Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Yota Lovers 2011 DCLB Build

View Poll Results: What should the next purchase be?
Engine- URD CAI 6 12.77%
Drivetrain- Lockers 16 34.04%
Interior- Floor Mats and Seat Covers 7 14.89%
Exterior- Grill 5 10.64%
Lighting- Rigid light bar 4 8.51%
Armor- Bumper 13 27.66%
Armor- Diff, Trans, and Fuel 8 17.02%
Recovery- Winch 8 17.02%
Spare relocation and fuel/water bracket 3 6.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Yota Lovers 2011 DCLB Build

Guess it's time to make a build thread.

Maybe this will help me decide where I'm going to spend my money and how I want to build up the truck. I have decided to go the overland/expedition route for the build. It is also my daily driver. Your input, opinions, and experiences are welcome here!

I bought the truck in the fall of 2011 with the $3500 I got from my beloved 95.5 Tacoma SX. I couldn't justify the extra money for the TRD, but I did get the tow package and backup camera.

Engine- Stock 4.0L

Left To Do:
  • URD CAI
  • URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
  • Headers
Drivetrain- 1" front Diff drop, Drive shaft carrier bearing spacer

Left To Do
:
  • Trans cooler bypass/relocation
  • trans temp gauge
  • ARB air lockers front and rear
  • magnetic drain plugs for the Diffs
  • Diff breather relocation

Interior- Baby seat, blanket for the dog, spilled coffee on the console, CVRV mirror relocation, MattGecko slider bar

Left To Do:

Exterior- Vent Visors, Andres DH- polished and cleared aluminum
Left To Do:
  • Do my own Satoshi grill- IN THE WORKS
  • bug shield
  • de-badge
  • Expedition/Overland cab-over bed rack
  • Expedition tent

Lighting- PIAA 530 fogs
Left To Do:
  • Do the anytime fog mod
  • Fab light bar behind grill

Armor-
All-Pro APEX front bumper, All-Pro front skid, All-Pro APEX sliders, BAMF LCA skids

Left To Do:
  • Armor Tech Offroad- Style 1 w/ reverse light buckets
  • Rear Diff armor
  • Trans and fuel tank armor

Suspension- Old Man Emu 3" 05'+ Toyota Tacoma Kit (OMETACO5HK), 13mm spacers to reduce rake to 1/2", LR UCAs

Left To Do:
  • ???
Brakes- OCTaco SS lines

Left To Do:
  • EBC Greenstuff pads
  • EBC Dimpled and Slotted Rotors

Recovery- 3/4" shackles on the front, receiver hitch 3/4" shackle on the rear, 30' steel braided cable (7,800k), 2" recovery strap

Left To Do:
  • Winch
  • synthetic line
  • snatch block

Wheels and Tires- (set of 5) 18" Pro-Comp Wheels, Nitto Terra Grappler A/T 275/65 R18

Misc- I want to do spare tire relocation as well as fuel and water can bracket, probably in the bed.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Lots of wants here lol
Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Nice! Lots of wants here lol
Yeah, I could only change a couple to actual "needs", like the lockers. Just stuff I want to get on the truck to make it more capable and fun to drive

I also needed a list somewhere to look at, daydream, and help prioritize.

*13mm spacers and extended bolts ordered
Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa! Added a poll to your build thread!? Genius lol. By bumper i am guessing you mean rear bumper. I would probably go with lighting cuz i am a sucker for cool tech stuff like the LED light bars. But seems like you are close to getting you truck to a real trail worthy build so i am ganna have to go with lockers.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
^^^agree. grill is a nice, less expensive mod though (more of an exterior guy myself) but if you get the lockers, hopefully you won't need the winch....right?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Whoa! Added a poll to your build thread!? Genius lol. By bumper i am guessing you mean rear bumper. I would probably go with lighting cuz i am a sucker for cool tech stuff like the LED light bars. But seems like you are close to getting you truck to a real trail worthy build so i am ganna have to go with lockers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R09ster View Post
^^^agree. grill is a nice, less expensive mod though (more of an exterior guy myself) but if you get the lockers, hopefully you won't need the winch....right?
Lockers are at the top of the list, but I think my measly budget is going to require me to install the e-locker first and then upgrade to a full ARB front and rear setup.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R09ster View Post
I thought that's what my gallery was for , but I'll get some up.

*DONE!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #9

Spring 2012

OME lift went in, sliders installed, and new wheels and tires go on

Old 05-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #10

Fall 2012

Ordered and installed All-Pro Apex front bumper and skid I epoxied some heavy duty magnets to my front license plate for easy removal.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #11

Spring 2013

Installed PIAA 530 fogs into the stock foglight wiring harness. Ordered and installed OCTacos' SS lines. Also got Smittybuilt shackles for the front. Vent Visors installed to keep the fresh air flowing and the rain out.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #12

14 & 17 May 2013

Hauling some wood to the house

And just this morning out near Odiorne Point, Rye, NH

Old 05-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #13
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
sick build man!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
sick build man!
Thanks, but stop that, I'm blushing

It's all pretty mild so far, but I should be able to put on some really solid equipment over the next couple of years which will get me closer to sick.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Thanks, but stop that, I'm blushing

It's all pretty mild so far, but I should be able to put on some really solid equipment over the next couple of years which will get me closer to sick.
x2, im looking hard at the new TG 2nd gen bumpers front and rear..
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #16

Quote:
x2, im looking hard at the new TG 2nd gen bumpers front and rear..
When I get to the office tomorrow I'll send you a link that'll have you sold on a rear bumper. Unbelievable design and quality.

***Check this bumper out: http://www.armortechoffroad.com/2005...le-1_p_51.html

Pretty sure I'm going this way, so long as they will weld in the reverse light buckets as shown on their other bumper.***
Old 05-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #17

13mm Spacer Install

For months its been bugging me that I have lost lift in the front end after adding on the APEX plate bumper and the skid plate. When I measured 2 weeks ago the difference was 1.5" between the front and the rear. Not friggin' cool. With what I've read on the threads and a slightly used set of spacers from nj636 it was go time.

I pulled the struts and noticed I did have the 886X.

Pretty simple removal. Popped the tie rod ends. Popped the sway bar link (I decided to get rid of the whole thing). Remove the top three bolts on the tower and the bottom bolt from the LCA. Done.

Dropped the struts off for installation of the new studs.

Installation was really tight, so off went the lower ball joint assembly. Moving the LCA at that point was a dream.

Spacer seats well. Note how close the spring is to the UCA. That sucker rubs on the passenger side, and I'm hoping it'll settle in with a little bit of driving. The driver side looked perfect. Good excuse to buy some UCAs if that spring doesn't behave itself!

All back together, torqued, and looking sweet.

This mornings measurements (center hub to bottom fender):
DS- 22"
PS- 22.5"
Rear- 24"

This evenings measurements after jumping a few speedbumps:
DS- 23.25"
PS- 23.5"
Rear- 24"

So I have a slight 1/2" rake. I rule
Old 05-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #18

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
When I get to the office tomorrow I'll send you a link that'll have you sold on a rear bumper. Unbelievable design and quality.

***Check this bumper out: http://www.armortechoffroad.com/2005...le-1_p_51.html

Pretty sure I'm going this way, so long as they will weld in the reverse light buckets as shown on their other bumper.***
thats nice, but i want the side protection, and you can get both front and rear bumpers shipped from TG for under 1000 bucks...
Old 05-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #19

Quote:
thats nice, but i want the side protection, and you can get both front and rear bumpers shipped from TG for under 1000 bucks...
You pay for what you get brother. Could be a good product, link it.

Products Discussed in this Thread