. Do you need to drill? Also, what size hi lift did you get? 48 or 60"?
The racks are pretty awesome. If you want to lower them below the cab you need to cut the bottoms. I think i cut mine 4 5/8 so i could go one notch lower. Did you get the special attachments thule makes for our bed rail system? I had about 400 lbs of Ipe 18 footers on there this morning. The relentless mounts require no drilling, they just wedge in there and rest on top of the lip in the bed, then two big bolts that attach to the bed rail tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Digging on that sub box! One day I'll have to stash one in behind the rear bench.
Double cabs have alot of room in there, most double cab guys put them behind the seats, but check out this masterpiece
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...club-ussc.html
Old 07-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #42
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Evan, I have Tracrac not the Thule racks so mine cannot be adjusted for height. My neighbor had them on his Taco and I traded him beers for the racks lol. I actually haven't even put them on my truck yet. I was going to buy an SUP but haven't found a decent one at a decent price yet. So far, my 9'6" board is fitting in the short bed but anything longer and I will for sure have to put the racks on. I'm gonna look at the RF hi lift mounts for the bed. I'm guessing you have a 48" hi lift for the short bed?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #43
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Double cabs have alot of room in there, most double cab guys put them behind the seats, but check out this masterpiece
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...club-ussc.html
That is pretty nasty. I think I'll shoot for one decent sub and room for the amps on one side, tool storage on the other.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #44
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks Evan, I have Tracrac not the Thule racks so mine cannot be adjusted for height. My neighbor had them on his Taco and I traded him beers for the racks lol. I actually haven't even put them on my truck yet. I was going to buy an SUP but haven't found a decent one at a decent price yet. So far, my 9'6" board is fitting in the short bed but anything longer and I will for sure have to put the racks on. I'm gonna look at the RF hi lift mounts for the bed. I'm guessing you have a 48" hi lift for the short bed?
Yep, left that out. 48" hi-lift, i have the long bed, but my toolbox takes up alot of room. the trac racks are nice, i think they are a little sturdier than the thule racks. Plus thats an awesome deal haha, musta been some good beer
Old 07-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #45

Quote:
That is pretty nasty. I think I'll shoot for one decent sub and room for the amps on one side, tool storage on the other.
Ya that would be a good setup. One small sub is plenty for me right now, mine is only a 8" but it sounds really clean. I have thought about going bigger though.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #46
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ya that would be a good setup. One small sub is plenty for me right now, mine is only a 8" but it sounds really clean. I have thought about going bigger though.
I had a nice Boston Acoustics 8" running off the rear crossover and two 6" doors speakers running off the front channels in my old Taco and it was loud and clean... very good quality and easy to balance.

In this Taco I'll run a 4 channel for the doors and a single sub amp for an 8 or 10". Should be plenty loud. I'm going to wait for the stock stuff to die first.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #47

Quote:
I had a nice Boston Acoustics 8" running off the rear crossover and two 6" doors speakers running off the front channels in my old Taco and it was loud and clean... very good quality and easy to balance.

In this Taco I'll run a 4 channel for the doors and a single sub amp for an 8 or 10". Should be plenty loud. I'm going to wait for the stock stuff to die first.
Sounds like a good setup. i like boston acoustic, thats what i have now in my doors. for a small sub the rockford fosgate shallow mount is awesome, it requires real low airspace for a box which is the main reason i went with it. You want me to try to get that hood protector to alex for you when i am in mass sometime this week?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #48

Quote:
Sounds like a good setup. i like boston acoustic, thats what i have now in my doors. for a small sub the rockford fosgate shallow mount is awesome, it requires real low airspace for a box which is the main reason i went with it. You want me to try to get that hood protector to alex for you when i am in mass sometime this week?
Definitely. Even if I don't get a chance to catch up with him for awhile I know he'll be passing through my neck of the woods quite a bit during the rest of the summer.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #49

Picked up some retro- blazer fogs from Pugga, thanks again!

Old 07-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #50
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
fogs look great
Old 07-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
fogs look great
thanks, the best thing about them is the hard part was already done haha.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #52
tattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura about

Name: Erick
tattooedsnake's Tacoma Gallery
Those fogs look great. Killer deal you got on those man.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #53
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks beast with all those crazy lights on her. Good work Evan looks good! I just ordered a retrofit kit so I'm going to be updating my headlights soon.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsnake View Post
Those fogs look great. Killer deal you got on those man.
Thanks, ya im happy i picked them up maybe small wheeling trip on thursday? My buddy cant make it, ill see if any other TW guys would want to come

Quote:
Your truck looks beast with all those crazy lights on her. Good work Evan looks good! I just ordered a retrofit kit so I'm going to be updating my headlights soon.
Thanks man, your truck is looking awesome as well. I really want to do a retrofit, its the last thing the front of my truck needs....lighting wise. Someday ill get around to it, other mods are taking priority haha.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:23 AM   #55

Little update for my suspension progress, i decided ahwile ago that i slowly want to upgrade everything to a capable, smooth midtravel setup. I bought some used extended travel icons off of a member and just recently threw them on a few days ago. I am pretty impressed with the difference in ride quality over OME, and i gained a significant amount of downtravel. Now im going to pull the coilovers back off, OME is going back on and im going to have the Icons rebuilt, switch to longer king springs, and possibly have them custom valved. Eventually i want to get around to doing something like a review, comparing my OME setup with Icons. Maybe get some video of the same road with the different setups up front. I have already compared some measurments and i gained 2" of downtravel on the drivers side and 1 1/4" on the passengers side.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #56
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Extremely jealous of the wheel/tire/suspension set up, exactly what I want for my truck. Clean truck buddy, definitely gonna keep tabs on this one!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
Extremely jealous of the wheel/tire/suspension set up, exactly what I want for my truck. Clean truck buddy, definitely gonna keep tabs on this one!
Thanks alot! Seems like just months ago i was posting similar things in other peoples builds...(i still am, it never stops)

I decided to convert my satoshi to a thin thin lip. Its going to get a new paint job also.

Evan's weekend warrior build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374920884.332350.jpg
Old 09-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #58

Cbi bumper

Grill is under construction and lights coming soon
Old 09-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #59
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cbi bumper

Grill is under construction and lights coming soon
Where did my fogs get whored out?
Old 09-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Where did my fogs get whored out?
No where yet lol. The bulb hasn't showed up yet.

Products Discussed in this Thread