LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Hritz's budget build!

Old 05-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Hritz has a spectacular aura aboutHritz has a spectacular aura aboutHritz has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trevor
Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
Hritz's budget build!

Hello everyone im new to the forum. My name is Trevor and about 4 months ago i got my tacoma! I plan on doing as many mods as i can but the budget is a bit strict...

- 2006 Tacoma access cab prerunner with TRD Sport Package.

- Black rear tail lights.

- Nitto Terra graplers 275/65/r18's.

- Aftermarket wheels (came on truck not sure what they are).

- Front leveling kit.

- Westin GenX nerfbars.

- Rocksford fosgate 12'' p3 sub with a 1200 watt amp.

Started on my badges!

Used this to cut the tape on the back! Its 2 deep sockets with braided line tied through it..

Finished outcome..Not too bad i dont think!

painted my caliper's to add some extra HP!!

also added some new door speakers!!

Then some new dome lights that are way more blue then i thought they would be!

Then a new Pioneer 4500 head unit!
-And a backup camera for shits and giggles!

And also put in some new weather techs!!

Next, the hood assist from redline!

also made a washable cabin air filter!!!

Then came plastidip!!!
-First was the trim inside!

Then the lower valence!!
-First coat!

Second coat

Third coat

The finished product!!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
Hailstate!
chart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force:
Name: Cody
chart92's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck man. Good luck with the build. Lots of info on here with a lot of people with TONS of experience.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Pretty optimistic trying to stick to a budget The bug'll bite you.

Welcome aboard! A lot of good folks and know-how here.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Hritz has a spectacular aura aboutHritz has a spectacular aura aboutHritz has a spectacular aura about

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! im just trying to keep simple...i mean im not about to buy a super charger and a new set of wheels and tires haha, im just gonna skip along at a slow pace and pick items up when i can afford it! i just cant decide what i want for my truck...im stuck between the avid light bar or the black westin bull bar to go on the front on my truck?? any suggestion?

i love my truck to death and wouldn't trade it for anything but i would really love to have 4wd. i looked around to see if there was any threads, and there was accouple but perrty much everyone said that its just easier to sell the truck and buy a 4wd, but i seen were most people said it would be easier to convert 4wd if you did solid axle,is this true??
Old 05-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hritz View Post
...im stuck between the avid light bar or the black westin bull bar to go on the front on my truck?? any suggestion?

i looked around to see if there was any threads, and there was accouple but perrty much everyone said that its just easier to sell the truck and buy a 4wd, but i seen were most people said it would be easier to convert 4wd if you did solid axle,is this true??
Light bars IMO are a waste of money. They'll also help magnify the amount if body damage in a fender bender.

I think it would be a lot cheaper to simply buy a 4x4 and build it up, as opposed to having to do a ton of modification, fabrication, and purchase extra driveline and suspension components to make a 2wd into a 4wd.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
ah ok i think imma go with the bull bar, plus they look better! And your right it would be loads cheaper to just buy a 4wd!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah ok i think imma go with the bull bar, plus they look better! And your right it would be loads cheaper to just buy a 4wd!
Bull bars offer no protection, FYI. They also decrease your approach angle and limit ground clearance. I would save your money.

Matt
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #8

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
well ill have to look into that! i would love to have a plate bumper but there huge...and they just dont look right on tacomas, any ideas on something that has good protection but are not extremely huge??

Blacked out all my emblems today as well, should have pictures up by tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well ill have to look into that! i would love to have a plate bumper but there huge...and they just dont look right on tacomas, any ideas on something that has good protection but are not extremely huge??

im sure the fabricators would be offended by this :P

in the mean time, check them out for your self!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html

to each their own right?

loved doing black badges on my truck, looks good on silver
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #10

Quote:

Bro, look at my bumper compared to stock. Stock was a huge piece of plastic $hit. My plate is damned sexy.

Or if you like a more petite bumper, check out the tube bumpers all the Cali guys are running.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #11

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
loved doing black badges on my truck, looks good on silver
yeah, mine was a huge pain in the ass and im not sure if they tuned out right but it was fun at the same time! it just sucked removing the leftover outline from the bagdes!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #12

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Bro, look at my bumper compared to stock. Stock was a huge piece of plastic $hit. My plate is damned sexy.
Some plate bumpers do look good but others are just ugly...i like the relentless fab bumpers more than anything else!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Some plate bumpers do look good but others are just ugly...i like the relentless fab bumpers more than anything else!
Careful, I think the bug has already bitten you.

If your going to keep your truck on pavement you'll be able to make a lot of cool less pricey mods over time that'll really set your truck apart from the crowd.

If you're thinking about the trail, rock climbing, or the dunes you should think about a second job Building up a rig that'll take the punishment is costly.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #14

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Careful, I think the bug has already bitten you.
Yeah i think it already has! I think my next big step is a touch screen head unit, i just don't know witch one is worth the money but is relatively cheap??

Also, what do yall think about painting my exhaust tips black??
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #15

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys think of these wheels?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #16

Quote:
What do you guys think of these wheels?

Very unique! They could really give your truck a clean look. Have you tried photoshopping them onto your truck to see?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #17
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
black rims on a silver truck is the way to go. Those are nice and clean...looks like an F-22
Old 05-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #18

Hritz's Tacoma Gallery
i was just wondering(and pardon me if i offend anyone here!)if they look too niggerish! And i dont mean that in a bad way just using it as a stereotype..
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i was just wondering(and pardon me if i offend anyone here!)if they look too niggerish! And i dont mean that in a bad way just using it as a stereotype..
BAHAHAHAHA! as long as you keep the chrome on the rest of the truck to a minimum I think you'll be fine
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
"too DUB" might have been a better choice. but you won't have little rubberband tires on it so i think you might be surprised how it turns out. could be really unique. i've seen tacomas on here with some rims that would normally look pretty tunerish, but turn out awesome with some nice big tires on them.

Products Discussed in this Thread