Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Evan's weekend warrior build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Evan's weekend warrior build

09 TRD offroad

Current mods

Suspension
Old man emu complete kit with 885s
3rd leaf removed from Dakars
Light racing UCAs
Icon extended travel coilovers in the basement ready for a rebuild

Armor
Bamf sliders rattlecanned
Cbi front bumper (thanks john!)

Wheels and tires
SCS stealth 6 in gloss black with SCS black chrome lugs
285/70/17 Goodyear duratracs

Apperance
Colormatched rear bumper
Satoshi grill with grillcraft mesh, colormatched with duplicolor (custom depth lip and new paint job in process)
painted badges (gloss black) removed TRD logo

Sound system
JVC KW-NT800HDT double din nav
5 channel MTX amp
boston acoustic SR-60s
Rockford fosgate 8" shallow mount sub in custom box

Lighting
36" Treklight LED light bar mounted in bumper (GONE)
PIAA 510 driving pattern lights with yellow bulbs in bumper
21" blitzpro single row LED bar
Two 6 LED OKLED pods, flood pattern
Two lightforce 170s

Accesories/Other
Hi-lift mounted in bed with Relentless Fab mounting brackets
Thule X-sporter bed racks, chopped 5"
UWS black chest style tool box
8500lb superwinch

To-do mod list
retrofitted headlights
add rear speakers
bed lighting
Rebuild Icon coilovers, upgrade to king springs

Future mod list
Skids
Rear bumper
Rear shock relocation/shackle flip and longer shocks
Moar lights!

shortly after i bought the truck i added the bed racks and toolbox, then i stumbled upon TW and the mods followed, the satoshi grill was my first one

then it was onto the soundsystem, after searching for ideas for a sub box i couldnt find what i wanted, i wanted to have full use of the back seats but i wanted some decent bass, so heres what i came up with.

the first cut with the sawzall was the hardest

i found an awesome deal on a MGM rear bumper, before

after

now the chrome grill had to go, decided to try duplicolor. Also painted a TOYOTA badge to go on the grill but i wasnt a huge fan of how it looked

now the good stuff, got some goodies in the mail. Shoutout to SCS

Lift installed, thanks to some help from some TW members i was able to tackle it myself. I removed the 3rd leaf from the Dakars. loaded up with 285 duratracs ready to be mounted

wheels and tires mounted

had some fun in 30" of snow

then my BAMF sliders and Hi lift got mounted

my 36" Treklights LED light bar

test fit 3# sucsess! after some minor trimming of the bumper

A great local deal came up for a CBI bumper, so i ditched the stock one and light bar. Grill is also under construction, a temp base model one will do for now

Added PIAA 510 lights and a 8500lb superwinch

rear bumper build in progress
Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

messing around with my gopro, here is a night shot video of the 36" light bar
http://youtu.be/l6e1xx7cVgQ

gatta rep my buddys skate/snow business, check out
Crispy whips!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
about time!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
about time!
Lol i know. All shitty cell pics also. I need some good pictures so you can make me a badass sig pic. Gopro should be here in a few days!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
about time!
+1. I'm glad to see that you're finally showing it off a little. Nice work so far Evan!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
+1. I'm glad to see that you're finally showing it off a little. Nice work so far Evan!
Thanks vin! You wouldnt belive how many compliments i have gotten on the wheels, everybody loves them. From random strangers also, not just people i know.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Nice work Evan it looks good
Thanks! Cant wait to see your truck post lift
Old 05-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #10
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a nice looking sub mount you made there sir, I like that its not just laying on the back seat like a few I have seen.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
Thats a nice looking sub mount you made there sir, I like that its not just laying on the back seat like a few I have seen.
thank you, it hits surprising hard for being such a small box and only a 8" sub
Old 05-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #12

some random pictures with my gopro

Old 05-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #14
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Damn looks awesome!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice build. SCS and grille are nice. Lift came out good also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTacoma View Post
Good looking truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
Damn looks awesome!
Thanks guys!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
how is the new leaf pack holding up? your setup is what i am saving for now
Old 05-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #18
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
just wondering how much lift you got with your setup? I was thinking of going with the same exact setup, 885's, OME nitro shocks front and rear, LR UCAs, and the dakars with the third leaf removed. I'm running 265/70/17 tho so a little smaller and don't want to have too much lift and it look goofy
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlPreds View Post
how is the new leaf pack holding up? your setup is what i am saving for now
Its holding up good. It may have settled a little. My toolbox has been packed full of heavy tools lately, probably around 200 lbs, and i added sliders, probably another 125 lbs. if they have sagged at all its barley noticeable, maybe a 1/4" the leafs are a little rusty, but its really not avoidable living in new england a less than a mile away from the ocean. It is definitely a good setup though, i am happy i went with dakars vs. AAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
just wondering how much lift you got with your setup? I was thinking of going with the same exact setup, 885's, OME nitro shocks front and rear, LR UCAs, and the dakars with the third leaf removed. I'm running 265/70/17 tho so a little smaller and don't want to have too much lift and it look goofy
My hub to fender flare measurements average out to 23" up front and 23.5" in the rear. You will be happy with everything, its a solid setup. Removing the leaf from the dakars worked out really well, and now if they ever sag on me or i add a bedcap or more weight i can just put the leaf back in. Plus the leafpacks are pretty soft with the 3rd leaf removed and they flex out really nice. I think you will be happy with 265/70/17. I had a hard time choosing between that size and 285s, after i had my lift on and the 285s on i realized i would have been happy with 265/70/17, and i kinda kicked myself for dropping so much money for 285s because i passed up on a really good deal on 265/70/17s duratracs. You can always look into 275/70/17. There are a few guys that run that size and it looks nice.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #20
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
My hub to fender flare measurements average out to 23" up front and 23.5" in the rear. You will be happy with everything, its a solid setup. Removing the leaf from the dakars worked out really well, and now if they ever sag on me or i add a bedcap or more weight i can just put the leaf back in. Plus the leafpacks are pretty soft with the 3rd leaf removed and they flex out really nice. I think you will be happy with 265/70/17. I had a hard time choosing between that size and 285s, after i had my lift on and the 285s on i realized i would have been happy with 265/70/17, and i kinda kicked myself for dropping so much money for 285s because i passed up on a really good deal on 265/70/17s duratracs. You can always look into 275/70/17. There are a few guys that run that size and it looks nice.
I have 265/70/17 general grabber at2 now and i absolutely love them and will likely continue to get them indefinitely since they look good and dont hurt my mileage. Pretty much lift size is based around the tires haha. Thanks for the input tho man, it is super helpful and makes me want to just do the 885's instead of 884s since the Dakars seem a lot better than the AAL with the 3rd leaf removed.

Products Discussed in this Thread