Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

black Falcon!

Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Dubs Chops is on a distinguished road
Dubs Chops's Tacoma Gallery
black Falcon!

Well it is time I start another build thread. I bought a stock 2005 SSM 4 door trd offroad and sold it a year later after getting it the way I wanted it. Then the regret came and I started looking for a slightly newer model with less miles. After a few weeks I found a stock 2011 trd offroad black 4 door.

here is a picture of the 2005 I dubbed Perseus.

at 12k feet in CO

Here is the Flacon the day I got it. Notice the super ghey red and silver pinstripe

Uses for the Truck;
Storm Chasing, Or storm Escaping (I live in NE OK)
Expo and overlanding, (I want a truck that will get me across the future apocalyptic wastelands and all my nomadic travels in the meantime.)
Daily Driver Ready for adventure at any minute. ( plan on keeping in the truck enough gear to last a week without restocking)

Mods Planned:
Coming soon.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
nice rig....................Ill be honest tho, I thought "black falcon" was a take on the mil term "blue falcon"

skeerd me
Old 05-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
The first thing to do was to pick out my new wheels and tires. Ended up ordering the 255 85r16 KM2 and the Conig Countersteer's in Anodized Bronze.
the tire and wheel combo comes in at 71-72# per wheel and tire.

My last tires on the silver truck were 75# Ea! I am going to be DD'ing this rig so mileage although a relative term still needs to be the best it can be. I read that every 10# you add to your wheel and tire combo is like 100# in the truck so I am looking to stay as lite as possible hoping to sacrifice as little as possible in the terms of mileage and performance.

I will weight the stock wheel and tire combo soon to see how much I actually added.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
nice rig....................Ill be honest tho, I thought "black falcon" was a take on the mil term "blue falcon"

skeerd me
That is exactly what I was thinking. The title works it drew us in.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

skeerd me
LOL Nope, I am GTG. No blue Falconing here.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Going to look good.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
was searching around on CList and found this beast. Felt like a grandpa driving home lol. Can't wait to get this thing painted!

Also had to get rid of the Chrome Grill. drove like this for a week while I worked on it in the evenings.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Done, used Krylon self priming for the base layer then 3 coats of duplicolor black, 2 coats of duplicolor clear, wet sanded with 2000Grit and polishing compound, then turtle wax. it is still a little more Matte colored than the rest of the truck but I am cool with that.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma VT View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking. The title works it drew us in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs Chops View Post
LOL Nope, I am GTG. No blue Falconing here.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
Ordered the same OME kit as last time from the same company. Wheelers offroad. The first time all went smooth not one problem. Things went a little different this time however. In addition to their full OME kit with the rear dakar springs I ordered the schocks pre mounted on the springs and a set of LR UCA's to get my alignment just right. Well got the kit in good time. About 5 days from order.

Got the front end done without incident.

then I tore the rear apart and noticed the bushings were way to big for the leafs. Hmmmmm GOt to searching and figured out they sent me the wrong rear leaf springs. they sent me the smaller ones for the 95-2004 taco's Well now I am torn apart and don't have a truck to drive. they are sending me replacements but it is going to be a week before they arrive. so I am without this week and my truck is in my buddies driveway who was helping me with the install. (I am working with them right now to see if they are willing to try and compensate for my lack of a vehichle for a week) They have been nice on the phone so I hope they are willing to do a little something for a repeat customer in this circumstance.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Ouch. Nice lookin' SOB, though.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Great taste on wheels/tires/suspension

Wheeler's should treat you well. Nice whip
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
This is how she sits right now.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice start man! Keep it up
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Loving the camper. My buddy picked up a white camper for his Blue Ranger and left it white without painting...It ads character lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Great taste on wheels/tires/suspension

Wheeler's should treat you well. Nice whip
THanks, your truck has actually popped up a few times when I googled those wheels. Your truck looks great too man.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
We will be heading to the smokey mountain on vacation in the next few weeks so I am running down to the wire with getting the truck ready for the trip. I will post some pics from the trip as well.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #18
Added a few non mechanical mods, While the truck sits on JackStands. Wait Where is my Weathertech sticker!!!!

EGR In Channels for anyone who cares
Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #19
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! That wheel/tire combo with your paint color looks incredible!

Matt
Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I like where you are goin with this.....