Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

FINALLY GOT ONE!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
redlig has a spectacular aura aboutredlig has a spectacular aura about
Name: nick
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
FINALLY GOT ONE!

so after working at Toyota for almost a year i finally got me a tacoma. nothing to brag about but its an 05 access cab prerunner sr5 v6 and im loving it

the passenger side had a dent in the bedside and the mirror is ripped off. but im ordering a new mirror, fj wheels and tired for crazy cheap and key from work. the next thing is fiberglass all around then leather interior cant wait to get everything started
Old 05-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! Welcome!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
wow quick...hey anyway so here the deal im a guy so i feel like i need lt but it would never see dunes so i have kinda convinced myself to go mid travel. half the cost WAY better than stock and with some lift. i want to have a nice plush ride but also dont want a ladder to have to get in it. another factor was price lol if i understand correctly i can do mid for almost a third of lt. one kit i considered was camburg 6.0 kit it appears it does the front and back and before i get any responses im avopiding skyjacker fabtec all that other bs. not to sound rude but im comming from a jeep background and tried fabtec once then found out what my dad paid for what we got and never again.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
mods please delete
Old 06-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
ok so here the pics not great and needs some work...

first up ugly side. got new mirror at work and the mechanics are going to put it on. i think glassworks are a good way to fix the bedside

next the good side

then the front and rear

also hey where the heck does this go? was on the shift lever...now confusion has set in...

right now im in the middle of completely cleaning the entire interior new carpet recovered seats not to mention the entire floorpan scrubbed and vacuumed. did i mention i hate dirt and dog hair...so freshly cleaned waiting for new carpet
Old 06-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the plan is to do it eventually i called and have emailed them and im going with a 4in flare wont look too goofy but still looks pretty mean. for right now im looking into getting plain black fj wheels and tires. yeah its plain but i love the black simple look plus i like being functional cant stand guys with nice rims but wont get them dirty. anyway....would love to do maybe 33's eventually but who knows. for right now just dong basic stuff. looking into a front bumper also. anyone got any tips on the carpet lol
Old 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
Moshman is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Moshman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlig View Post
yeah the plan is to do it eventually i called and have emailed them and im going with a 4in flare wont look too goofy but still looks pretty mean. for right now im looking into getting plain black fj wheels and tires. yeah its plain but i love the black simple look plus i like being functional cant stand guys with nice rims but wont get them dirty. anyway....would love to do maybe 33's eventually but who knows. for right now just dong basic stuff. looking into a front bumper also. anyone got any tips on the carpet lol
Id go for the black rubber matting on the floor instead of the carpet.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshman View Post
Id go for the black rubber matting on the floor instead of the carpet.

well find me some....ugh so UGH messed up the carpet and cut wrong...freeking idiot. not being smart but seriously couldnt find any. thinking about rhino lining....
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
ok so been waiting till i have a good update before i post anything else. so far this coming friday ill have my hitch installed and between now and them my glassworks fenders should ship. hopefully they come in a timely manner but so far tim has been very good responding and getting the whole order together. anyway im crazy excited to get the ball rolling on the build.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks promising and a great platform to start with and I even like the color
Old 07-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
twinsies! (color/cab anyway)
Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #15
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys looking at suspension a am thinking about the camburg 6.0 kit anyone got pics or know anything about them any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
redlig's Tacoma Gallery
so after many MANY contact failures with tim at glassworks ups called and said my kits being delivered monday FINALLY!! but i cant complain didnt wait that long just felt like it being in the dark and all. so anyone got any input in the install should nto be too bad. tried searching to find pics of taking the bedsides and fenders off just to get a heads up but couldnt find anything...so excited to get this going
Old 07-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #17
Blze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlze001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: JD
Blze001's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought it and you're already ripping out the POS interior and replacing it? Now that's starting ownership out on a high note

Are you sticking with the factory beige color?
Old 07-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #18
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
If the carpet is nasty you would be surprised how well a pressure washer works on it. My 84 Capri had moldy nasty carpet in it when I bought it. Sat outside with a hole in the roof for years... Pressure washed it and it's back in the car, doesn't smell, and looks great. Just plan on letting it sit in the sun for a few days to dry... Works on seats too but take's FOREVER to dry. I prefer a regular steam cleaner for those.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
REDdawn6 is on a distinguished road

REDdawn6's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome man. Looks good man. Not a bad starting point at all.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
TypicalPete is a name known to allTypicalPete is a name known to allTypicalPete is a name known to allTypicalPete is a name known to allTypicalPete is a name known to allTypicalPete is a name known to all

TypicalPete's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and congrats on the truck